The Maldives Sun Island Resort & Spa is located on Nalaguraidhoo Island in the South Ari Atoll, 107 kilometers south of the Malé International Airport. It is the biggest resort in the Maldives and its scale comes with an unmatchable array of facilities along with very high value for costs.
Escape to an exotic world of breathtaking possibility, where adventure and relaxation are equally within reach. At Sun Island Resort & Spa – a flowering jewel among Maldives family hotels – every moment is free to shape into your personal version of paradise.
At a glance
|Maldives||7 Nights at the Sun Island Resort|
|Accommodation||Superior Beach Bungalow|
|Other||Return Domestic flight and Boat Transfer|
Whether you are a certified scuba diver or not, diving in the Maldives is not an opportunity to miss. Sun Island’s priceless location allows divers a very high chance of encountering whale sharks and manta rays as well as a variety of other marine life, big and small. Direct access to house reef allows to go for dives at flexible times and is a great training area for beginners. Full range of PADI scuba diving courses is available. The center also organizes snorkeling trips which means there really is something for everyone!
Are you ready to explore the surrounding areas of our island? Hop on a boat and explore beautiful, uninhabited islands and local villages. Fancy seeing your first pod of Dolphins. We’ve got you covered. Sun Island Resort is the closest resort to the most popular whale shark point in the Maldives arranging snorkeling as well as diving trips to visit the place whale sharks call their home. Don’t forget to bring your adventurer spirit with you!
Is sailing your idea of fun? Or maybe you’ve never tried it before? Either way, Sun Island Resort is the perfect location to catch the breeze. Our gentle trade winds mean the conditions are great for beginners and enthusiasts. There’s no greater feeling than being out at sea, cruising along our sapphire lagoons with the wind blowing through your hair, we promise.
Are you in the mood to explore what lies beyond our pristine beaches, below the turquoise lagoons? Glide through the different shades of blue over our precious reefs, exploring various types of colorful corals and other marine life. At Sun Island Resort, you’re never far from it. Hop on to our excursion boat, we will provide your snorkeling gear and guide you through the best snorkeling spots. Don’t forget your underwater camera or you can rent one from us!
Arrive Male - onwards to Sun Island Resort (D)
- Arrive at Male Airport and clear customs
- A Seaplane transfer will take you to Sun Island Resort
- On arrival, you are met for check-in at your Superior Beach Bungalow
Sun Island Resort (All Inclusive)
- After breakfast, explore the Resorts tropical gardens and lose yourself in an endless walk along one of the longest uninterrupted beach shorelines of all islands in the Maldives
Sun Island Resort (All Inclusive)
- Are you ready for sailing adventure?
- Sailing a dinghy can be fun and exhilarating. Sail across our beautiful lagoon, it will be a breathtaking experience. A dinghy is a small sailing boat and great way of getting into sailing.
- Calm and safe lagoon, fresh air and a soft sun will make your sailing unforgettable.
- You may see various seabirds, fishes and other marine animals during your sail.
- Return airfares from Johannesburg on Emirates Airlines (Specific and Limited Seats)
- Departure and Fuel taxes (subject to change)
- 07Nights Accommodation at the Sun Island Resort
- Return Domestic flight transfers Airport - Resort- Airport
- Increases in airfares and departure/fuel taxes
- Optional tours and activities
- Visa fee
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Increases in airfares, departure & Fuel taxes
- Seasonal and/or event/weekend supplements may be applicable
- Valid for travel between 01 September and 31 October 2019
- Seasonal, Weekend, Events and School holiday Supplements may be applicable
Contact us for any other travel date required
Superior Beach Bungalow
Located on beachfront, separated off by lush greeneries. Spanning 26 square meters and elegantly furnished bungalows offer the convenience of en-suite bath and shower facilities. Enjoy satellite television and private veranda set directly along our pristine shoreline. Check yourself into our Bungalow and experience life as it’s meant to be lived.
Maldives Travel tips:
Currency: Local currency is Maldivian Rufiyaa. It is best to bring US Dollars. Credit Cards are also accepted in your Resort
Visa: Maldives grants its visitors a 30-day free visa on arrival.
Snorkeling: Bring your fins and mask if you own one from home.
Stay Sun protected: A must to pack is sunscreen and lots of it, and if possible, purchase a Reef safe sunscreen