The Europe Rail and Stay tour will take you to France's and Italy's most loved cities. Nice, Milan and Venice will enthrall you with attractions, culture and food options to make it a perfect European Holiday.
We have all heard about this magical city on the French Riviera. Its best-known attraction is the Promenade des Anglais; a 7 km walkway providing uninterrupted views of the azure sea and palm trees. It was named after the English aristocracy who descended on Nice to enjoy the warm climate. Continue your discovery into the Old Town. This historic part is full of Restaurant pubs and the city’s main markets. Just go and let yourself be carried away by the past, still present in the future. Step into one of the many fish restaurants and enjoy a most delicious fresh fish meal, prepared the “French Way”
Milan is a diverse and fast-paced city celebrated for its fashion from clothes to handbags and so much more. Here you will find the world-renowned La Scala Opera House and Leonardo da Vinci’s famous The Last Supper
Visit the Grand Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, a breathtaking indoor shopping mall
See the Leonardo da Vinci National Museum of Science and Technology
Explore the Piazza del Duomo, a public square featuring some impressive architecture and sculptures.
Enjoy a 3-day stay in the city of brides, with the Rialto bridge over the Grand Canal being the most famous. Make your way to the Piazza San Marco and take time to visit Saint Mark Basilica. Continue to the Doge Palace (next to Saint Marks Basilica). It may be a good idea to purchase a Venezia Unica City Pass, an all-in-one pass that can be used for transportation on waterbuses, admission to museums, churches and much more.
One cannot leave this beautiful city without having taken a Gondola ride allowing you to observe the hidden and unreachable corners of the city. Should you have some change left, make your way to the Restaurant Terrazza Danieli. Perched on the rooftop of the Hotel, is Venice’s most magical location to enjoy a meal combined with the finest view of the city and its canals.
At a glance
|Nice||3 Nights at the Ibis Styles Nice Centre Gare or similar|
|Milan||2 Nights at the Canada Hotel or similar|
|Venice||2 Nights at the Hotel do Pozzi or similar|
|Other||2nd Class rail ticket Nice-Milan-Venice|
Walk up to the Nice Castle Hill on foot passing the Bellanda Tower and descend through the castle cemetery offering beautiful views of the city especially during sunset
You can go on a half-day tour to Monaco
Book a “Free Walking Tour of Nice (compulsory) starting at 10h55 at the Massena Square Fountain
Explore the best markets and shopping in Nice! A dream for any sort of shopper and stumble across some fantastic shopping
Make your way to the Piazza del Duomo, a truly architectural wonder
Milan is the world’s fashion city. Without breaking the bank go to Highline Outlet (Behind the Duomo) where you will find a lot of brands at discounted prices
Buy a 48-hour Milan Pass and get entry into 8 of the city’s best attractions
- Land at Nice Airport. Your holiday has started.
- Clear customs and make your way to your hotel
- Once checked-in, you would take a walk (+- 10Min) to the Promenade des Anglais
- After breakfast, climb to the Castle for stunning views across the bay
- End your day with a delicious dinner, starting with a typical Salade Nicoise followed by a bouillabaisse ( a rich and spicy soup made with various kinds of fish)
- Breakfast at your hotel.
- Walk over to the station and purchase a ticket taking you to Monaco (22min)
- Take a walk to the famous Casino of Monte Carlo and the Casino square. Afterwards make your way to the Old Town with its labyrinth of charming little alleyways dating back to the Middle Ages
- Return to your hotel in Nice
- Return Flights from Jo'burg on Alitalia Airlines (Specific & Limited Seats)
- Accommodation as mentioned
- Meals as mentioned
- 2nd Class Rail travel as mentioned
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel Insurance
- Visa fees
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Seasonal, Weekend, Events and School Holidays supplements may be applicable
- Increases in airfares, departure & Fuel taxes
- Valid for travel between 01 and 30 November 2019
- Contact us for alternative Travel dates