Come with us to explore Egypt where Pharaoh Akhenaton and Queen Nefertiti worshiped the Sun. They built great temples and pyramids along the Nile banks and cruised its placid waters in graceful gilded boats. To European explorers, the Nile was the river-road to adventure. They sailed from Alexandria and Cairo on swift white-sailed feluccas, penetrating deep into the heart of Africa.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Cairo. Transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Full day tour: Pyramids & Sphinx, Memphis & Sakkara|
|Day 3||Full day tour to Alexandria. Overnight in Cairo.|
|Day 4||Full day tour: Museum, Citadel & Bazaar. Train to Aswan|
|Day 5||Transfer to Cruise liner. Start of Cruise program|
|Day 6||Visit Kom Ombo and Edfu Temples|
|Day 7||Luxor: Visit Karnak & Luxor Temples|
|Day 8||Overnight sleeper train to Cairo|
|Day 9||Transfer to your hotel. Day at leisure|
|Day 10||Tour ends with transfer to Cairo APT|
Experience the beauty of Egypt with us on this 10-day tour. You will cover the entire country from Alexandria in the north to Aswan in the south. Cruise the Nile and visit ancient temples between Aswan and Luxor. Learn the history of queen Cleopatra and Alexander the Great when you visit Alexandria with us.
Discover the old sites and history of Alexandria from its ancient Egyptian roots, through the Classical period to Roman times and beyond. During an enlightening full-day tour from Cairo see the new Library of Alexandria, the Roman Catacombs, and much more. Meet-and-greet service pick-up, and drop off from your Cairo hotel in the comfort of an air-conditioned bus.
Begin the journey with a visit to the Roman theater in Kom El-Deka. A marble theater that once seated 800 spectators with galleries, sections of mosaic flooring and a pleasure garden, all surrounded by Roman baths and villas.
Continue exploring the Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa; the necropolis of 3 sub-levels dating from the 2nd century AD. It merges aspects of Egyptian, Greek, and Roman culture in its features. See the Roman triclinium – a banquet hall to honor the dead. As well as statues, reliefs, and a pillared lobby featuring depictions of Egyptian gods in Roman armor.
Next, wander through the lush Montaza Gardens, and see the site of the Alexandria Library. Concluding the tour, walk the ramparts of the 15th century Qaitbay Citadel. Built upon the ruins of the ancient Alexandria Lighthouse.
With the Alexandria Tour, you will visit, amongst others, the ancient Pyramids and Sphinx, Memphis and Sakkara. You will experience Alexandria - the Pearl of the Mediterranean. Follow in the footsteps of the Pharaohs as you drift along Egypt's famous river on a Nile cruise and moor up beside stunning historic sites.
- Arrive at Cairo International Airport where you will be met by our representative who will assist you through immigration. Transfer by A/C deluxe coach to your hotel and check-in.
- Evening Sound and Light Performance at Pyramids.
- Overnight at your hotel in Cairo.
- After breakfast, enjoy a full day visit to Memphis, Sakkara, the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx.
- Overnight at your hotel in Cairo.
- After breakfast we have a full day tour to Alexandria in an air conditioned coach. (Cairo/Alexandria : 225 km)
- Visit the Bibliotheca, Cata Combs, Roman Amphitheater, Pompey's Pillar and National Museum.
- Return to Cairo for overnight at your hotel.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Overnight sleeper train
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double/twin room sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- NOTE: The Nile Cruise program is subject to change without prior notice due to navigational and security circumstances. Shore excursions and sailing hours are subject to change for reasons beyond cruise control; however, all shore visits will be respected.
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable
- Contact us for any other date of travel required