DEPARTURE FROM BARCELONA
On this tour of Spain in the Andalucian region and Valencia you will visit the Cordoba Mosque-Cathedral, the spectacular Plaza de Espana and the impressive Alhambra as you travel down the Mediterranean coast to Valencia and Sevilla.
Enjoy 6 days of travel through Spain’s Andalucia and on to Valencia on this guided tour from Barcelona. You’ll visit Cordoba, Seville, Granada, and Valencia and experience their cultural, religious, and historical monuments on city sightseeing tours.
At a glance
|SUN||Depart Barcelona to Madrid with a stop in Zaragoza|
|MON||Travel to Cordoba (City tour). Onwards to Seville|
|TUE||Morning tour of Seville. Afternoon at leisure|
|WED||Travel to Granada. Visit the Alhambra & Generalife|
|THU||Continue to the Mediterranean city of Valencia|
|FRI||Morning free. Return to Barcelona. End of tour|
Best time to go
Spain has a perfect climate for anyone between April to May and again from September to October. During these months enjoy a mild climate and lesser crowds. Summer (June to end August) are the peak tourist months, where travellers flock to Spain to soak up the sun. Temperatures dip from November onwards and depending on where you travel, winter gear will be required.
Spain food & drink
Gastronomy in Spain is an adventure and changes from region to region. Each province claims its own unique flavour
A budget way to sample the local food is to order Menus del Dia (Menu of the day). It includes a soup or a salad followed by a main course with a side dish. Dessert ends of your meal
Sangria is Spain’s most known drink: a fruit punch made of red wine with chopped fruit mixed with honey and orange juice
Culture and Language
Life in Spain has experienced swift changes in recent years. However, hospitality, chivalry and courtesy is still the basis of every Spaniard towards visitors and a handshake is a common way of greeting a person. Lunchtime is taken between 14:00 and 15:30 and evening meals between 21:00 and 23:00. So plan your meals well. Spain has harshest anti-smoking laws in Europe.
The official language is Spanish (Castilian). English is widely spoken/understood in all major tourist destinations. Advisable is to learn some Spanish words/phrases, especially when traveling outside the main tourist areas.
Domestic Air Travel in Spain is mostly inexpensive. Spain has an extensive bus and rail network and rates are very affordable. High-speed trains run between most popular cities. Taxis are safe and easy to find in all the main cities. A surcharge will be levied is your journey starts/ends at an airport, bus Terminal or Rail station.
VAT (IVA) of 10% is included in your bill. Restaurants & Bards, an additional 5% is normal. Most people leave small change when settling their bill.
Paella: Spain’s most famous dish made of rice, seafood, green vegetables and lots of seasoning
Tapas: small bites served before dinner. A Popular Tapas dish is Patatas Bravas (Served with a spicy sauce)
Gazpacho: Cold vegetable food with a tomato base
Pollo al Ajillo: chicken sautéed or simmered in white wine or sherry served with potatoes and a salad
Churros con chocolate: deep-fried twisted pastries served with dark chocolate
The cosmopolitan capital of Spain’s Catalonia region is known for its art and architecture. The fantastical Sagrada Família church and other modernist landmarks designed by Antoni Gaudí dot the city. Museu Picasso and Fundació Joan Miró feature modern art by their namesakes. City history museum MUHBA includes several Roman archaeological sites.
Enjoy a panoramic walking tour of the old Jewish Quarter, and visit the magnificent Mosque/Cathedral, one of the most important in the Islamic World, built during the time of the Caliphs, with its magnificent forest of marble columns is whose center is a Christian Cathedral.
Wide panoramic sightseeing tour: where you will visit the Plaza de España, Park of Maria Luisa… Walking tour of the old Barrio de Santa Cruz through its narrow streets and alleys.
Visit the spectacular group of monuments at the Alhambra and Generalife, former residence of the Moorish kings, with its magnificent Nazari Palaces and its fantasy of patios, arches, gardens and fountains.
An excellent city to explore on your own. You will have free time to walk around and discover the most important squares, monuments and museums at your own leisure.
Barcelona – Zaragoza – Madrid
- Depart Barcelona at 08:00; passing through Lerida and Zaragoza.
- Stop for a short visit before continuing to Madrid.
- Overnight at your hotel in Madrid.
Madrid – Cordoba – Seville (-D)
- After breakfast; pass through La Mancha country.
- Travel toward Cordoba.
- Go on a sightseeing tour of the historic city; visiting the famous Mosque and Cathedral; as well as the fascinating Jewish Quarter.
- Continue to Seville for dinner and your overnight accommodation.
- Optional tour to attend a flamenco show.
- Half board in the hotel.
- Go on a morning city tour visiting the Barrio de Santa Cruz with its narrow streets; the Park of Maria Luisa and Plaza de Espana; with a panoramic sightseeing of the city.
- Optional artistic tour including the Royal Alcazar Palace.
- Spend the afternoon at your leisure to continue discovering the orange scented streets of the city.
- Overnight at your hotel in Seville.
- Transportation in deluxe AC vehicle with panoramic windows and maximum comfort and safety.
- Experienced multilingual and English-speaking tour conductors during the tour helping you with your accommodations and assuring you of a pleasant vacation.
- Sightseeing tours as indicated, with expert local guides and entrance fees to the monuments.
- Accommodation in selected hotels in double room sharing
- Transportation of one baggage per person.
- Meal plan: as per itinerary.
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Spain Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- DEPARTURES: Sunday all year
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT 18 and 31 MAR 19
Tour does not operate between NOV 18 and FEB 19
- Seasonal supplements applicable for travel during OCT 18