TOUR STARTS FROM LISBON
Portugal Andalucia and Mediterranean Coast tour include visits to 9 cities in 9 days. Enjoy guided tours, comfortable hotels and transportation. This is all part of your exploration journey through Spain and Portugal
There is no better way to explore the best the Iberian Peninsula hassle free.
A unique tour showcasing the colors of Lisbon, Andalucia’s art and history and to be near the Mediterranean in Valencia and Barcelona.
At a glance
|SAT||Leave Lisbon and travel to Cordoba via Caceres|
|SUN||Morning city tour. Onwards to Seville|
|MON||Seville morning tour. Afternoon free|
|TUE||Onwards to the Costa del Sol via Ronda|
|WED||Leave for Granada with Alhambra tour|
|THU||Continue to Valencia|
|FRI||Morning free. Afternoon departure to Barcelona|
|SAT||Morning sightseeing tour|
|SUN||Leave for Zaragoza and end the tour in Madrid|
> A 09 day guided tour of the Iberian Peninsula in style
> Cross into Spain and stop in Caceres, a magical medieval city
> Explore Cordoba, Seville and Granada home to several Unesco World Heritage Sites
> Continue your journey along the Mediterranean coastline to Valencia ending in Barcelona
> Spend two nights in Barcelona, Spain's most cosmopolitan city filled with arts and architecture
Lisbon - Caceres - Cordoba (D)
- Leave Lisbon at 7:30 a.m. towards the border with Spain to Caceres.
- You have some free time to explore the Plaza Mayor and to walk through the old city and its famous Medieval
- quarter, very well preserved and considered a World Heritage place.
- Lunch (Own arrangement)
- Travel southwards to Andalucia by the via the Silver Road and arrive in Cordoba.
- Dinner and accommodations.
Cordoba - Seville (B)
- Leave on a sightseeing tour of Cordoba after breakfast
- See the famous Mosque-Cathedral and the old Jewish Quarter.
- Continue to Seville and check into your hotel
- The afternoon is at leisure for you to explore the capital city of Andalucia.
- AccommoOvernight at your hotel in Seville
- Optional tour: Flamenco show.
- Morning city tour visiting the Barrio de Santa Cruz with its narrow streets, the Park of María Luisa and Plaza de España.
- Free afternoon in Seville
- Optional artistic tour including the Royal Alcazar Palace can be booked through your guide
- Transportation in deluxe AC motor-coaches with panoramic windows, and maximum comfort and safety.
- Experienced multilingual and English speaking tour conductors during the tour
- Local sightseeing tours as indicated, with expert local guides and entrance fees to the monuments.
- Accommodation in selected hotels in double room sharing
- The professional support of our team at your service.
- Transportation of one baggage per person.
- Meal plan as per itinerary.
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Schengen (Spain and Portugal) Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- DEPARTURES: Saturday all year
Rate valid for travel between 01 APR 19 and 31 MAR 2020
Seasonal supplements applicable for travel in APR, MAY, JUL, AUG, SEP & OCT 2019
Best time to Travel
Both Portugal and Spain have Mediterranean climates with warm summers and mild winters. Both Capitals, Lisbon and Madrid will get cold during the winter months. Lisbon may be rainy but mild in Winter.
Food and drinks
When traveling to both countries, you will not be lost for culinary treats. Fresh seafood with a mixture of spices and olive oils will make every meal a unique experience. Expect to find peri peri in a lot of dishes whilst eating out in Portugal. Spain' meals, such as Tapas is a favorite. Dry white wines and Porto in Portugal are the favorites. Spain is known for its local sparkling wine called Cava. Sangria is, however, the most popular drink
Both nations are proud of their heritage. Having said that, the Portuguese are more laid-back compared with their neighbors. Do not assume that English is widely understood and do not expect a lot of activities on Sundays.
Plan your meals carefully as eating times differ from ours. Breakfast is at 8 am, lunch is served around 3 pm and dinner does not start before 9 pm.
Portugal offers affordable transportation rates. Both countries have an incredibly well-organized transportation network. Road networks are better in Spain compared to Portugal.
Portuguese traditional dishes
Bacalhau: Codfish is the most traditional of food dishes on the menu
Cataplana de Marisco: A seafood stew prepared in a double copper pan and served with rice
Caldo Verde: Enjoyed in Summer and winter and made of Dark green cabbage
Sardines: Grilled is a summertime food of choice
Pasteis de Natas: A sweet creamy egg tart made of flour, butter, eggs, cinnamon and sugar
You are going to experience the most spectacular views of Lisbon - Quarter of Alfama, Basilica, Torre de Belem, Monasterio de Los Jeronimos, and more. Enjoy a couple of days, exploring the Portuguese capital. An excursion to one of the main pilgrim centers, Fatima, is definitely a 'must'.
Later you'll cross the border and will visit various Andalusian cities - Seville with its unforgettable southern charm. Granada with its gorgeous Palace of Alhambra and Cordoba with a famous Mezquita-Catedral and a Jewish quarter. The ancient village of Ronda, on your way to Marbella, is definitely not to be missed.
You will also be able to spend some time at the sea in Marbella, on the beautiful Costa del Sol.
Travel to Valencia and Barcelona, the two most important cities on the Mediterranean coast. Here you can enjoy its long sandy beaches, see unique architecture and taste a delicious fish or seafood dishes
On the last day of your tour, stop in Zaragoza and visit the famous Basilica Pilar - patron saint of hispanidad, before returning to Madrid.