DEPART FROM THE COSTA DEL SOL - Enjoy this fantastic 2-day bus tour through 2 beautiful cities of Spain. Visit the Alhambra in Granada and the Imperial City of Toledo as you travel from Costa del Sol to Madrid.
Experience the rich culture and beauty of historic Spain on this splendid two-day bus tour to three fascinating Spanish cities.
At a glance
|Day 1||Leave Marbella for Granada. Visit Alhambra & Generalife|
|Day 2||Continue to Toledo (City tour) and arrive in Madrid.|
Best time to go
Spain has a perfect climate for anyone between April to May and again from September to October. During these months enjoy a mild climate and lesser crowds. Summer (June to end August) are the peak tourist months, where travelers flock to Spain to soak up the sun. Temperatures dip from November onwards and depending on where you travel, winter gear will be required.
Spain food & drink
Gastronomy in Spain is an adventure and changes from region to region. Each province claims its own unique flavour
A budget way to sample the local food is to order Menus del Dia (Menu of the day). It includes a soup or a salad followed by a main course with a side dish. Dessert ends of your meal
Sangria is Spain’s most known drink: a fruit punch made of red wine with chopped fruit mixed with honey and orange juice
Culture and Language
Life in Spain has experienced swift changes in recent years. However, hospitality, chivalry and courtesy is still the basis of every Spaniard towards visitors and a handshake is a common way of greeting a person. Lunchtime is taken between 14:00 and 15:30 and evening meals between 21:00 and 23:00. So plan your meals well. Spain has harshest anti-smoking laws in Europe.
The official language is Spanish (Castilian). English is widely understood in all major tourist destinations. Advisable is to learn some Spanish words/phrases, especially when traveling outside the main tourist areas.
Air Travel in Spain is mostly inexpensive. Spain has an extensive bus and rail network and rates are very affordable. High-speed trains run between most popular cities. Taxis are safe and easy to find in all the main cities. A surcharge will be levied is your journey starts/ends at an airport, bus Terminal or Rail station.
VAT (IVA) of 10% is included in your bill. Restaurants & Bards, an additional 5% is normal. Most people leave small change when settling their bill.
Paella: Spain’s most famous dish made of rice, seafood, green vegetables and lots of seasoning
Tapas: small bites served before dinner. A Popular Tapas dish is Patatas Bravas
Gazpacho: Cold vegetable food with a tomato base
Pollo al Ajillo: chicken sautéed or simmered in white wine or sherry served with potatoes and a salad
Churros con chocolate: deep-fried twisted pastries served with dark chocolate
Granada is a city in southern Spain’s Andalusia region, in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains. It's known for grand examples of medieval architecture dating to the Moorish occupation, especially the Alhambra. This sprawling hilltop fortress complex encompasses royal palaces, serene patios, and reflecting pools. Dating from the Nasrid dynasty, as well as the fountains and orchards of the Generalife gardens.
The Alhambra is the most important and captivating monument of Muslim Spain. It is one of the most visited attractions in the country. The Alhambra brims with the wonderful heritage of the Nazari dynasty which you can uncover as you explore the Alcazaba, the Palace of Comares, and the Generalife Gardens.
Take an opportunity to visit the palaces of the Alhambra accompanied by an official guide who will tell you all the secrets, stories, legends, and artistic details. Admire the impressive Moorish architecture of the Nasrid Palaces and discover how the sultans lived during the height of their reign.
Toledo is an ancient city set on a hill above the plains of Castilla-La Mancha in central Spain. It is known for the medieval Arab, Jewish and Christian monuments in its walled old city. It was also the former home of Mannerist painter El Greco. The Moorish Bisagra Gate and the Sol Gate, in Mudéjar style, open into the old quarter. Here the Plaza de Zocodover is a lively meeting place.
Toledo is one of the oldest towns in Europe and the City of Three Cultures: Jewish, Christian and Muslim. This World Heritage Site city is a must visit in Spain.
In Toledo, you will explore one of its most emblematic monuments, the impressive Gothic Cathedral of Toledo. Inside the Cathedral you will admire a wide collection of famous paintings by Caravaggio or El Greco. You will discover the best preserved medieval stained glass and also learn about the history and the treasures that the Cathedral houses with the commentaries provided by your guide.
Madrid, Spain's central capital, is a city of elegant boulevards and expansive, manicured parks such as the Buen Retiro. It’s renowned for its rich repositories of European art, including the Prado Museum’s works by Goya, Velázquez and other Spanish masters. The heart of old Hapsburg Madrid is the portico-lined Plaza Mayor, and nearby is the baroque Royal Palace and Armory, displaying historic weaponry.
Costa del Sol – Granada (D)
- Departure from Marbella (time to be confirmed) to Granada.
- Sightseeing tour including the impressive Alhambra with its beautiful Nazari Palaces and the Generalife.
- Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Granada.
- Optional visit to the caves of Sacromonte and attend a typical show of gypsy flamenco.
Granada – Toledo – Madrid (B-L)
- After breakfast, depart to the Imperial City of Toledo; full of history and monuments.
- City sightseeing tour takes you through its narrow streets and alleys.
- We continue to Madrid.
- Arrive in Madrid and end of the services.
- Thank you for choosing Azure Travel for your Spain experience. We thank you for your patronage & look forward to serving you again in the near future.
- Transportation in deluxe AC vehicle with panoramic windows and maximum comfort and safety.
- Experienced multilingual and English-speaking tour conductors during the tour helping you with your accommodations and assuring you of a pleasant vacation.
- Sightseeing tours as indicated, with expert local guides and entrance fees to the monuments.
- Accommodation in selected hotels.
- Transportation of one baggage per person.
- Meal plan: as per itinerary.
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Spain Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- DEPARTURES: Wednesday - Friday and Sunday (April to October)
- Specific dates from NOV 18 to MAR 19
- Rate valid for travel between 15 APR 18 and 31 MAR 19
- Seasonal supplements applicable for travel during OCT 18