A romantic getaway in Sri Lanka for couples on their honeymoon, a special occasion such as an anniversary or birthday or even just spending some quality time with one another.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Sri Lanka. Meet and transfer to Dambulla|
|Day 2||Dambulla: Day free. Explore the Lion Rock|
|Day 3||Travel to Kandy|
|Day 4||Continue to Ella; famous for its breathtaking views|
|Day 5||Picnic lunch in Ella|
|Day 6||Onwards to Yala National Park|
|Day 7||Continue to Bentota - Hikkaduwa - Beruwala|
|Day 8||Day free to enjoy the wonderful beaches|
|Day 9||Return to Colombo|
|Day 10||Last day in Sri Lanka. Transfer to the Airport|
Arrival in Sri Lanka - Dambulla (B)
- On arrival at the Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport; you will be warmly welcomed by our representative.
- Your holiday of pure leisure has just begun.
- Escort to your vehicle and transferred to Dambulla, the starting point of an idyllic vacation.
- Overnight in Sigiriya
- Day at leisure
- Explore some of Sri Lanka's fascinating UNESCO protected World Heritage Sites - the lion rock of Sigiriya a royal capital city built in 477 AD; the ancient kingdom of Polonnaruwa; which was Sri Lanka's royal medieval capital between the late 11th - 13th centuries.
- Candle Lit dinner at the Hotel
- Overnight stay at Kassapa Lions Rock Hotel in Sigiriya
- Things to do:
- Climb the Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Explore the ruins of Polonnaruwa
Travel to Kandy (B)
- After breakfast, travel to Kandy a World Heritage city. Traditions and culture remain undisturbed by European influence in the colonial era.
- The Royal Palace; now known as the “The Temple of the Tooth Relic" (of Lord Buddha); situated right beside the Kandy lake gives a magical beauty to the city. Kandy is also home to one of the largest botanical gardens in South East Asia.
- The Gardens date back to the 14th century and boast over 4000 species of plants and many trees with significant histories.
- Visitors from the UK will be particularly interested in the Cannonball Tree planted by King George V. The tree is bent with its fruits; which resemble cannonballs hence the name.
- Overnight stay at Oak Ray Regency in Kandy
- Things to do:
- Visit the Cave Temples in Dambulla en route to Kandy
- Consider a visit to a spice garden in Matale.
- Kandy; join devotees at the Temple of the Tooth Relic
- Witness a cultural show after the visit to the Temple
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 9 Nights’ Accommodation at selected hotels in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English-speaking Chauffeur Guide
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Sri Lanka visa fee
- Optional tours – local Guide and Entrance fees
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT and 15 DEC 21
Contact us for alternative travel dates
This will be a holiday that you'll always remember. It is as if nature plays with the colors of the sun just to ensure that you remember this day, this moment, and this love for the rest of your life
Your vacation does not need to be a once in a lifetime experience. You can relive your romantic getaway over and over again, every time you come back to this magical island, Sri Lanka.
The teardrop-shaped island is home to many beautiful beaches. Still not as commercialized as some of the other beach destinations in Southeast Asia. It boasts of emerald waters and uncrowded, pristine beaches lined with palm trees, that could be straight out of a postcard. Instead of the beaten down path, plan a visit to Sri Lanka, for a romantic holiday that you would remember for a long time to come.