Spain is rich in history, architecture, and culture, the cities of Valencia and Barcelona are amoung the most celebrated destinations in the world. Enjoy this 4-day sightseeing trip from Madrid via high-speed train and air-conditioned coach.
At a glance
|THU||Travel by train from Madrid to Valencia|
|FRI||Mid-morning departure for Barcelona|
|SAT||Barcelona morning tour. Afternoon at leisure|
|SUN||Leave Barcelona for Madrid with a stop in Zaragoza|
Valencia and Barcelona
The port city of Valencia lies on Spain’s southeastern coast, where the Turia River meets the Mediterranean Sea. It’s known as the City of Arts and Sciences. With futuristic structures including a planetarium, an oceanarium and an interactive museum. Valencia also has several beaches, including some within nearby Albufera Park, a wetlands reserve with a lake and walking trails.
Barcelona, the cosmopolitan capital of Spain’s Catalonia region, is known for its art and architecture. The fantastical Sagrada Família church and other modernist landmarks designed by Antoni Gaudí dot the city. Museu Picasso and Fundació Joan Miró feature modern art by their namesakes. City history museum MUHBA, includes several Roman archaeological sites.
Lleida and Zaragoza
Lleida is an ancient city in Spain’s northeastern Catalonia region. La Seu Vella, a Gothic-Romanesque cathedral in a ruined hilltop fortress, towers over the city. Below the hill stretches the long, pedestrianized Eix Comercial de Lleida, with shops set inside many of the old town’s striking buildings. On a hill to the west, the 12th-century Castle of Garden complex explores the region’s Templar history.
Zaragoza is the capital of northeastern Spain’s Aragon region. Overlooking the Ebro River in the city center is baroque Nuestra Señora del Pilar basilica, a famous pilgrimage site with a shrine to the Virgin Mary and multiple domes. Mudéjar-style landmarks, combining Islamic and Gothic architecture, include the Aljafería, an 11th-century Moorish palace, and the Cathedral of the Savior, begun in the 12th century.
Madrid – Valencia (By train)
- Departure from Atocha railway station to Valencia.
- Arrive in Valencia and transfer to the hotel (Own arrangement)
- Time at your leisure to enjoy this Mediterranean city.
- Overnight in Valencia.
Valencia – Barcelona
- Breakfast at your hotel.
- The morning is free to explore Valencia at your leisure.
- At mid-morning depart for Barcelona.
- Arrive in Barcelona and check in to your hotel.
- Overnight in Barcelona.
- After breakfast morning city tour visiting the Park of Montjuic with spectacular views; the Olympic Ring; the monument to Columbus and the old Gothic Quarter.
- The afternoon is at leisure to explore and discover the wonders of Barcelona.
- Overnight in Barcelona.
- Transportation in deluxe AC vehicle
- Panoramic windows and maximum comfort and safety
- Experienced multilingual and English speaking tour conductors during the tours help you with your room accommodations and assure you of a pleasant vacation.
- Local sightseeing tours as indicated, with expert local guides and entrance fees to the monuments
- Accommodation in selected hotels
- Transportation of one baggage per person
- Meal plan: as per itinerary
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Spain Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- DEPARTURES: Thursdays
- Rate valid for travel between 15 APR 18 and 31 MAR 19
- Seasonal supplements applicable for travel during JUL – AUG – SEP – OCT 18