South India is famous for its natural beauty and rich cultural heritage. Providing visitors with a stimulating experience. You will also visit some of the most beautiful and finest temples of Mahabalipuram and Madurai. Cross into Kerala where you will enjoy the lush tropical vegetation. Spend a night onboard a houseboat in Alleppey, a truly unforgettable experience. Cruise along narrow canals, enjoy outstanding meals and falling asleep on a floating boat is just unforgettable. Continue your journey to Cochin, once ruled by the Portuguese and Dutch settlers. Leave the green shores of Kerala and make your way to Mumbai. Here dreams and opportunities are made for many new arrivals in this seaport city. Take in the sites on a morning tour and spend the remainder of your time shopping.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Chennai. Transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||City tour of Chennai. Afternoon free|
|Day 3||Tour to Kanchipuram & Mahabalipuram|
|Day 4||Travel to Pondicherry with city tour|
|Day 5||See Chidambaram before arriving in Trichy|
|Day 6||Visit Tanjore and arrive in Madurai|
|Day 7||Morning tour of the beautiful Meenashki Temple|
|Day 8||Beach Temple tour in Kanyakumari. Arrive Kovalam|
|Day 9||Day free in Kovalam|
|Day 10||Onwards to Alleppey and board the houseboat|
|Day 11||Disembark the houseboat and travel to Cochin|
|Day 12||Morning tour of Cochin|
|Day 13||Cochin-Mumbai (Flight) and transfer to hotel|
|Day 14||Morning tour of Mumbai’s most important sites|
|Day 15||Depart Mumbai filled with happy memories|
> Daily departures from Chennai
> Transfers and intercity transportation is private and in AC vehicles
> Professional English speaking guides for all tours during your holiday
> Stay in Pondicherry, once a French settlement and its legacy is still preserved throughout the city
> Visit Madurai, dominated by its 14 colorful gateway towers
> Take some relaxing time in Kovalam, famous for its ayurvedic centers
> End your journey in Mumbai, India most exciting city
- You will be met by our representative who will assist you through immigration. Transfer to the hotel and check-in.
- Depart the hotel in the morning on a half a day tour of Chennai visiting its museum; the Art and Bronze Gallery. (Closed on Fridays and Public holidays).
- Drive through the Flower and Fruit market; High court; Fort museum; Marina Beach; San Thome Cathedral.
- Return to your hotel and remainder of the day is at your leisure.
Chennai – Kanchipuram – Mahabalipuram (B)
- Depart in the morning for Mahabalipuram visiting temples at Kanchipuram en-route. Kanchipuram the Golden city was one of the seven sacred cities of India and once had 1000 temples. now only 200 remain. It is also famed for its hand-woven cotton and Kanjivaram silk.
- On arrival check-in at the hotel. Mahabalipuram was the main port of the Pallava dynasty and has exquisite rock-cut monuments; monolithic structures and bas-reliefs. It is also a beach resort.
- Afternoon visit to the beach temple.
- Return to the hotel.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Sightseeing tours and intercity transfers as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 14 Nights’ Accommodation at selected hotels in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- India visa fee
- Entrance fees
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT 20 and 31 MAR 21
Seasonal supplements applicable for travel between 20 DEC 20 and 10 JAN 21
Contact us for any other date of travel required
South India is famous for its natural beauty and a rich cultural heritage. Providing visitors with a stimulating experience. You will also visit some of the most beautiful and finest temples of Mahabalipuram and Madurai. Cross into Kerala where you will enjoy the lush tropical vegetation. Kovalam’s natural beauty and relaxing atmosphere is just what you need. Book yourself an Ayurvedic Treatment or shop at one of the local street markets. Lighthouse Beach is recommended. Relax on a houseboat in Alleppey followed by a stay in Cochin. Mumbai awaits you before ending your tour.
The South has something for everyone. Discover a colonial port town. Stand in awe of majestic tea covered hills. Laze about on the backwaters. Explore rural villages and relax on one of Kerala’s world-famous beaches. Starting from Chennai, this 15-day tour takes guests through the best of Kerala, the Southern state. National Geographic Traveller has named Kerala one of the “50 places to see in a lifetime,” and one of the “ten paradises of the world.” You’ll see why when you visit this charming, friendly, and laid-back part of India.