Experience all the excitement and culture Cambodia has to offer with our Classic Cambodia Tour. Undoubtedly this journey will take you to the most iconic spots in nine days. Explore the vibrant capital city of Phnom Penh and ancient Siem Reap, home to the incredible religious complex of Angkor. Subsequently, you will venture through the magnificent temples of Angkor Wat and see some of the country’s most beautiful hidden temples.
We combine the magnificence of the Khmer Empire with lively Phnom Penh and is, therefore, the perfect way to get acquainted with this captivating nation. Witness the grandeur of ancient Angkor Wat. See the enigmatic faces of the Bayon. Confront the tragedy of the recent past and delight in the hopes for a better future during this classic Cambodian adventure.
At a glance
|Day 1||Arrive Siem Reap. Meet and transfer to your hotel|
|Day 2||Village walk and Floating Community|
|Day 3||Siem Reap: Angkor Temples|
|Day 4||Siem Reap to Battambang and Bamboo Train ride|
|Day 5||Battambang Orientation tour by bike|
|Day 6||Travel to Phnom Penh via Kampong Chnnang|
|Day 7||Phnom Penh City tour|
|Day 8||Phon Penh: Architectural tour and Sunset Dinner Cruise|
|Day 9||Depart Phnom Penh|
> Take an ox-wide ride through the rice paddies
> Early morning Angkor Wat tour
> Gaze at the enigmatic faces of the Bayon Temples
> An adventurous Bamboo train ride in Battambang
> Explore the Phnom Sampeau caves still containing reminders of a turbulent past
> Shop for pottery in Kampong Chnnang
> Enjoy a BBQ dinner on a sunset cruise in Phnom Penh
Siem Reap – Arrival
- Upon arrival; you will be met by our representative who will assist you through immigration. Transfer to the hotel; and check-in.
Siem Reap - Village Walk and Floating Community (B)
- Morning transfer to a beautiful village in the countryside. Walk through its streets. Continue your tour to your next destination, a floating village. Embark on a motorized boat visiting various floating villages offering an incredible natural scenery.
- Return to Siem Reap.
- At 4:30, visit the Angkor National Museum with its artifacts of Cambodia's ancient times
Angkor Highlighted Temple Tour (B)
- Beat the crowd, as we arrive around 7 am at the picturesque Ta Prohm which nearly disappeared into the jungle and still remains overgrown. Tree roots are still pushing between huge stone blocks forming a strange sort of embrace. Continue to the carved Khmer ruins of Angkor Wat - one of the worlds most impressive ruins.
- In the afternoon, explore the mysterious Royal city of Angkor Thom and Bayon. Its 54 tower temple is truly an awesome site.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double/twin room sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 APR and 30 SEP 20
Contact us for any other date of travel required
- Best time to travel to Cambodia
Tourist season runs from November to March, but Cambodia is warm throughout the year and temperatures do not go below 20C. If you prefer lesser crowds, opt to travel between May to early October
- Cambodia Culture and Greetings
Cambodians are a mixture of Hinduism and Buddhism. The country’s golden age between the 9th and 14th Century is better known as the Khmer Empire era. During this time Cambodia achieved unparalleled achievements in the arts and architecture and Angkor Wat is your perfect example
When you greet someone, press your hands together in front of your chest.
- Drinks & Food
The basic of any Cambodian meal is rice, served either sticky or jasmine rice grown in the many paddy fields.
Noodle soup is very common, and you will find that French food is still readily available. Don’t be surprised to find a coffee and “baguette sandwich” snack option. Roadside street food stalls are fun to try but rather sticks to the busy stalls serving piping hot foods
- Discover your environment
Taxi hire is available in all major cities. They are not metered so fix the rate in advance. Tips will be appreciated by the driver. Not to be missed is a ride in a tuk-tuk.
Locals rarely tip, however, tourist like to add 10% which is appropriate especially in restaurants where no service charge is added to the bill
- Local interesting meals:
Babor: Rice porridge with chicken broth
Kralan: Sticky rice flavored with sugar, beans and grated coconut steamed inside a Bamboo pole
Mee Katang: Cantonese styled wild rice cooked with meat and vegetables served with an oyster sauce
Most travelers take a Cambodian tour for the sprawling ruins of Angkor Wat. Hidden deep in the jungle, one walks through the towering, intricate stonework and to find the crumbling temples of Angkor’s and its overgrown palaces. This tour is a sublime experience — well worth the trip itself.