During the Wonderful Turkey tour, you will stand in awe before the blue Iznik tiles of the Blue Mosque, cruise along the Bosporus, see the sultans’ treasury and be amazed walking through the Grand Bazaar, housing more than 4000 shops.
Discover a virtual treasure trove of relics, ruins, and remnants of the roots of modern civilization on this Turkey Tour. Explore Cappadocia’s ancient rock-cut dwellings and vast underground cities, complete with stables, markets, and churches. Visit world-renowned archaeological sites including the House of the Virgin Mary, Temple of Hadrian, Celsius Library, and the Great Theatre of Ephesus plus Hierapolis.
Cosmopolitan cities brimming with modern delights, archaeological sites filled with ancient splendor, curious landscapes straight out of a storybook and picture-perfect coastlines frequented by the jet set… this is tantalizing Turkey! Visitors won’t be able to forget traveling through this exotic land which sits at the crossroads of Asia and Europe, yet displays a fair bit of Middle Eastern flair.
If you are looking for something special and extraordinary then look no further. The best tour in Turkey, including Istanbul – Kusadasi – Ephesus – Pamukkale & Cappadocia. This an exquisite tour for you with all the bells and whistles. There are no long bus rides just domestic flights getting you to your destination comfortable and relaxed.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Istanbul. Transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Full Day Istanbul tour|
|Day 3||Bosphorus cruise and flight to Izmir/Kusadasi|
|Day 4||Full day tour to Pamukkale|
|Day 5||Full day Ephesus tour. Flight to Cappadocia|
|Day 6||South Cappadocia tour|
|Day 7||Return flight to Istanbul. End of tour|
> Daily departures
> Tours with professional English speaking guides
> Entrance fees are included
> Domestic flights between Istanbul - Izmir - Cappadocia - Istanbul
> Full day sightseeing tour in Istanbul visiting Palaces, Mosques and Bazaars
> Leisurely morning cruise along the Bosphorus
> Walk along ancient Romans roads in Ephesus, once the 4th largest city of the Roman Empire
> Spend some time in Pamukkale soaking up the thermal waters
> Full day tour in Cappadocia, well-known for the "fairy Chimneys and underground cities
Best time to go
The best times to visit Turkey’s archaeological sites and cities are in spring (Apr-May) and autumn (Sep-Oct) as the temperature is warm, but not too hot.
High summer (Jun-Aug) can be hot: best time for beach holidays. Winters can be cold and many hotels though city breaks are still an option. Turkey does offer ski options during the winter months
Turkey food & drink
Turkish food is varied and delicious. It’s often meze style – lots of small dishes to sample, including aubergine dips, calamari, borek (stuffed pastries), mashed broad beans and stuffed vine leaves – plenty of options for vegetarians, too. Local food involves a lot of meat, often in kebab form – the smell of charcoal-grilled beef, lamb and chicken permeates Turkey.
A Turkish menu includes wonderful breads, super-sweet baklava (pistachio and syrup pastry) and salty white cheeses. Despite being a Muslim country, alcohol is easy to find in Turkey, especially in the touristy coastal regions. Efes is the Turkish beer of choice. Raki, grape spirit, is potent.
Turkish coffee is pitch black, very strong and often sweet. Tea is widely drunk and served black
Culture and Language
Turkish is the official language, however, English, French and German are widely spoken in all major cities and tourist areas. Shaking hands is the common form of greetings. Hospitability is a top priority. Pointing fingers at a person a considered rude. Declining an offer is done by putting your hand over your heart. Observe dress code when visiting Islamic sites
Train travel is a very popular mode of transport between the major cities. It may be slow but can sometimes offer you some inspiring scenic moments. Coach travel is the most used way of getting around Turkey. Bus routes are relatively cheap and are most comfortable. Just about any city is connected by coach. On certain upmarket coaches, extra legroom and Wi-Fi is offered. If your journey is more than 5 hrs, a 30-minute stop is made about every three hours. Taking a taxi is by far the most convenient way of travel in major cities, but not always the quickest way. Taxis can easily be hailed on the street. Important: only take the official bright yellow taxis. If they do not have a meter, then it is a no go
The basic rule is: tip 5-10% in restaurants, cafes and bars. Hotel staff does, however, expect a tip between 5 and 20 Turkish Lira. Do not tip taxi drivers but round up the fare. Tour Guides do not depend on tips, however, if a tour has really gone beyond what your expected, a tip of between 20 and 30 Tl will be greatly appreciated
Istanbul Arrival Day
- Meet at the airport and transfer to your hotel.
- You will be given your room key and the rest of the day is yours to explore Istanbul.
- Overnight in Istanbul.
There are two airports in Istanbul.
- Istanbul Ataturk airport is 20 km away from city center and;
- Sabiha Gokcen airport is 55 km away from city center.
- Transfer from Ataturk airport to your hotel is included. If you arrive at Sabiha Gokcen airport please contact us for transfer rates.
Istanbul City Tour (B-L)
- Pick up at 08:30 am from your hotel for a day tour of old Istanbul city.
- Travel to the Sultanahmet district, the oldest and most historic part of the city.
- First stop is made at the Hagia Sophia
- Drive past the Hippodrome of Constantinople and see the impressive obelisk
- Arrive at the Blue Mosque and make sure you take pics from the inside and outside
- Continue to the Grand Bazaar for some serious shopping
- Time for lunch
- In the afternoon you will go to the Topkapi Palace, the primary residence of former Ottoman Sultans
- Stop at the Little Hagia Sophia before returning to your hotel
Istanbul Bosphorus Cruise - Flight to Izmir (B-D)
- After breakfast, we depart for Bosphorus Cruise tour.
- Enjoy a magical Istanbul Bosphorus Boat Cruise and Spice Market Tour starting at 08:30.
- Enjoy the array of sites you can see from the boat including Spice Bazaar (Egyptian Bazaar).
- Bosphorus by Boat; a traditional excursion by boat along the waterway separating Europe and Asia.
- After the cruise depart for Istanbul airport for your flight to Izmir.
- Transfer from the airport and check in to your hotel in Kusadasi.
- Dinner and overnight in Kusadasi.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic Airfares (subject to conditions)
- Accommodation in selected hotels in double/twin sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Turkey Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 NOV 18 and 28 FEB 19
- Seasonal supplements applicable for travel between 25 DEC 18 and 03 JAN 19
- Contact us for any other date of travel required