Portugal is by far one of Europe’s best travel destination. It has beaches, castles, towers and remarkable cities
Your 12 Day Portugal Self Drive tour starts in Lisbon. Once you have seen the main sites, take a drive to Cascais, a charming seaside resort. Your journey continues inland to Evora. Travel north to Obidos and Coimbra before arriving in Porto. A well-planned self-drive tour to Portugal hidden and mystical sites.
At a glance
|Lisbon||2 Nights at the Dom Carlos Park Hotel or similar|
|Evora||2 Nights at the Noble House Hotel or similar|
|Obidos||2 Nights at the Louro Hotel or similar|
|Coimbra||2 Nights at the Duecitania Design Hotel or similar|
|Porta||2 nights at the Legendary Porto Hotel or similar|
|Accommodation||Standard double room|
|Other||10 Day Car rental based on Opel Corsa or similar|
Evora – Located in central Portugal with so much charm and historical sites.
Obidos – A fishing port Wander the cobbled streets with its traditional painted houses. Taste the local Ginjinha
Coimbra – Located in Central Portugal and home to a well-preserved medieval old town and impressive Fado Music
Porto – A vibrant city on the Douro River. See the Ribeira district and spoil yourself in a traditional meal and a glass of Porto Wine
- Set out after breakfast to see more of this Roman-Moorish ancient city.
- Best way to see Evora is to walk through its maze of immaculate cobbled streets, lined with shops, hidden churches
Evora - Obidos (B)
- Leave Evora after breakfast and make your way to Obidos
- The town is completed encircled by ancient walls
- After breakfast, make your way to the Rua Direita Street. It is a bustling area filled with handicraft stalls and restaurants. Take a moment to taste the deliciously sweet cherry liqueur, called Ginjinha d'Obodos.
- Return flights from Johannesburg on Emirates Airlines (Specific and Limited Seats)
- 10 Day Car Rental (Opel Corsa) or similar
- 10 Nights accommodation at selected hotels
- Meals as mentioned
- Increases in airfares and departure/fuel taxes
- Optional tours
- Visa fee
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Car Rental Fuel and Excess deposists
- Valid for travel during September 2019
- Seasonal, Weekend, Events and School holiday Supplements may be applicable
Contact us for any other travel date require
Best time to Travel
There can be quite a difference in temperature between the coast and inland as well as the North vs the South.
In general July and August are very very busy with European tourists as well as locals on holidays
September is an ideal month to see Portugal. Temperatures have dropped slightly but still very pleasant to enjoy a perfect holiday
Driving in Portugal
Driving in Portugal is actually quite easy. There are a lot of motorways in good quality
Road signs are clear
Just be careful with the Tolls in the South where you cannot pay cash