Tour from Lisbon to Madrid, both capital cities located in the Iberian Peninsula
Stop in Caceres, one of Spains most beautiful cities before arriving in Madrid. Here we explore the capital with a day tour to Toledo. Return to Lisbon with a stop in Trujillo, the birthplace of the Spanish conquistador.
At a glance
|SAT||Depart Lisbon and travel via Caceres to Madrid|
|SUN||Morning tour of Madrid|
|MON||Full day tour to Toledo|
|TUE||Madrid: day at leisure|
|WED||Return to Lisbon with a stop in Trujillo|
> Spend time in Caceres, where the Old Town has been declared a UNESCO Worl Heritage site
> See the highlights of Madrid during a morning city tour
> Spend a day in Toledo, an ancient city set on a hill and known for its Arab, Jewish and Christian monuments
> Free day in Madrid to explore its Museums, attend a Flamenco shop or browse the many shopping malls
Best time to go
Spain has a perfect climate for anyone between April to May and again from September to October. During these months enjoy a mild climate and lesser crowds. Summer (June to end August) are the peak tourist months, where travelers flock to Spain to soak up the sun. Temperatures dip from November onwards and depending on where you travel, winter gear will be required.
Spain food & drink
Gastronomy in Spain is an adventure and changes from region to region. Each province claims its own unique flavour
A budget way to sample the local food is to order Menus del Dia (Menu of the day). It includes a soup or a salad followed by a main course with a side dish. Dessert ends of your meal
Sangria is Spain’s most known drink: a fruit punch made of red wine with chopped fruit mixed with honey and orange juice
Culture and Language
Life in Spain has experienced swift changes in recent years. However, hospitality, chivalry and courtesy is still the basis of every Spaniard towards visitors and a handshake is a common way of greeting a person. Lunchtime is taken between 14:00 and 15:30 and evening meals between 21:00 and 23:00. So plan your meals well. Spain has harshest anti-smoking laws in Europe.
The official language is Spanish (Castilian). English is widely spoken/understood in all major tourist destinations. Advisable is to learn some Spanish words/phrases, especially when traveling outside the main tourist areas.
Domestic Air Travel in Spain is mostly inexpensive. Spain has an extensive bus and rail network and rates are very affordable. High-speed trains run between most popular cities. Taxis are safe and easy to find in all the main cities. A surcharge will be levied is your journey starts/ends at an airport, bus Terminal or Rail station.
VAT (IVA) of 10% is included in your bill. Restaurants & Bards, an additional 5% is normal. Most people leave small change when settling their bill.
Paella: Spain’s most famous dish made of rice, seafood, green vegetables and lots of seasoning
Tapas: small bites served before dinner. A Popular Tapas dish is Patatas Bravas (Served with a spicy sauce)
Gazpacho: Cold vegetable food with a tomato base
Pollo al Ajillo: chicken sautéed or simmered in white wine or sherry served with potatoes and a salad
Churros con chocolate: deep-fried twisted pastries served with dark chocolate
Lisbon - Caceres - Madrid
- Departure from Lisbon at 7:30 a.m. towards the border with Spain and continuation to Caceres.
- Time at leisure to explore its Plaza Mayor and to walk through the old city and its medieval quarter, very well preserved and considered as a World Heritage site.
- Lunch (own arrangements)
- Continue to Madrid.
- Overnight at your hotel in Madrid.
- Breakfast at your hotel.
- Morning city sightseeing tour to get acquainted with this monumental city and see the most important buildings, avenues and squares: Gran Via, Plaza
- de Espana, Plaza de Oriente, fountain of Cibeles and Columbus squares, Puerta de Alcala, Paseo de la Castellana.
- The afternoon is at leisure to continue exploring this cosmopolitan city on your own.
- Overnight at your hotel in Madrid
- Breakfast at your hotel in Madrid.
- Today we go on a half day tour to the monumental city of Toledo.
- Located one hour drive from Madrid, the city is like an immense museum of great beauty and holds some of the most genuine historical Spanish Monuments.
- The old city is considered as a National Monument and declared World Heritage Site. Toledo is also named the city of three cultures, as for a long period of time, the Christian,
- Islamic and Jewish lived peacefully within its walls.
- After the tour, return to Madrid and enjoy time at your leisure to continue exploring.
- Overnight at your hotel in Madrid.
- Transportation in deluxe AC vehicle
- Panoramic windows and maximum comfort and safety
- Experienced multilingual and English speaking tour conductors during the tours help you with your room accommodations and assure you of a pleasant vacation.
- Local sightseeing tours as indicated, with expert local guides and entrance fees to the monuments
- Accommodation in selected hotels in double room sharing
- Transportation of one baggage per person
- Meal plan: as per itinerary
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Portugal / Spain Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Departure: Saturday
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT 18 and 31 MAR 19
- Specific dates for travel between NOV 18 to MAR 19
- Seasonal supplements applicable for travel during OCT 18