Vietnam perfect Holiday. The tour takes you to the top destinations in the country. From Hanoi to a cruise in Halong Bay, ending in Saigon. The postcard pictures you so often see of Ha Long Bay will become a memory to last you a lifetime and is the highlight of the trip.
Enjoy the peaceful ambiance of Hoi An a quaint ancient town or spend some time with the skillful tailors; treating yourself to tailor-made clothes; which Hoi An is renowned for.
For those who have a ‘green thumb’; you have the opportunity to join the farmers in preparing the land; seeding; watering, and picking the crops. Cruise along the Mekong river and shop in Saigon. Do not miss this opportunity to discover the best highlights of Vietnam
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Hanoi. Transfer to your hotel.|
|Day 2||City tour of Hanoi.|
|Day 3||Drive through the Red River Delta to Ha Long Bay|
|Day 4||Visit Luon: head back to the pier and return to Hanoi|
|Day 5||Flight to Da Nang. Arrive in Hoi An|
|Day 6||Cua Dai estuary cruise & Cooking class|
|Day 7||Return flight to Hanoi|
|Day 8||Saigon City Tour and Cu Chi Tunnels visit|
|Day 9||Full Day Cai Be Floating Market & Mekong Delta|
|Day 10||Last Day in Vietnam. Transfer to Saigon Airport.|
> Tours departs daily from Hanoi
> All sightseeing tours are private and include entrance fees
> Go on an unforgettable "Xich Lo" ride through Hanoi and attend a Water Puppet Show
> Sail out on Ha Long Bay and spend the night in an elegant A/C cabin
> Stroll through the quaint streets of Hoi An
> Visit the famous landmarks in Saigon including the Cu Chi Tunnels
> Explore typical Vietnamese life on the Mekong Delta
Best time to travel to Vietnam
A good time to travel to Vietnam is spring (February to April and again in Autumn (August to October)
Overall, Vietnam enjoys a mild tropical or subtropical climate and aside from a few months a year in the high northern region you'll never need to worry about packing cold-weather gear.
But do bring an umbrella, especially if visiting from July to November, Vietnam's stormiest months.
Vietnam Culture and Greetings
When interacting with a Vietnamese, be sensitive to Vietnam’s history. The person you may talk to may have experienced the struggles of the Vietnam War. Thirty years on many Vietnamese still have physical and mental health problems from the war. Approach any topic regarding this with sensitivity and sympathy.
Objects should be passed, given or received with both hands together. Vietnamese people are generally punctual and expect the same standard from others. The Vietnamese are accustomed to shaking hands. Some Vietnamese might use two hands to shake by resting the left hand on top of the grasp with the other person's hand. Bowing the head while shaking hands indicates respect
Drinks & Food
Vietnamese food is always served fresh and flavourful. You will find lost of fish dishes, cooked with fresh herbs and vegetables. Local cuisine is healthy and light
Discover your environment
Driving is on the right-hand side of the road. Taxis are plentiful and can be flagged down on the street. Make sure the taxi has a meter set before starting your journey. Hiring a bike (Wearing a helmet is a must) for the day is popular and is still Vietnam’s most popular transportation mode, together with motorbikes. Express long-distance trains will take you comfortably between cities
Tipping is very customary, especially in the most important tourist areas. It is appreciated y the receiver as salaries are on the low side and tipping makes up a sizeable side to monthly earning
Local interesting meals:
Drinking an egg coffee is a must
Pho: Noodle soup usually with meat
Nem: Spring rolls with pork, noodles, egg and mushroom wrapped in rice paper
Banh bao: Steamed dumplings stuffed with onions, pork and other ingredients
Banh MI: French baguette with pickled daikon and carrot, chili, coriander, cucumber and various cold meats
Lau: Vietnamese hot pot
Bia hoi: Fresh beer produced daily and served cold in local bars and very refreshing (Low in alcohol)
This tour includes all the highlights of the “Great Ocean Road”. Acclimatize in Hanoi, see the sights, experience the Xich Lo ride around the Old Quarters to see the street life.
