Your Ionian Greece experience will take you from the capital to two different Islands scattered along the western coastline of Central Greece
While it may not be as popular as some of its counterparts in the Aegean, the is brimming with charm and stunning beaches
Zakynthos is a beautiful island packed with so many things to do. Windsurfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, or simply sunbathing. Go on an adventure and discover the Blue Caves, a sight not to be missed. For a perfect sunbathing session, make sure you go to the Shipwreck Beach, probably one of the most iconic sights of Zakynthos, and possibly Greece.
At a glance
|Athens||3 Nights at the Pan Hotel or similar|
|Zakynthos||4 Nights at the Agrilia Hotel or similar|
|Kefalonia||4 Nights at the Asteris Hotel or similar|
|Accommodation||Standard double room|
|Transfers||All relevant Airport and Port transfers|
|Ferry||Ferry crossing between Zakynthos and Kefalonia|
|Other||Domestic flights: Athens-Zakynthos and Kefalonia-Athens|
Athens Top attractions:
Visit the Acropolis, see the changing of the Guards and have lunch in an authentic Greek Taverna
Zakynthos Top Attractions
Explore the Blue Caves, spend some time at the Aristeon Olive Press and Museum, and walk along the Strata Marina - the Islands most frequented part dotted with numerous cafes, bars and restaurants
Kefalonia Top Attractions
The island is known for its amazing beaches, surrounded by tall, lush green hills bordered by exceptional blue waters. Take time out to see the islands picturesque villages such as Agia Efimia, Assos and Sami
- Welcome to Greece, a land of culture, sun and magnificent Islands
- Meet with our representative for transfer to your hotel
- After a leisure breakfast, explore this incredibly historical city. Must see are; the Acropolis, Ancient Agora, the change of guards, and buy some local items from Monastiraki, a market in the old town of Athens
Athens - Zakynthos (B)
- Transfer is booked to take you the Airport for onward flight
- You are met on arrival and taken to your hotel
- Return flights on Emirates from Johannesburg (Specific and limits Seats)
- Domestic flights Athens to Zakynthos and Kefalonia to Athens
- 10 Nights accommodation in standard double room
- Meals: As mentioned
- All relevant transfers and ferries
- Increases in airfares and departure taxes
- Optional tours
- Visa fee
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Rates valid for travel during September 2019
- Seasonal weekend and events supplement may be applicable
Contact us for any other travel date required
Food and Drinks
Greek cuisine is mainly made up of olive oil, vegetables, herbs, grain and bread. Fish and various meats and poultry are on all main menus. Cheese, Aubergines, and Yogurt will always be part of a meal
Some specialties are:
Moussaka (aubergine casserole with minced lamb, cinnamon, red wine and olive oil).
Calamari (deep-fried rings of squid or octopus).
Souvlaki (spit-roasted meat, generally pork or chicken).
Stifado (a rich beef stew with caramelized onions, cinnamon and cloves).
Kokkinisto (a rich stew of either beef, pork or chicken cooked with red wine and tomatoes).
Horiatiki (Greek salad: feta cheese, tomato, cucumber, green peppers, black Kalamata olives and fresh olive oil).
Greece is a Schengen state Member and Visa's are required when traveling on a SA Passport
Mastercard and Visa are widely accepted as a form of payment. However, some restaurant may only accept cash. Check before you order your meal.