Vietnam Discovery Tour 21-days tour is a once in a lifetime opportunity getting to know the country that has such staggering beauty; yet not forgetting its past. Starting in the North and slowly making your way to the South. You will do a gentle bike tour, visiting ancient cities, cultural & natural heritage sites. Staying on beautiful beaches, gliding across emerald waters on board a cruise boat, visit caves with numerous stalactites. Travel overnight on a train, trekking to islands, crawling through tunnels and exploring the Mekong Delta. An Amazing adventure awaits you.
Vietnam is one of the most beautiful countries in the world and one of the most exciting tourist destination. From the chaotic vibrancy of Saigon and Hanoi to the peace and tranquillity of Halong Bay. The serene, scenic harmony of Sapa to the astonishing Mekong Delta will enthrall and delight you. The cuisine and cultural history coupled with its amazing people will keep you coming back for more.
The chaotic streets of Hanoi with motorbikes piled high and people everywhere are all part of the Vietnamese experience. Enjoy the atmosphere, explore the streets, or chill out with a cup of coffee in a rooftop café.
With its Citadel and Forbidden Purple City, Hue is ideal for those who enjoy history. This is a place full of Imperial Vietnamese sights. Why not sail down the Perfume River on a dragon boat and enjoy the scenery from the water.
If you like shopping, you will love Hoi An. This town is full of tailors and shoemakers as well as many different crafts for sale. Explore the old town, get a suit made to measure, and enjoy browsing the many shops and stalls in Hoi An.
The beaches at Nha Trang are the perfect place to relax after touring Vietnam. Enjoy snorkeling and scuba diving or simply relaxing on the sandy shoreline.
Ha Long Bay
Halong Bay with its karst towers and misty early morning appearance are unforgettable. This is one of the most photographed coastal scenes in Vietnam and is a must-see on any visit to the country.
Ho Chi Ming
Many people still call this city Saigon. Today it is full of markets, skyscrapers, temples, and is a good way to mix old and traditional with the new in Vietnam.
Vietnam has many ethnic groups, many of whom are in the north of the country. At Sapa, trekking into the hills with an overnight stay is the best way to see these people. From the Black Hmong to the Zay and the Blue, the encounters are a real highlight of Vietnam.
Life on the Mekong is fascinating with floating markets, islands and rice paddies and also home to many locals. Taking a boat trip to an island and watch the world go by is a wonderful way to watch life in the Delta
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Hanoi. Transfer to your hotel|
|Day 2||Hanoi city tour. Water Puppet Show|
|Day 3||Dong Ngac Cultural Village. Sleeper train to Lao Cai|
|Day 4||Travel up the impressive mountains to Sapa|
|Day 5||Visit Lao Chai village & overnight train to Hanoi|
|Day 6||Drive through the Red River Delta to Ha Long Bay|
|Day 7||Return to Hanoi & Flight to Hue|
|Day 8||Hue City tour & cruise down the Perfume River|
|Day 9||Set out on a spectacular drive to Hoi An|
|Day 10||Hoi An Free & Easy|
|Day 11||Explore Hoi An and a Cooking Class experience|
|Day 12||Short flight to Nha Trang|
|Day 13||Beach time in Nha Trang|
|Day 14||Beach time in Nha Trang|
|Day 15||Beach time in Nha Trang|
|Day 16||Flight to Saigon|
|Day 17||Saigon City tour|
|Day 18||Cu Chi Tunnels – Cao Dai Temple tour|
|Day 19||Visit Can Be. Arrive at Tan Phong Island|
|Day 20||Cycle & walking tour. Return to Saigon|
|Day 21||Last Day in Vietnam. Transfer to Saigon Airport|
> Discover Vietnam with your private guide in each city
> Be mesmerized by the Water Puppet Show in Hanoi
> Bike around the village of Dong Ngac and try your hand in a local cooking demonstration
> Board an overnight train to Lao Cai, a relaxed way of travel to Sapa
> See the amazing shaped mountains whilst cruise on Ha Long Bay
> Board a dragon boat in Hue and cruise on the Perfume River
> Climb the multiple stairs at the Marble Mountains for a most incredible view
> For those who have green fingers, join the local farmer in Hoi An
> Take a few days to rest on the beautiful beaches of Nha Trang
> You are now ready to walk the underground tunnels of Cu Chi in Saigon
> Cruise the Mekong River and visit its many floating markets
> Spend one night at the Mekong Ecolodge on Tan Phong Island
Lao Cai – Sapa (B)
- We arrive in Lao Cai around 5 am and are met by our representative for a spectacular hours journey up the impressive mountains to Sapa.
- Seeing is believing! The imagination could not visualize; nor appreciate the beauty of the stunning vistas and breathtaking mountainous rice terraces until you observe in true form.
- Upon arrival in Sapa; we check into the hotel for a little rest and relaxation before our exploration this afternoon.
- In the early afternoon, we commence our trek downhill from Sapa town to Cat Cat Village. Our 2-hour walk takes us through rice paddies passing by different ethnic minority villages hard at work and flower and vegetable gardens until we reach a magnificent waterfall set within the lush mountains.
- After a short rest continue to Cat Cat village where the village is eagerly awaiting our arrival. With the children’s glee and excitement and a village full of big smiling faces; we are welcomed by a local Black Hmong people.
