The Taste of Turkey Tour gives travelers a taste of some of the country’s most-loved highlights in Istanbul and.Cappadocia. Main attractions are (Istanbul) Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar and (Cappadocia) Goreme, Derinkuyu Underground City and the Devrent Valley and the three "Beauties"
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Istanbul. Transfer to your hotel|
|Day 2||Full Day Istanbul city tour|
|Day 3||Bosphorus cruise and flight to Cappadocia|
|Day 4||Underground cities and Goreme Open Air Museum|
|Day 5||Return flight to Istanbul. End of tour|
The fairytale destination of Cappadocia is located in the vast Anatolian plains. This destination is known for its impressive natural beauty and unique topography, as well as its expansive history, breathtaking panoramic views and numerous outdoor activities.
Take a short break in Istanbul and Cappadocia, Turkey. Discover the amazing city of Istanbul and explore the lunar landscape of Cappadocia. Don’t miss this short vacation in Turkey.
Istanbul – Arrival Day
- Meet at Istanbul airport for transfer to your hotel.
- You will be given your room key and the rest of the day is yours to explore Istanbul at your leisure.
- There are two airports in Istanbul.
- Istanbul Ataturk airport is 20 km away from city center and;
- Sabiha Gokcen airport is 55 km away from city center.
- Transfer from Ataturk airport to your hotel is included. If you arrive at Sabiha Gokcen airport please contact us for transfer rates.
Istanbul City Tour
- Pick up at 08:30 am from your hotel for a day tour of old Istanbul city.
- Visit St. Sophia; this ancient basilica; built by Constantine the Great in the 4th century and reconstructed by Justinian in the 6th century; is one of the architectural marvels of all time.
- Topkapi Palace; The great palace of the Ottoman sultans from the 15th to the 19th centuries housing an exquisite collection of crystal; silver; and Chinese porcelain; robes worn by the sultans and their families; the famous jewels of the Imperial Treasury; miniatures and the Holy Mantle; enshrining relics of the Prophet Mohammed.
- Sultanahmet Imperial Mosque; across from St. Sophia built in the 16th century by the architect Mehmet; is known as the Blue Mosque because of its magnificent interior decoration of blue Iznik tiles.
- The Ancient Hippodrome; the scene of chariot races; with the three monuments; the Obelisk of Theodosius; the bronze Serpentine Column and the Column of Constantine.
- Lunch break at 13:00 pm.
- Afterwards your tour guide will take you to the Grand Covered Bazaar; in this labyrinth of streets and passages are more than 4;000 shops with each trade having its own area: the goldsmiths' street; the carpet sellers; Turkish arts and crafts; such as hand painted ceramic plates; hand-honed copper-ware; brass-ware and trays; water ewers; onyx-ware and meerschaum pipes.
- After the tour; transfer to your hotel.
- Overnight in Istanbul.
Istanbul Bosphorus Cruise and Istanbul to Cappadocia
- After breakfast depart for Bosphorus Cruise tour.
- Enjoy a magical Istanbul Bosphorus Boat Cruise and Spice Market Tour starting at 08:30.
- Enjoy the array of sites you can see from the boat including Sp e Bazaar (Egyptian Bazaar).
- Bosphorus by Boat; is a traditional excursion by boat along the waterway separating Europe and Asia.
- Lunch break at a Turkish restaurant.
- After lunch, we depart for Istanbul Ataturk airport for our domestic flight to Izmir.
- Transfer from airport and check in to your hotel in Cappadocia.
- Overnight in Cappadocia.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic airfares (subject to change)
- 5 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Turkey visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 15 APR and 15 OCT 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable