TOUR STARTS FROM MADRID
Discover all that southern Spain has to offer. From beautiful beaches to ancient palaces and beautiful art, on this 8-day trip from Madrid. The tour covers Toledo, Cordoba, Seville, Granada and the Costa del Sol. Explore Granada’s magnificent Alhambra Palace (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), see Seville’s Alcazar, plus much more. Enjoy a combination of organized visits, plus ample free time to wander at your own pace.
Experience the perfect mix of cultural sightseeing and laid-back beach-going on this tour through beautiful Andalusia and the Costa del Sol. Visit architectural wonders and kick back by the Mediterranean, sangria in hand.
At a glance
|SAT||Leave Madrid and travel to Cordoba via Caceres|
|SUN||Cordoba city tour. Travel to Seville for overnight|
|MON||Morning tour of Seville. Afternoon is free|
|TUE||White Village road to Ronda. Overnight in Marbella|
|WED||Marbella: day at leisure|
|THU||Marbella: day at leisure|
|FRI||Leave Marbella for Granada. Alhambra & Generalife|
|SAT||Onwards to Toledo (City tour). Arrive in Madrid|
> Discover southern Spain’s most beautiful cities as you explore the Andalusia region with your expert guide.
> Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites like the Alhambra and the Generalife Gardens in Granada, and the Alcazar in
> Explore Toledo, the hometown of painter El Greco
> See the Great Mosque/Cathedral and the Jewish Quarter in Cordoba.
> Enjoy free time in Marbella to discover its hidden charms and surrounding
Best time to go
Spain has a perfect climate for anyone between April to May and again from September to October. During these months enjoy a mild climate and lesser crowds. Summer (June to end August) are the peak tourist months, where travellers flock to Spain to soak up the sun. Temperatures dip from November onwards and depending on where you travel, winter gear will be required.
Spain food & drink
Gastronomy in Spain is an adventure and changes from region to region. Each province claims its own unique flavour
A budget way to sample the local food is to order Menus del Dia (Menu of the day). It includes a soup or a salad followed by a main course with a side dish. Dessert ends of your meal
Sangria is Spain’s most known drink: a fruit punch made of red wine with chopped fruit mixed with honey and orange juice
Culture and Language
Life in Spain has experienced swift changes in recent years. However, hospitality, chivalry and courtesy is still the basis of every Spaniard towards visitors and a handshake is a common way of greeting a person. Lunchtime is taken between 14:00 and 15:30 and evening meals between 21:00 and 23:00. So plan your meals well. Spain has harshest anti-smoking laws in Europe.
The official language is Spanish (Castilian). English is widely spoken/understood in all major tourist destinations. Advisable is to learn some Spanish words/phrases, especially when traveling outside the main tourist areas.
Domestic Air Travel in Spain is mostly inexpensive. Spain has an extensive bus and rail network and rates are very affordable. High-speed trains run between most popular cities. Taxis are safe and easy to find in all the main cities. A surcharge will be levied is your journey starts/ends at an airport, bus Terminal or Rail station.
VAT (IVA) of 10% is included in your bill. Restaurants & Bards, an additional 5% is normal. Most people leave small change when settling their bill.
Paella: Spain’s most famous dish made of rice, seafood, green vegetables and lots of seasoning
Tapas: small bites served before dinner. A Popular Tapas dish is Patatas Bravas (Served with a spicy sauce)
Gazpacho: Cold vegetable food with a tomato base
Pollo al Ajillo: chicken sautéed or simmered in white wine or sherry served with potatoes and a salad
Churros con chocolate: deep-fried twisted pastries served with dark chocolate
From Madrid, wind your way into southern Spain and the culturally rich region known as Andalusia. Stop in enchanting Córdoba for a stroll through the winding streets of the Jewish Quarter and a visit to the city’s famous mosque, with its beautiful rows of striped arches and columns.
In Seville, explore the atmospheric Santa Cruz quarter with its lovely mosaic buildings. Stroll the grounds of the riverside Maria Luisa Park, and see the striking architecture of Plaza de España, built for the 1929 Ibero-American Exposition.
Costa Del Sol
Arrive among the seaside resorts of the Costa del Sol for a few days of sun-drenched relaxation. Between dinner and breakfast at your hotel, spend the days as you like, lounging on the beach, scoping out the best tapas in town, or opting to take part in various tours and excursions.
At the end of this relaxing sojourn, head to Granada, the stronghold of the Moorish Kingdom until 1492. Walk through the palatial complex of the Alhambra, with its intricate Islamic architectural details, blossom-filled courtyards, and burbling fountains.
Learn about local culture at a gypsy flamenco show, and spend your final day delving into the spiritual heritage of Toledo, learning how the world’s 3 great monotheistic religions coexisted peacefully in this beautifully preserved medieval city before returning to Madrid.
Madrid – Caceres – Cordoba (D)
- Departure from our bus Terminal at 08:00 a.m. towards the region of Extremadura.
- Arrive in Caceres.
- You have time at your leisure to explore its Plaza Mayor and to walk through the old city and its famous medieval quarter; very well preserved and considered as World Heritage Site.
- Lunch on your own.
- We continue on southwards to Andalucia and our destination of Cordoba.
- Arrive in Cordoba and check in at your hotel.
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Cordoba.
Cordoba – Seville (B-L)
- Breakfast at your hotel in Cordoba.
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour visiting the Mosque/ Cathedral and Jewish Quarter.
- Depart for Seville after the tour.
- Break for lunch and the afternoon is free to explore Seville.
- Arrive in Seville and check in to your hotel.
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Seville.
- Half board (2 meals) in the hotel.
- Morning city tour visiting the typical Barrio de Santa Cruz with its narrow streets; the Park of Maria Luisa and Plaza de Espana; with a panoramic sightseeing of the city.
- Optional Artistic tour including the Royal Alcazar Palace.
- Afternoon at leisure to explore Seville
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Seville.
- Transportation in deluxe AC vehicle with panoramic windows and maximum comfort and safety.
- Experienced multilingual and English speaking tour conductors during the tours help you with your room accommodations and assure you of a pleasant vacation.
- Local sightseeing tours as indicated, with expert local guides and entrance fees to the monuments.
- Accommodation in selected hotels in double room sharing
- Transportation of one baggage per person.
- Meal plan: as per itinerary.
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Spain Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Departures on Saturdays
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT 18 and 31 JAN 19
Tour does not operate between NOV & DEC 18
- Seasonal supplements applicable for travel during OCT 18