Istanbul is known as the "Pearl of the East and the Jewel of the West". The city stands on the divide between two very different cultures, religions, and social views. Historically and geographically this great city has the weight of a nation behind it. And a country that still claims several of the wonders of the world. Enjoy 5 days in Istanbul visiting and discovering some of the magnificent Bazaars, Mosques and Palaces.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Istanbul|
|Day 2||Morning Ottoman Relics Tour|
|Day 3||1/2 day Bosphorus cruise|
|Day 4||Istanbul: day at leisure|
|Day 5||Services end with transfer to Istanbul Airport|
Witness the classic sites of heritage and history that abound in Istanbul on a 5-day tour. Visit architectural masterpieces, marvel at awe-inspiring, Byzantine-era tile-works, and see the imperial treasures of Ottoman sultans. You also experience the customs of trade-life at a bustling bazaar.
Your tour starts with a brief stop at the Hippodrome, once the sporting and social center of the Roman capital of Constantinople, and still home to a few remaining obelisks. You then continue to the Byzantine basilica, Hagia Sophia, where you’re sure to be dazzled by the 30 million gold tesserae (tiny mosaic tiles) and the great Calligraphic Panes that line the interior.
Put your haggling skills to test and find a bargain at the Grand Bazaar, or simply observe the trade of diamonds, perfume, food, and rugs, before moving on to the Sultan Ahmet-inspired masterpiece—The Blue Mosque. Admire the finely decorated Ottoman tiles and stained-glass windows on your way to the solemn Tomb of Sultan Ahmet.
Meander through the regal rooms of the Topkapi Palace, the residence of the Ottoman sultans from the 15th to the 19th centuries. See the imperial treasury and its collection of Chinese porcelain, costumes, and weaponry.
Istanbul Arrival Day
- Welcome to Turkey Istanbul Airport.
- Meet with our representative at the arrival Hall for transfer to your hotel & check-in.
- There are two airports in Istanbul.
- Istanbul Ataturk airport is 20 km away from city center and;
- Sabiha Gokcen airport is 55 km away from city center.
- Transfer from Ataturk airport to your hotel is included. If you arrive at Sabiha Gokcen airport please contact us for transfer rates.
Istanbul City Tour (B)
- After breakfast, depart on a morning tour visiting the Ottoman relics
- See the Topkapi Palace and the Suleymaniye Mosque
- The afternoon will be free
Bosphorus Cruise (B)
- Pick up at 08:30 am from the hotel and depart for the Istanbul Bosphorus Cruise and Shopping Tour.
- Visit the Spice Bazaar (Egyptian Bazaar); the air here is filled with the enticing aromas of cinnamon; caraway; saffron; mint; thyme and every other conceivable herb and spice.
- Bosphorus by Boat - a traditional excursion by boat along the waterway separating Europe and Asia. The shore is lined with old wooden villas; palaces of marble; fortresses; and small fishing villages. During the excursion, you will see the magnificent sights of the following attractions from your boat.
- Dolmabahce Palace; and further along; the parks and imperial pavilions of Yildiz Palace.
- On the coastal edge of this park; is Ciragan Palace; 300 meters of its marble facade faces the shore.
- At Ortakoy a great variety of artists gather every Sunday to display their work along the street. Ortakoy is a symbol of tolerance with a church; a mosque and a synagogue existing side by side for centuries.
- Rumeli Fortress; built by Mehmet the Conqueror in 1452 prior to the conquest of Istanbul was completed in only four months to control and protect the infamous Bosphorus passage. It is one of the most beautiful works of military architecture anywhere in the world.
- Beylerbeyi Palas (Palace) is the summer residence of Ottoman sultans exists in its original renovated glory featuring original antique furniture and magnificent gardens with the Harem on the Asian side of Istanbul.
- Bosphorus Bridge; enjoy a unique chance to step from one continent (Asia) to another (Europe).
- Camlica Hill; the highest point in Istanbul; at the top of it you can rest and admire the magnificent panorama of Istanbul and the Bosporus from the beautiful gardens; landscaped in traditional Turkish Ottoman style.
- After the tour; you are taken back to your hotel
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- 4 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4* - 5*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Turkey visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 15 APR and 15 OCT 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable