DEPARTURE FROM OPORTO (PORTUGAL)
Tour the splendor of Spain and Portugal with this 9 day tour. Acquaint yourself with the elegant towns and cities of Oporto, Coimbra, Toledo, Marbella , Granada, Seville and Lisbon.
At a glance
|Day 1||Arrive Oporto and check in at hotel|
|Day 2||Morning city tour and travel to Fatima|
|Day 3||Morning free. Afternoon departure for Lisbon|
|Day 4||Lisbon city tour|
|Day 5||Cross into Spain and arrive in Seville|
|Day 6||Morning tour of major sites in Seville|
|Day 7||Leave for Ronda with some free time. Overnight in Marbella|
|Day 8||After breakfast travel to Granada and city tour|
|Day 9||Onwards to Toledo. Sightseeing tour and arrive in Madrid|
Lisbon and Fatima
In Portugal see historic and colorful Lisbon, the world famous Shrine of Fatima, and the changing scenery of the countryside. The Sanctuary of Fatima was built in the 20th century after the apparitions of the Virgin Mary. It is the destination of an inner journey of Christian faith. It is one of the main Marian shrines of the world.
The Cathedral of Seville is the biggest Gothic cathedral in the world. It is a sign of its wide cultural and artistic past. Spain offers some of the richest cultural heritage to be found anywhere in Europe.
The Andalusia region being an excellent example with its unique blend of Roman, Arab and Catholic inspired influences. A journey along the back roads and through the mountain passes. This is the best way to discover the well-known icons as well as the charming lesser-known gems.
One of the tour highlights is a visit to Toledo. A town that attracts more visitors from around the world than any other Spanish town. In this old walled town, built on a hill, you’ll visit the 12th-century Church of St. Tome, which has one of El Greco’s most famous paintings.
A visit of the Alhambra complex will delight you. Built in the 13th century by Moorish kings. Today it boasts one of the oldest decorative gardens in the Western World.
In Portugal, visit the world-famous shrine in Fátima, dedicated to the Virgin Mary who appeared to three children here in 1917.
Enjoy sightseeing with a Local Guide in Toledo, Granada, Seville, Lisbon, Oporto, and Madrid. These experts in the cities’ histories and cultures will highlight the must-see sights, such as Seville’s Cathedral, the world’s third largest church; Lisbon’s Belem Tower, a UNESCO World Heritage Site built around 1514 to commemorate the expedition of Vasco de Gama and to defend the port of Lisbon; and Oporto’s cathedral, built between the 12th and 13th centuries in Romanesque style overlooking the port wine cellars on the banks of the Douro river.
- Arrive in Porto.
- Check in to your hotel.
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Porto.
Porto – Coimbra – Fatima
- Breakfast at your hotel in Porto.
- Morning city sightseeing tour.
- Continue to Coimbra.
- Free time for you to explore the city.
- In the afternoon we continue on to Fatima.
- Arrive in Fatima and check into your hotel.
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Fatima.
Fatima – Lisbon
- Breakfast at your hotel in Fatima.
- Free time at your leisure to explore Fatima.
- In the afternoon we depart for Lisbon.
- Arrive in Lisbon and check in to your hotel.
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Lisbon
- Intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 8 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Portugal/Spain Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 15 APR 18 and 31 MAR 19
- Seasonal supplements applicable for travel during JUL – AUG – SEP – OCT 18