Oh to go to the Maldives once in a lifetime!
It is known as “Paradise on earth”. The astonishing islets are just pure beauty and surrounded by turquoise blue waters. Slowly prestigious hotel chains started to build exquisite Resorts and became soon THE DESTINATION OF NOTE for celebrities and millionaires.
It expanded further to accommodate Couples, families and Honeymooners. The Maldives is, of course, the best Honeymoon Destination in the world. Maldives’s climate never gets too hot or too cold. There may be some rain or a breeze now and then, but the sun is its visitors best friend. The underwater beauty is unrivaled here. One can just spend hours exploring the vibrant marine life and colorful coral reefs.
At a glance
|Maldives||7 Nights at the Spectacular VAKARUFALHI ISLAND RESORT|
|Other||Return Seaplane transfers|
Maldives Travel tips:
Currency: Local currency is Maldivian Rufiyaa. It is best to bring US Dollars. Credit Cards are also accepted in your Resort
Visa: the Maldives grants its visitors a 30-day free visa on arrival.
Snorkeling: Bring your fins and mask if you own one from home. The Resort has them available but at charge
Stay Sun protected: A must to be packed is sunscreen and lots of it. Put it on your to pack list, and if possible purchase a reef safe sunscreen.
Arrive Male - onwards to Vakarufalhi (D)
- Arrive at Male Airport and clear customs
- A Seaplane transfer will take you to Vakarufalhi Resort
- On arrival, you are met for check-in at your Beach Villa
Vakarufalhi Island Resort (All Inclusive)
- Imagine waking up to the sound of the waves crashing against the shoreline and the palm trees swaying with the wind. The Beach Villas allow you to appreciate the natural beauty of the Maldives at every available moment. Each is in a garden atmosphere facing the beach, the perfect starting point for exploring the wonders of the island. The surrounding lagoon and direct beach access makes it easy to fall in love with this idyllic retreat.
- Day free at the Resort
Vakarufalhi Island Resort (All Inclusive)
- Besides enjoying a leisurely day at the Resort, you won’t have to miss your workout routine when you stay with us. Vakarufalhi Maldives features a gym, fitted with the latest isometrics and cardio equipment
- Return airfares from Johannesburg on Emirates Airlines (Specific and Limited Seats)
- Departure and Fuel taxes (subject to change)
- 07Nights Accommodation at the Vakarufahli Island Resort
- All Inclusive
- Return Seaplane transfers Airport - Resort- Airport
- Increases in airfares and departure/fuel taxes
- Optional tours
- Visa fee
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- Valid for travel till 30 October 2019
- Seasonal, Weekend, Events and School holiday Supplements may be applicable
Contact us for any other travel date required
The atolls of the Maldives are formed from coral structures. The atolls are part of a greater structure known as the Laccadives-Chagos Ridge, which stretches over 2000 kilometres. The Maldives islands are low lying with the highest point at approximately eight feet above sea level. Ring-shaped reef structures form the atolls and these reefs provide the natural defense against wind and wave action on these delicate islands.
Located at the crossways of the Indian Ocean shipping lanes on the main seaway around the Indian subcontinent, the Maldives has long been a meeting point for African, Arab, Malay and Indonesian mariners.
Throughout the centuries these influences have shaped the Maldivian way of life. This can be seen from the many facets of Maldivian lifestyle such as dining, music, art and craft.
Protected Dive Sites
15 important marine dive sites were established as marine protected areas in 1996, registered in the Ministry of Planning Human Resources and Environment and managed by the Ministry of Tourism. In 1999 additional 10 dive sites were declared as protected areas established in the Ministry of Home Affairs Housing and Environment. Anchoring and fishing except for traditional bait-fishing and destructive activities are strictly prohibited in these sites.
Alcohol cannot be imported without an official license. You can buy alcoholic drinks in all major hotels and island resorts
Officially tipping is prohibited. Unofficially, many guests give a small sum to their room-cleaner and waiter. In the local tea-shops and guesthouses, shukriyyaa, thank you, is enough.