Your Cambodia Honeymoon tour starts in Phnom Penh – the Paris of the East. The city is lined with riverside promenades and many beautiful palaces and retains some of its former charms. The adventurous part is spent in Koh Kong, a land of unspoiled virgin fortes and rare orchids intertwined by fragrant frangipani. Relax on the beaches of Koh Rong surrounded by beaches and undeveloped tropical islands. It is Cambodia’s premier seaside resort. Providing a comfortable and romantic atmosphere for a sweet honeymoon for newly married couples. End your tour with exploring the amazing sites in Siem Reap
At a glance
|Day 1||Arrive Phnom Penh. Transfer to your hotel. Cruise and private dinner|
|Day 2||Phnom Penh city tour|
|Day 3||Travel to Koh Kong for Ecolodge stay|
|Day 4||Koh Kong at leisure|
|Day 5||Continue to Sihanoukville & Koh Rong Island|
|Day 6||Day at leisure on Koh Rong Island|
|Day 7||Day at leisure on Koh Rong Island|
|Day 8||Travel to Siem Reap (Flight)|
|Day 9||Angkor Tour with lunch|
|Day 10||Remore Temple tour with a private blessing|
|Day 11||Last day in Cambodia. Transfer to Siem Reap Airport|
> After your arrival at Siem Reap, take two days to explore the splendid temples in Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom.
> Enjoy a leisurely private dinner cruise in Phnom Penh and its “floating” villages.
> Witness the stilt-houses and learn how people adapt to life on this body of water.
> Onwards to Sihanouk Ville to enjoy your honeymoon on its beautiful beaches.
> Siem Reap's stay includes private tours to Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Bayon Temple, Wat Damnak.
Koh Kong (B)
- Day at leisure
- Get lost in mangroves of Koh Kong Khnong; visit Tatai waterfall – nature’s spa – by boat; hear the symphony of the rainforest with a dawn jungle trek; see the sky light up with our nightly sunset cruise; and more.
Koh Kong - Sinoukville (B)
- After breakfast, we will be heading to Sihanoukville, a 3-hour journey
- On arrival catch the Speedboat and head out to Koh Rong Island
- The rest of the day is free at your leisure.
- Overnight at your hotel in Kep.
Koh Rong Island (B)
- Day at leisure
- Your Resort offers a wide range of activities, both in the sea or land-based activities. You can indulge in fishing, scuba diving, boating, kayaking through to trekking, cooking classes, bushwalking, quad bike tours to just relaxing on the beach or enjoying a massage in our spa.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic flight (subject to change)
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double/twin room sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flight – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Cambodia Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 APR to 30 SEP 2019
Contact us for any other date of travel required
- Best time to travel to Cambodia
Tourist season runs from November to March, but Cambodia is warm throughout the year and temperatures do not go below 20C. If you prefer lesser crowds, opt to travel between May to early October
- Cambodia Culture and Greetings
Cambodians are a mixture of Hinduism and Buddhism. The country’s golden age between the 9th and 14th Century is better known as the Khmer Empire era. During this time Cambodia achieved unparalleled achievements in the arts and architecture and Angkor Wat is your perfect example
When you greet someone, press your hands together in front of your chest.
- Drinks & Food
The basis of any Cambodian meal is rice, served either sticky or jasmine rice grown in the many paddy fields. Noodle soup is very common, and you will find that French food is still readily available. Don’t be surprised to find a coffee and “baguette sandwich” snack option. Roadside street food stalls are fun to try but rather sticks to the busy stalls serving piping hot foods
Fresh Coconut Juice: a refreshing and popular drink
Beer: Angkor and Anchor are the largest type of lagers served
- Discover your environment
Taxi hire is available in all major cities. They are not metered so fix the rate in advance. Tips will be appreciated by the driver. Not to be missed is a ride in a tuk-tuk.
Locals rarely tip, however, tourist like to add 10% which is appropriate especially in restaurants where no service charge is added to the bill
- Local interesting meals:
- Babor: Rice porridge with chicken broth
- Kralan: Sticky rice flavoured with sugar, beans and grated coconut steamed inside a Bamboo pole
- Mee Katang: Cantonese styled wild rice cooked with meat and vegetables served with an oyster sauce
Home of the mystical Angkor Wat (one of the wonders of the world), Cambodia is a romantic and honeymoon destination that is full of history and beauty.
Be sure to taste some local dishes as the food is something not to be missed; good food combined with friendly and helpful locals makes for a pleasant holiday for everyone.
Couples on a romantic vacation will enjoy the adventure of visiting such an exotic location — just that little bit outside of your comfort zone. But not to worry, Cambodia is home to some of the most luxurious accommodation around.
Immerse yourself in popular locations like Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, where the history and the culture are so thick you can grab it with your hands. Cambodia is a great choice as a destination for a loved-up short break or a romantic getaway, particularly when combined with sojourns to Vietnam and Thailand, both nestled to either side.