Mesmerizing Marrakech Holiday is stepping back into a city that has a 1000-year-old Imperial fantasy world. To make your stay in Marrakech, accommodation is booked in a typical Riad, a traditional house built around a courtyard and converted into a hotel. Riad Cannelle, located in the heart of the Medina is fitted out in traditional Moroccan style. Discover the city’s architecture, its history and its culture, melt into the teeming of the life of the Souks. After immersing yourself in this wonderful lively city, return to your riad; a quiet oasis where you can relax and enjoy personal service. Your vacation package includes a historical tour of Marrakech and Dinner and Fantasia Show at Chez Ali. Your evening begins with a beautiful horsemen parade, followed by an acrobatic group, songs, and dance by traditional Moroccan artists. You are also taken out on an adventure. Join a 4 x 4 Atlas Mountain tour with a visit to a local Berber Village
At a glance
|Marrakech||5 Nights at the Riad Cannelle or similar|
|Accommodation||Standard double room sharing|
|Meals||Meals as per itinerary|
|Other||Return Airport transfers|
|Dinner and Fantasia Show|
|Historical Tour of Marrakech (Seat in Coach)|
|4 x 4 Excursion to the Atlas Mountains and Berber Villages|
Morocco Travel tips:
Souks/ Medina: Only visit Souks and medina during the day
Currency: Always spend the remaining of your Dirhams before returning to the Airport. No Local currency can be taken out of the country. Unless you purchase items in a Mall or take your meals in an upmarket restaurant, Cash is king, and not your Credit Card.
Dress code: Do not wear revealing clothing. It will attract unpleasant attention to yourself.
Shopping: Learn to haggle. Starting prices are inflated and decide a price you would be happy with. The haggling can then start till you happy to purchase the item of your dreams
Getting around: Stay alert when navigating the streets. People, bikes, donkey Carts and sellers can overwhelm you. Always keep your wits. Caleche or horse-drawn carriages are a popular form of transportation. Prices are set for common routes. Most of the town has narrow streets, so walking will be the only way to explore the city
- Touch down at Marrakech Airport. Clear customs and meet with our representative for transfer to your Riad
- Check-in and remainder of the day will be at leisure
Marrakech Historical Tour (B)
- Pick up from your hotel between 08:15 and 08:30. The tour begins with a trip to the majestic, sand-colored Koutoubia Mosque, which towers over the Marrakech skyline with its minaret tower measuring 77m. The largest of its kind in the city, the mosque attracts pilgrims from all over the world with its curved windows, impressive decorative arches and lush gardens.
- Proceed to the Bahia Palace, built in the late 19th century and intended to be the greatest palace of its time. Featuring an impressive array of mosaics, courtyards and gardens, the palace perfectly captures the traditional Islamic architecture of its period.
- Discover the exquisite Saadian tombs, which lay untouched from the sixteenth century until their discovery in 1917. Each tomb intricately decorated, the mausoleum contains the remains of around sixty members of the famous Saadi dynasty that ruled Morocco for over a century.
- Finally, take in the fascinating Tiskiwin Museum and browse the stunning collection of North African craftsmanship housed within. Exhibiting jewelry, basket work, textiles and much more, the museum is a must see on a trip to Marrakech and the Hispanic-Moorish building itself is an architectural jewel of the twentieth century.
Marrakech Dinner and Fantasia Show (B-D)
- After breakfast, take some time to explore the Medina
- Be ready to be picked up from your hotel just before 8:00 pm
- Prepare to be dazzled by a spectacular and unforgettable night, showcasing all of Morocco’s rich culture and folklore under the stars; this is not one to be missed.
- Discover Morocco’s rich culinary heritage as the evening commences with a majestic feast including soup, couscous and various meats, fruits and pastas. Whilst you dine you will be serenaded by a chorus of local girls and boys, who will wear traditional dresses and be accompanied by typical live Moroccan music.
- Located right in the heart of Marrakech’s ancient palm grove, you will shelter under giant caidal tents and take your seat on a comfortable traditional cushion to witness the spectacle that is about to unfold. Including a veritable feast of local specialties and featuring performances from horseback riders to belly dancers, singing children to the famous Fantasia, this show is sure to leave you gasping in amazement.
- Once you have eaten your fill and the plates are cleared away the night’s eye-catching entertainment will begin as elegant belly dancers follow caravans and horseback riders performing feats of great skill. Next, the famous Fantasia will emerge, acrobats on Arabian horses will expertly fire their rifles and demonstrate traditional forms of Arabian combat. Creating memories to last a lifetime, this show will captivate the whole audience from start to finish.
- Return airfares from Johannesburg on Qatar Airways (Specific and Limited Seats)
- Departure and Fuel taxes (subject to change)
- 05 Nights Accommodation at selected hotels in standard double rooms
- Meals as per itinerary
- Return transfers Airport - Hotel - Airport
- Three tours ( as per itinerary)
- Increases in airfares and departure/fuel taxes
- Optional tours
- Visa fee
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Valid for travel during August 2019
- Seasonal, Weekend, Events and School holiday Supplements may be applicable
Contact us for any other travel date required