Taste of Turkey with Cappadocia Tour visits the most-loved highlights. The main attractions are (Istanbul) Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar and (Cappadocia) Red Valley with its numerous caves houses connected by tunnels. Underground City and Cavusin Village with its labyrinth of rock houses scattered into rock formations
No long travel journeys as we included domestic flights to and from Cappadocia
Don’t miss this short vacation in Turkey.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Istanbul. Transfer to your hotel|
|Day 2||Full Day Istanbul city tour|
|Day 3||Bosphorus cruise and flight to Cappadocia|
|Day 4||Red Valley-Cavusin Village-Underground cities|
|Day 5||Return flight to Istanbul. End of tour|
> Domestic return flights between Istanbul and Cappadocia (subject to change)
> Discover the amazing city of Istanbul on a full day guided tour
> In Cappadocia explore the lunar landscapes and underground cities,
Istanbul – Arrival Day
- Meet at Istanbul airport for transfer to your hotel.
- You will be given your room key and the rest of the day is yours to explore Istanbul at your leisure
Istanbul City Tour (B-L)
- Pick up around 08:00 am from your hotel for a day tour of old Istanbul city.
- Travel to the Sultanahmet district, the oldest and most historic part of the city.
- The first stop of the day will be the Hagia Sophia. Our tour guide will explain the significance of this massive building that was once a Christian church, then a mosque, and now a museum.
- Drive past the Hippodrome of Constantinople, where we will see the impressive obelisk, before reaching the Blue Mosque.
- Be sure to take pictures of both the interior and exterior of this impressive building.
- Continue to the Grand Bazaar, a massive, bustling complex housing clothing, decorative furnishings, food, and so much more.
- On the way to the bazaar, see other historical monuments such as the Tomb of Sultan Ahmet I, the Firuz Aga Mosque, and the exterior of the Tomb of Mehmed II.
- After our visit to the Grand Bazaar, we stop for lunch.
- In the afternoon, visit the Topkapi Palace, the primary residence of the Ottoman sultans for nearly 400 years.
- Before returning to our hotel stop Little Hagia Sophia
Istanbul Bosphorus Cruise and Flight to Cappadocia (B-D)
- After breakfast depart for Bosphorus Cruise tour.
- Enjoy a magical Istanbul Bosphorus Boat Cruise and Spice Market Tour starting at 08:30.
- Bosphorus by Boat; is a traditional excursion by boat along the waterway separating Europe and Asia.
- After the tour transfer to the Airport for our domestic flight to Cappadocia (Flight time 1h25)
- You are met on arrival for transfer to your hotel
- Overnight in Cappadocia.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic airfares (subject to change)
- Accommodation in selected hotels in double/twin sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Turkey visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 15 March and 31 OCT 19
Contact us for any other date of travel required
Best time to go
The best times to visit Turkey’s archaeological sites and cities are in spring (Apr-May) and autumn (Sep-Oct) as the temperature is warm, but not too hot.
High summer (Jun-Aug) can be hot: best time for beach holidays. Winters can be cold and many hotels though city breaks are still an option. Turkey does offer ski options during the winter months
Turkey food & drink
Turkish food is varied and delicious. It’s often meze style – lots of small dishes to sample, including aubergine dips, calamari, borek (stuffed pastries), mashed broad beans and stuffed vine leaves – plenty of options for vegetarians, too. Local food involves a lot of meat, often in kebab form – the smell of charcoal-grilled beef, lamb and chicken permeates Turkey.
A Turkish menu includes wonderful bread, super-sweet baklava (pistachio and syrup pastry) and salty white cheeses. Despite being a Muslim country, alcohol is easy to find in Turkey, especially in the touristy coastal regions. Efes is the Turkish beer of choice. Raki, grape spirit, is potent.
Turkish coffee is pitch black, very strong and often sweet. Tea is widely drunk and served black
Culture and Language
Turkish is the official language, however, English, French and German is widely spoken in all major cities and tourist areas. Shaking hands is the common form of greetings. Hospitability is a top priority. Pointing fingers at a person a considered rude. Declining an offer is done by putting your hand over your heart. Observe dress code when visiting Islamic sites
Train travel is a very popular mode of transport between the major cities. It may be slow but can sometimes offer you some inspiring scenic moments. Coach travel is the most used way of getting around Turkey. Bus routes are relatively cheap and are most comfortable. Just about any city is connected by coach. On certain upmarket coaches, extra legroom and Wi-Fi is offered. If your journey is more than 5 hrs, a 30-minute stop is made about every three hours. Taking a taxi is by far the most convenient way of travel in major cities, but not always the quickest way. Taxis can easily be hailed on the street. Important: only take the official bright yellow taxis. If they do not have a meter, then it is a no go
The basic rule is tip 5-10% in restaurants, cafes, and bars. Hotel staff do however expect a tip between 5 and 20 Turkish Lira. Do not tip taxi drivers but round up the fare. Tour Guides do not depend on tips, however, if a tour has really gone beyond what your expected, a tip of between 20 and 30 Tl will be greatly appreciated
Take a short break in Istanbul and Cappadocia, Turkey.
Discover the amazing city of Istanbul and explore the lunar landscape of Cappadocia. Don’t miss this short vacation in Turkey.
The fairytale destination of Cappadocia is located in the vast Anatolian plains. This destination is known for its impressive natural beauty and unique topography, as well as its expansive history, breathtaking panoramic views and numerous outdoor activities.