Ha Long Bay
Stay overnight in Halong Bay aboard a boat, go fishing and swimming in jade green water and soak up its natural beauty. From the atmospheric charms of Hoi An to modern day life of Saigon, you can feel the diverse cultures and the energy of Vietnam.
Take part in a unique experience of guerrillas living underground during the war in Saigon. Experience a crawl through one of the tunnels. And the food bowl of Vietnam, the Mekong Delta is the place for those longing for a taste of the local life far from fellow travelers. Its all about the experience and not just the sightseeing. Immerse yourself in the local life!
- Upon your arrival; you will be greeted at the airport by a tour guide and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
- Overnight at your hotel in Hanoi
City tour Hanoi (B)
- This morning we embark on a an exhilarating and unforgettable Xich Lo ride through the charming; yet bustling; 36 Street Old Quarter to Ba Dinh Square where we disembark to explore Ho Chi Minh’s Quarter.
- Hanoi is well known for its history; architecture; charm; tranquility and cuisine.
- Our first visit is to the most well respected site of Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum which includes the Presidential Palace; One Pillar Pagoda and Ho Chi Minh Museum.
- We meet our bus for a short journey to visit the infamous Hanoi Hilton Prison and the 11th century Temple of Literature; Hanoi’s first University.
- After our exciting adventures we have all worked up a hunger! We cross the street for lunch (pay yourself) at famous KOTO restaurant.
- In the afternoon; we drive approximately 25 minutes to the Ethnology Museum.
- Here you will learn of the traditional cultures of 54 different ethnic minority groups in Vietnam through articles; stories; displays of traditional houses; costumes; hunting equipment and much more wares used in day to day life.
- Enjoy the famous traditional Water Puppets Show in the evening.
- Overnight at your hotel in Hanoi
Hanoi – Ha Long Bay (B/L/D)
- Ha Long Bay is one of the most enchanting and memorable experiences in Vietnam. The postcard pictures you so often see of Ha Long Bay; will become a memory to last a lifetime.
- We leave the city behind and drive through the Red River Delta to Ha Long Bay; taking around 3.5 hours. The beautiful countryside that awaits your imagination; takes us through local farming life and villages; providing us plenty of opportunities to stop and capture some spectacular photographs. Be sure to keep an eye out for the amazing things the locals load onto their motorbikes!!
- En-route; we make a stop at one of our favorite organizations in Vietnam; the Hong Ngoc Humanities centre in Sao Do Town. This wonderful establishment has been set up to provide skill and employment to people from small villages throughout the north of Vietnam; creating jobs and providing accommodation to disadvantaged people.
- You have the opportunity to purchase some exquisite local handicrafts and wares or just watch and admire the amazing and intricate workmanship involved in the production.
- Arriving in Ha Long Bay; we board our boat and enjoy a spectacular seafood lunch as we sail off into Dragon Bay; gazing at the breathtaking karst formations within the bay.
- After lunch have some free time to relax and admire the beauty of the Bay as we cruise through hundreds of formations.
- Throughout our cruise today; you will have the opportunity to disembark the boat and explore Sung Sot cave; where you will learn how karsts were formed in this area millions of years ago.
- For beach lovers and swimmers; we make a stop at one of the sandy beaches for swimming or just relaxing.
- We continue cruising the bay until the late afternoon; before setting anchor for the night.
- Once anchored; there’s plenty of time for swimming or just relaxing to admire the scenery before settling into another scrumptious meal.
- After dinner; why not head to the top deck and enjoy a relaxing drink whilst admiring the peaceful ambiance and gazing at the millions of stars.
- Overnight on board the boat.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic Airfares (subject to conditions)
- Accommodation in double/twin room at selected hotels
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Vietnam Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable