Spain is rich in history, architecture, and culture, the cities of Valencia and Barcelona are among the most celebrated destinations in the world. The train journey to Valencia will be just under 2 hours and will take you past Cuenca. Enjoy this 4-day sightseeing trip from Madrid via high-speed train and air-conditioned coach.
At a glance
|THU||Travel by train from Madrid to Valencia|
|FRI||Mid-morning departure for Barcelona|
|SAT||Barcelona morning tour. Afternoon at leisure|
|SUN||Leave Barcelona for Madrid with a stop in Zaragoza|
Best time to go
Spain has a perfect climate for anyone between April to May and again from September to October. During these months enjoy a mild climate and lesser crowds. Summer (June to end August) are the peak tourist months, where travelers flock to Spain to soak up the sun. Temperatures dip from November onwards and depending on where you travel, winter gear will be required.
Spain food & drink
Gastronomy in Spain is an adventure and changes from region to region. Each province claims its own unique flavour
A budget way to sample the local food is to order Menus del Dia (Menu of the day). It includes a soup or a salad followed by a main course with a side dish. Dessert ends of your meal
Sangria is Spain’s most known drink: a fruit punch made of red wine with chopped fruit mixed with honey and orange juice
Culture and Language
Life in Spain has experienced swift changes in recent years. However, hospitality, chivalry and courtesy is still the basis of every Spaniard towards visitors and a handshake is a common way of greeting a person. Lunchtime is taken between 14:00 and 15:30 and evening meals between 21:00 and 23:00. So plan your meals well. Spain has harshest anti-smoking laws in Europe.
The official language is Spanish (Castilian). English is widely spoken/understood in all major tourist destinations. Advisable is to learn some Spanish words/phrases, especially when traveling outside the main tourist areas.
Domestic Air Travel in Spain is mostly inexpensive. Spain has an extensive bus and rail network and rates are very affordable. High-speed trains run between most popular cities. Taxis are safe and easy to find in all the main cities. A surcharge will be levied is your journey starts/ends at an airport, bus Terminal or Rail station.
VAT (IVA) of 10% is included in your bill. Restaurants & Bards, an additional 5% is normal. Most people leave small change when settling their bill.
Paella: Spain’s most famous dish made of rice, seafood, green vegetables and lots of seasoning
Tapas: small bites served before dinner. A Popular Tapas dish is Patatas Bravas (Served with a spicy sauce)
Gazpacho: Cold vegetable food with a tomato base
Pollo al Ajillo: chicken sautéed or simmered in white wine or sherry served with potatoes and a salad
Churros con chocolate: deep-fried twisted pastries served with dark chocolate
Valencia and Barcelona
The port city of Valencia lies on Spain’s southeastern coast, where the Turia River meets the Mediterranean Sea. It’s known as the City of Arts and Sciences. With futuristic structures including a planetarium, an oceanarium, and an interactive museum. Valencia also has several beaches, including some within nearby Albufera Park, a wetlands reserve with a lake and walking trails.
Barcelona, the cosmopolitan capital of Spain’s Catalonia region, is known for its art and architecture. The fantastical Sagrada Família church and other modernist landmarks designed by Antoni Gaudí dot the city. Museu Picasso and Fundació Joan Miró feature modern art by their namesakes. City history museum MUHBA includes several Roman archaeological sites.
Madrid – Valencia (By train)
- Departure from Atocha railway station to Valencia.
- Arrive in Valencia and transfer to the hotel (Own arrangement)
- Time at your leisure to enjoy this Mediterranean city.
- Overnight in Valencia.
Valencia – Barcelona (B)
- Breakfast at your hotel.
- Free time in Valencia
- Mid-morning depart for Barcelona.
- Arrive in Barcelona and check in to your hotel.
- Overnight in Barcelona.
- After breakfast morning city tour visiting the Park of Montjuic with spectacular views; the Olympic Ring; the monument to Columbus and the old Gothic Quarter.
- The afternoon is at leisure to explore and discover the wonders of Barcelona.
- Overnight in Barcelona.
- Transportation in deluxe AC vehicle
- Panoramic windows and maximum comfort and safety
- Experienced multilingual and English speaking tour conductors during the tours help you with your room accommodations and assure you of a pleasant vacation.
- Local sightseeing tours as indicated, with expert local guides and entrance fees to the monuments
- Accommodation in selected hotels in double room sharing
- Transportation of one baggage per person
- Meal plan: as per itinerary
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Spain Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- DEPARTURES: Thursdays
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT 18 and 31 MAR 19
- Specific dates from NOV 18 to MAR 19
- Seasonal supplements applicable for travel during OCT 18