TOUR DEPARTS FROM MADRID
Experience the diverse cultures of Spain on a 7-day tour of several distinct areas. Learn about the influence of the Moors in Seville, Granada and Cordoba. Discover the vibrant coastal resorts of Valencia and Barcelona, driving through mountains and along the magnificent Mediterranean coast along the way. Visit several of Spain’s multitude of World Heritage Sites, including the incredible Alhambra, as you immerse yourself in the country’s rich history and beautiful architecture.
starts a leisurely trip by coach from Madrid. This 7-day includes a guide, all entrance fees, 6 nights accommodation, and breakfast every day. Spend 7 days in some of Spain’s most beautiful cities, including Cordoba, Granada, Valencia and Seville, on this trip from Madrid.
During your trip, you’ll explore a range of sublime palaces. Elaborate cathedrals and ancient neighborhoods. These have rightfully earned Spain a reputation as one of the world’s great centers of culture and history.
Over the course of your 7-day journey explore an incredible array of UNESCO World Heritage Sites and admire the beautiful architecture each city has on offer
At a glance
|MON||Leave Madrid for Cordoba. Overnight in Seville|
|TUE||Morning tour of Seville. Afternoon is free|
|WED||Continue to Granada. Visit Alhambra & Generalife|
|THU||Travel to the Mediterranean city Valencia|
|FRI||Morning at leisure. Afternoon travel to Barcelona|
|SAT||Morning tour of Barcelona. The afternoon is free|
|SUN||Return to Madrid via Zaragoza. End of tour|
Best time to go
Spain has a perfect climate for anyone between April to May and again from September to October. During these months enjoy a mild climate and lesser crowds. Summer (June to end August) are the peak tourist months, where travellers flock to Spain to soak up the sun. Temperatures dip from November onwards and depending on where you travel, winter gear will be required.
Spain food & drink
Gastronomy in Spain is an adventure and changes from region to region. Each province claims its own unique flavour
A budget way to sample the local food is to order Menus del Dia (Menu of the day). It includes a soup or a salad followed by a main course with a side dish. Dessert ends of your meal
Sangria is Spain’s most known drink: a fruit punch made of red wine with chopped fruit mixed with honey and orange juice
Culture and Language
Life in Spain has experienced swift changes in recent years. However, hospitality, chivalry and courtesy is still the basis of every Spaniard towards visitors and a handshake is a common way of greeting a person. Lunchtime is taken between 14:00 and 15:30 and evening meals between 21:00 and 23:00. So plan your meals well. Spain has harshest anti-smoking laws in Europe.
The official language is Spanish (Castilian). English is widely spoken/understood in all major tourist destinations. Advisable is to learn some Spanish words/phrases, especially when traveling outside the main tourist areas.
Domestic Air Travel in Spain is mostly inexpensive. Spain has an extensive bus and rail network and rates are very affordable. High-speed trains run between most popular cities. Taxis are safe and easy to find in all the main cities. A surcharge will be levied is your journey starts/ends at an airport, bus Terminal or Rail station.
VAT (IVA) of 10% is included in your bill. Restaurants & Bards, an additional 5% is normal. Most people leave small change when settling their bill.
Paella: Spain’s most famous dish made of rice, seafood, green vegetables and lots of seasoning
Tapas: small bites served before dinner. A Popular Tapas dish is Patatas Bravas (Served with a spicy sauce)
Gazpacho: Cold vegetable food with a tomato base
Pollo al Ajillo: chicken sautéed or simmered in white wine or sherry served with potatoes and a salad
Churros con chocolate: deep-fried twisted pastries served with dark chocolate
Start your journey in Cordoba, where you’ll wander through the city’s Jewish quarter to admire its intricate network of medieval-era streets and see the city’s cathedral-mosque.
Then head to Seville, a city once controlled by the Moors. Admire its Arab-inspired architecture and its magnificent cathedral, idyllic gardens and ancient Santa Cruz area.
Spend the third and fourth day in Granada. Home to the incredible Alhambra, the elaborate palace of the Moors and the Arab kingdom’s last stronghold in Spain up until 1492.
Then move on and spend days five and six in Barcelona where all the amazing works of the Artist Gaudi can be seen. One of the most famous being La Sagrada Familia Cathedral and the Olympic Rings at the park of Montjuic.
Madrid – Cordoba – Sevilla (D)
- Departure from our bus Terminal at 8:00 a.m. traveling through La Mancha to Cordoba.
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour; visiting its Arab Mosque/ Cathedral and Jewish Quarter.
- Continue on to Sevilla.
- Arrive in Sevilla and check into your hotel.
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Sevilla.
- Half board (2 meals included) in the hotel.
- Enjoy a morning tour of the city visiting the typical Barrio de Santa Cruz with its narrow streets; the Park of Maria Luisa and Plaza de Espana; with a panoramic sightseeing of the city.
- Optional artistic tour including the Royal Alcazar Palace.
- The afternoon is at your leisure to explore Sevilla.
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Sevilla.
Sevilla – Granada (B-D)
- Breakfast at your hotel in Sevilla.
- After breakfast we depart to Granada.
- We enjoy a sightseeing tour including the impressive Alhambra with its beautiful Nazari Palaces and the Generalife Palace.
- Arrive in Granada and check in to your hotel.
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Granada.
- Optional visit to the gypsy caves of Sacromonte and attend a typical show of gypsy flamenco.
- Transportation in deluxe AC vehicle with panoramic windows and maximum comfort and safety.
- Experienced multilingual and English speaking tour conductors during the tours help you with your room accommodations and assure you of a pleasant vacation.
- Local sightseeing tours as indicated, with expert local guides and entrance fees to the monuments.
- Accommodation in selected hotels in double room sharing
- Transportation of one baggage per person.
- Meal plan: as per itinerary.
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Spain Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- DEPARTURES: Mondays all year
- Rate valid for travel between 01OCT 18 and 31 MAR 19
- Specific dates from NOV 18 to MAR 19
- Seasonal supplements applicable for travel during OCT 18