Start the Turkish Delight tour in Istanbul, a city that connects East and West and separated by the Bosphorus Strait. Travel to the home of the ancient gods in Ephesus. Walk on the clouds at Pamukkale and enjoy its hot spring waters. Miss the sun? No problem, Antalya, an excellent Mediterranean resort is included in your tour program. Enjoy its beautiful beaches, historical and natural treasures. Leave the coast and board your flight back to Istanbul filled with happy memories of Turkey
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Istanbul. Transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Full Day Istanbul tour|
|Day 3||Full day Princess Ialnd tour in Istanbul|
|Day 4||Travel to the Battlefields of Gallipoli|
|Day 5||Travel via Troy and Pergamum to Kusadasi|
|Day 6||Full day Ephesus tour|
|Day 7||Full day tour of Pamukkale|
|Day 8||Road transfer to Antalya|
|Day 9||Waterfall and Old City tour|
|Day 10||Return flight to Istanbul. End of tour|
> Tour departs daily
> Private transfers in Istanbul (Ataturk Airport), Izmir and Cappadocia
> Istanbul tour includes visits to Palaces, Mosques and the famous Grand Bazaar
> Spend the day on the car-free Princess Island. Transportation is by carriage on the Island
> See the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the world in Ephesus
> Bathe in the Thermal Pools of Pamukkale filled with warm mineral waters
> Discover the ancient sites of Antalya and allow some relaxation time
Turkey, meeting point of east and west, blue and green, history and future, is one of the most popular destinations. History, nature and local culture in Turkey offers a breathtaking variety of choices.
Istanbul is a major city in Turkey that straddles Europe and Asia across the Bosphorus Strait. Its Old City reflects cultural influences of the many empires that once ruled here. In the Sultanahmet district, the open-air, Roman-era Hippodrome was for centuries the site of chariot races, and Egyptian obelisks also remain. The iconic Byzantine Hagia Sophia features a soaring 6th-century dome and rare Christian mosaics.
Kuşadası is a beach resort town on Turkey’s western Aegean coast. A jumping-off point for visiting the classical ruins at nearby Ephesus (or Efes), it’s also a major cruise ship destination. Its seafront promenade, marina, and harbor are lined with hotels and restaurants. Just offshore on Pigeon Island is a walled Byzantine castle that once guarded the town, connected to the mainland via causeway.
Pamukkale is a town in western Turkey known for the mineral-rich thermal waters flowing down white travertine terraces on a nearby hillside. It neighbors Hierapolis, an ancient Roman spa city founded around 190 B.C. Ruins there include a well-preserved theater and a necropolis with sarcophagi that stretch for 2km. The Antique Pool is famous for its submerged Roman columns, the result of an earthquake.
Antalya is a Turkish resort city with a yacht-filled Old Harbor and beaches flanked by large hotels. It’s a gateway to Turkey’s southern Mediterranean region, known as the Turquoise Coast for its blue waters. Remnants remain from Antalya’s time as a major Roman port. These include Hadrian’s Gate, built to honor the Roman emperor’s visit in 130 A.D and 2nd-century Hidirlik Tower, with harbor views.
Istanbul Arrival Day
- Meet at the airport Transfer to your hotel.
- You will be given your room key and the rest of the day is yours to explore Istanbul.
- Overnight in Istanbul.
There are two airports in Istanbul.
- Istanbul Ataturk airport is 20 km away from city center and;
- Sabiha Gokcen airport is 55 km away from city center.
- Transfer from Ataturk airport to your hotel is included. If you arrive at Sabiha Gokcen airport please contact us for transfer rates.
Istanbul City Tour (B-L)
- Pick up at 8:30 am from your hotel for a day tour of old Istanbul city.
- Visit Hagia Sophia; this ancient basilica; built by Constantine the Great in the 4th century and reconstructed by Justinian in the 6th century; is one of the architectural marvels of all time.
- On your way to the Blue Mosque, travel past the Hippodrome of Constantinople with its impressive obelisk
- Continue to the Grand Bazaar and be amazed by its bustling complex of 61 covered streets and over 4000 shops
- Stop for lunch at a local restaurant
- In the afternoon, visit Topkapi Palace which was once the primary residence of the Ottoman Sultans
- After the tour; transfer back to your hotel.
- Overnight in Istanbul.
Istanbul Prncess Island (B-L)
- There is no better way to escape the bustle of Istanbul for a day than with a visit to the idyllic Princes’ Islands. Enjoy cool breezes and charming sights along the way to Büyükada, the largest Island in the chain.
- Famous for their mild climates, lush vegetation, and ornate Ottoman Houses, all the islands are unspoiled by traffic.
- Instead of cars, there are carriages, called phaetons, which we will use to tour the island and its beautiful scenery studded with elegant mansions draped with purple bougainvillea, reminiscent of a more leisured and graceful era.
- Enjoy lunch at an excellent fresh fish restaurant that lines the waterfront, gazing across the Asian shore of Istanbul, so close - though it feels worlds away. After the tour, return to your hotel
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic Airfares (subject to conditions)
- Accommodation in selected hotels in double/twin sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Turkey Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 NOV 18 and 28 FEB 19
- Seasonal supplements applicable for travel between 25 DEC 18 and 03 JAN 19
Contact us for any other date of travel required