Go on an adventure from Madrid with a circuit of three days traveling to the south of Spain. See the cities and the most important areas of Andalusia: Caceres, Córdoba and Seville. Complete itinerary in Seville and back to Madrid on the high-speed train AVE.
At a glance
|Day 1||Leave Madrid and travel to Cordoba via Caceres|
|Day 2||Cordoba Morning tour. Continue to Seville|
|Day 3||Morning tour of Seville. Afternoon Ave train to Madrid|
This trip is a three-day tour to Andalusia, passing through the region of Extremadura on the way. The main place to visit is Caceres, inscribed as a UNESCO World’s Heritage city.
Expert guides and historic monuments make the tour fun, unique and informative.
You will then take a bus right to the heart of the South – to visit Seville and Cordoba.
Here you will probably experience the best sense of a typical Andalusian lifestyle. Bullfights, Tapas, Flamenco, warm-hearted and passionate people that celebrate colorful fiestas – that’s what it´s famous for.
Trip back from Seville to Madrid is on the comfortable high-speed train AVE, to save you a time.
Best time to go
Spain has a perfect climate for anyone between April to May and again from September to October. During these months enjoy a mild climate and lesser crowds. Summer (June to end August) are the peak tourist months, where travelers flock to Spain to soak up the sun. Temperatures dip from November onwards and depending on where you travel, winter gear will be required.
Spain food & drink
Gastronomy in Spain is an adventure and changes from region to region. Each province claims its own unique flavour
A budget way to sample the local food is to order Menus del Dia (Menu of the day). It includes a soup or a salad followed by a main course with a side dish. Dessert ends of your meal
Sangria is Spain’s most known drink: a fruit punch made of red wine with chopped fruit mixed with honey and orange juice
Culture and Language
Life in Spain has experienced swift changes in recent years. However, hospitality, chivalry and courtesy is still the basis of every Spaniard towards visitors and a handshake is a common way of greeting a person. Lunchtime is taken between 14:00 and 15:30 and evening meals between 21:00 and 23:00. So plan your meals well. Spain has harshest anti-smoking laws in Europe.
The official language is Spanish (Castilian). English is widely understood in all major tourist destinations. Advisable is to learn some Spanish words/phrases, especially when traveling outside the main tourist areas.
Air Travel in Spain is mostly inexpensive. Spain has an extensive bus and rail network and rates are very affordable. High-speed trains run between most popular cities. Taxis are safe and easy to find in all the main cities. A surcharge will be levied is your journey starts/ends at an airport, bus Terminal or Rail station.
VAT (IVA) of 10% is included in your bill. Restaurants & Bards, an additional 5% is normal. Most people leave small change when settling their bill.
Paella: Spain’s most famous dish made of rice, seafood, green vegetables and lots of seasoning
Tapas: small bites served before dinner. A Popular Tapas dish is Patatas Bravas
Gazpacho: Cold vegetable food with a tomato base
Pollo al Ajillo: chicken sautéed or simmered in white wine or sherry served with potatoes and a salad
Churros con chocolate: deep-fried twisted pastries served with dark chocolate
The Mosque of Córdoba was built during the Muslim empire and was reconverted into a Catholic cathedral. It is the third biggest mosque in the world and stands out for its hundreds of decorated arches and columns that hold its roof.
The Synagogue is located in the Jewish Quarter. Accessed from the street there is the courtyard that takes to the prayer’s rooms.
La Giralda joins the Arab and Christian culture in its tower of 97’5 metres high. The 35 ramps to ascend to the summit make it easy for locals and visitors to enjoy panoramic views of Seville.
Madrid – Caceres – Cordoba (D)
- Departure from our bus terminal at 08:00 a.m. towards the region of Extremadura.
- Arrive in Caceres.
- Time at your leisure to explore its Plaza Mayor and to walk through the old city and its famous medieval quarter; very well preserved and considered as World Heritage Site.
- Lunch on your own.
- After lunch we continue southwards to Andalucia.
- Arrive in Cordoba and check in to your hotel.
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Cordoba
Cordoba – Seville (B-L)
- Breakfast at your hotel in Cordoba
- After breakfast we enjoy a morning city tour visiting the famous Mosque/Cathedral and Jewish Quarter.
- We then depart for Sevilla.
- Arrive in Sevilla and check in to your hotel.
- The afternoon is at your leisure to explore Sevilla.
- Overnight at your hotel in Sevilla
Sevilla – Madrid (By train) (B)
- Breakfast at your hotel.
- After breakfast we enjoy a morning city tour visiting the Park of Maria Luisa; Plaza de Espana and typical Barrio de Santa Cruz.
- The afternoon is free in visiting and discovering this important and monumental city on your own.
- In the late afternoon make your way to Seville station and board the AVE train to Madrid
- Arrive in Madrid and end of services
- Thank you for choosing Azure Travel for your Spain experience. We value your patronage & look forward to serving you again in the near future
- Transportation in deluxe AC vehicle
- Panoramic windows and maximum comfort and safety
- Experienced multilingual and English speaking tour conductors during the tours help you with your room accommodations and assure you of a pleasant vacation.
- Local sightseeing tours as indicated, with expert local guides and entrance fees to the monuments
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double room
- Transportation of one baggage per person
- Meal plan: as per itinerary
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Spain Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- DEPARTURES: Saturdays all year
- Rate valid for travel between 15 APR 18 and 31 MAR 19
Restricted dates for travel during NOV & DEC 18 as well as JAN AND FEB 19
- Seasonal supplements applicable for travel during OCT 18