- Stroll around the village; learning about the traditional way of life of the Black Hmong. Observe the fascinating demonstration of traditional fiber processing including; weaving; dying hemp cloth; peeling bark from the dried hemp stalks; tying stripped bark ribbons to form bundles and with the locals strongly encouraging us to try our hand in perfect their art; they certainly get a lot of laughs watching us!
- We say goodbye to the village and drive back to Sapa.
- Overnight at your hotel in Sapa.
Sapa Villages – Lao Cai train station – Hanoi Overnight Train (B)
- After an energizing and hearty breakfast; we are picked up by our vehicle and transferred to Lao Chai village.
- We start our trek at the village and continue down the valley; along trails and across rice paddies to visit the Dzay ethnic minorities and Black Hmong communities living within a different environment.
- The interaction and closeness we experience with the local minority groups is an unforgettable experience.
- We return to Sapa for some free time before our transfer to Lao Cai for overnight train to Hanoi.
- Overnight on board the train to Hanoi.
Hanoi – Ha Long (B/L/D)
- We arrive in Hanoi around 6 am and head to town for breakfast.
- Once freshening e meet our vehicle for our journey to Ha Long Bay.
- Ha Long Bay is one of the most enchanting and memorable experiences in Vietnam. The postcard pictures you so often see of Ha Long Bay; will become a memory to last a lifetime.
- We leave the city behind and drive through the Red River Delta to Ha Long Bay; taking around 3.5 hours. The beautiful countryside that awaits your imagination; takes us through local farming life and villages; providing us plenty of opportunities to stop and capture some spectacular photographs. Be sure to keep an eye out for the amazing things the locals load onto their motorbikes!!
- En route; we make a stop at one of our favorite organizations in Vietnam. Hong Ngoc Humanities centre in Sao Do Town.
- This wonderful establishment has been set up to provide skill and employment to people from small villages throughout the north of Vietnam; creating jobs and providing accommodation to disadvantaged people.
- You have the opportunity to purchase some exquisite local handicrafts and wares or just watch and admire the amazing and intricate workmanship involved in the production.
- Arriving in Ha Long Bay; we board our boat and enjoy a spectacular seafood lunch as we sail off into Dragon Bay; gazing at the breathtaking karst formations within the bay.
- After lunch, it is time relax and admire the beauty of the Bay as we cruise through hundreds of formations.
- Throughout the day; you will have the opportunity to disembark the boat and explore Sung Sot cave; where karsts were formed millions of years ago.
- For beach lovers and swimmers; we stop at one of the sandy beaches for swimming or just relaxing.
- We continue cruising the bay until the late afternoon; before setting anchor for the night.
- Once anchored; there’s plenty of time for a swim or just relaxing on deck and to admire the scenery before settling into another scrumptious meal.
- After dinner; why not head to the top deck and enjoy a drink whilst taking in the peaceful ambiance and gaze at the millions of stars.
- Overnight on board the cruise boat in Ha Long Bay.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic Airfares (subject to conditions)
- 20 Nights’ Accommodation in double/twin room at selected hotels
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Vietnam Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY to 30 SEP 2019
Contact us for any other date of travel required
Best time to travel to Vietnam
A good time to travel to Vietnam is spring (February to April and again in Autumn (August to October)
Overall, Vietnam enjoys a mild tropical or subtropical climate and aside from a few months a year in the high northern region you'll never need to worry about packing cold-weather gear.
But do bring an umbrella, especially if visiting from July to November, Vietnam's stormiest months.
Vietnam Culture and Greetings
When interacting with a Vietnamese, be sensitive to Vietnam’s history. The person you may talk to may have experienced the struggles of the Vietnam War. Thirty years on many Vietnamese still have physical and mental health problems from the war. Approach any topic regarding this with sensitivity and sympathy.
Objects should be passed, given or received with both hands together. Vietnamese people are generally punctual and expect the same standard from others. The Vietnamese are accustomed to shaking hands. Some Vietnamese might use two hands to shake by resting the left hand on top of the grasp with the other person's hand. Bowing the head while shaking hands indicates respect
Drinks & Food
Vietnamese food is always served fresh and flavourful. You will find lost of fish dishes, cooked with fresh herbs and vegetables. Local cuisine is healthy and light
Discover your environment
Driving is on the right-hand side of the road. Taxis are plentiful and can be flagged down on the street. Make sure the taxi has a meter set before starting your journey. Hiring a bike (Wearing a helmet is a must) for the day is popular and is still Vietnam’s most popular transportation mode, together with motorbikes. Express long-distance trains will take you comfortably between cities
Tipping is very customary, especially in the most important tourist areas. It is appreciated y the receiver as salaries are on the low side and tipping makes up a sizeable side to monthly earning
Local interesting meals:
Drinking an egg-coffee is a must
Pho: Noodle soup usually with meat
Nem: Spring rolls with pork, noodles, egg and mushroom wrapped in rice paper
Banh bao: Steamed dumplings stuffed with onions, pork and other ingredients
Banh MI: French baguette with pickled daikon and carrot, chilli, coriander, cucumber and various cold meats
Lau: Vietnamese hot pot
Bia hoi: Fresh beer produced daily and served cold in local bars and very refreshing (Low in alcohol)