The Red Sea Fables combines a city stay with an extended beach holiday. Explore Cairo before arriving in Sharm El Sheikh. See ancient Pyramids and Sphinx; discover the treasures at the Egyptian Museum; the long beaches and clear waters in Sharm El Sheikh. Walk along palm-tree promenade in Naama Bay filled with lively bars and restaurants.
There is so much to do in Sharm. Just soak up the sun or ask us to book some optional tours. Most popular are Desert Tour with BBQ, desert adventure in 4 x 4 or Quads.
Pack your goggles and take a relaxing boat trip to Ras Muhammad National Park and discover underwater life as never seen before
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Cairo Transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Pyramids & Sphinx, Egyptian Museum Tour|
|Day 3||Transfer to Airport for your flight to Sharm El Sheikh|
|Day 4||Sharm: at leisure|
|Day 5||Sharm: at leisure|
|Day 6||Sharm: at leisure|
|Day 7||Sharm: at leisure|
|Day 8||Sharm: at leisure|
|Day 9||Sharm: at leisure|
|Day 10||Transfer to Sharm Airport for return flight. End of tour|
> 2 Nights in Cairo with private tours to the Pyramids, Sphinx and Egyptian Museum
> 7 Nights in Sharm el-Sheikh including all meals
> Private transfers in Cairo and Sharm
> Daily departures
- Arrive at Cairo International Airport; where you will be met by our representative who will assist you through immigration. Transfer to the hotel; and check-in.
- In the Afternoon we head toward the impressive Pyramids at Giza; on the western outskirts of Cairo. Home to the Great Pyramids of Cheops; Chephren and Mycerinus and the timeless and enigmatic Sphinx; these great monuments to the afterlife defy the imagination. Only the throng of sightseers; Egyptian and foreign; milling around their huge foundations keep the viewer in the 21st century.
- We take a camel ride here too; the perfect opportunity to take a few classic photos.
- Back to your Hotel for dinner & overnight
- After Breakfast, visit the famous Egyptian Museum of Antiquity in the center of Cairo. The museum contains relics dating back to 4000 BC; including the fantastic riches of Tutankhamun's tomb.
- Here is the unique opportunity to survey the many fabulous treasures of Egypt in one place and really understand everything you have seen throughout this tour.
Cairo to Sharm El Sheikh (B-D)
- Today we get up early for breakfast at your Hotel in Cairo then drive to Cairo Airport for your flight to Sharm El Sheikh
- Arrive Sharm - Where you will be met by our representative who will assist you with your transfer to the hotel; and check-in
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Accommodation at selected hotels in a double/twin room sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Excursions with Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 APR to 30 SEP 2019
Contact us for any other date of travel required
Best Time to Travel:
October and April - but remember December and January are considered peak Season
However, tours are cheaper between May and September
A Visa is required when traveling on a South African Passport and must be obtained before departure
Gifts and Shopping
The Khan el Khalili Bazaar is a 500-year-old market and a great place to shop for printed fabrics. There is also a gold and silver market. City Stars mall is upmarket Mall and
The official currency is the Egyptian Pound
Only drink bottled water and use it for brushing your teeth. Always keep bottled water on hand during your tours
Also called "Backshees" will be requested from you from anyone who offers a service.
But do not despair, tipping can be prepaid before your departure
Local interesting meals:
Ful Mudamas: broad beans in sauce
Koshari: lentils, macaroni, rice and chickpeas
Mahshi: stuffed grapevine leaves
Fiteer Baladi: known as Egyptian pizza, fiteer is buttery and full of artery-clogging goodness
Falafel (Tameya): a deep-fried mixture of herbs and beans is a favorite, especially among vegetarians
Kofta: minced beef or lamb with spices, rolled onto a skewer and barbecued over coals
Upon your arrival in Cairo, your guide will introduce you to the history of the pyramids. You will have time to enter one of the pyramids (additional cost); however, your guide cannot escort your when ascending. A short drive across the plateau finds you standing at the feet of the enigmatic Sphinx. Visit the famous Egyptian Museum, housing 165,000 Egyptian artifacts, and the priceless treasures of King Tutankhamun, the highlight of the museum. His six gilded coffins dominate the main hall and his magnificent death mask is the star attraction. Continuing to Khan el Khalili bazaar, you will enjoy free time to stroll through the maze of streets and bargain for a souvenir of your trip.
Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheik, the city of peace, is your ticket to a universe of endless rewards. It fulfills all tastes. On the off chance that you are a nature lover or in search of a relaxing holiday then Sharm El Sheik is your ideal choice. Year round sunshine combined with a variety of attractions invites all explorers.
Downtown Sharm El Maya, bustling Naama Bay, and Sharks Bay are but a few its attractions. It is also an ideal base from which to explore the area's staggering coastline and rough inland. Dive, snorkel or just canoe in the waters of the Red Sea at Ras Um El Sid, Turtle Bay and the Strait of Tiran. Take a tour of the amazing Ras Mohamed National Park.
The astonishing mixed qualities of corals and marine species offer a beautiful experience through the complexities of the Red Sea. For the visitor wanting to appreciate marine life without having to dive or snorkeling; book a submarine or glass boat. For the brave visitor, mountain climbing will give you a thrill.
You can also take a camel trek into Bedouin towns, desert gardens, or the mangrove forests of Nabq. On the other hand, one can stay around the local area and indulge in an extraordinary culinary treat in one of its classy eateries.