DEPART FROM THE COSTA DEL SOL - Come enjoy this fantastic 2-day bus tour through 3 beautiful cities of Spain. Visit the Alhambra in Granada and the Imperial City of Toledo as you travel from Costa del Sol to Madrid.
At a glance
|Day 1||Leave Marbella for Granada. Visit Alhambra & Generalife|
|Day 2||Continue to Toledo (City tour) and arrive in Madrid.|
Experience the rich culture and beauty of historic Spain on this splendid two-day bus tour to three fascinating Spanish cities.
Granada is a city in southern Spain’s Andalusia region, in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains. It's known for grand examples of medieval architecture dating to the Moorish occupation, especially the Alhambra. This sprawling hilltop fortress complex encompasses royal palaces, serene patios, and reflecting pools. Dating from the Nasrid dynasty, as well as the fountains and orchards of the Generalife gardens.
The Alhambra is the most important and captivating monument of Muslim Spain. It is one of the most visited attractions in the country. The Alhambra brims with the wonderful heritage of the Nazari dynasty which you can uncover as you explore the Alcazaba, the Palace of Comares, and the Generalife Gardens.
Take an opportunity to visit the palaces of the Alhambra accompanied by an official guide who will tell you all the secrets, stories, legends, and artistic details. Admire the impressive Moorish architecture of the Nasrid Palaces and discover how the sultans lived during the height of their reign.
Toledo is an ancient city set on a hill above the plains of Castilla-La Mancha in central Spain. It is known for the medieval Arab, Jewish and Christian monuments in its walled old city. It was also the former home of Mannerist painter El Greco. The Moorish Bisagra Gate and the Sol Gate, in Mudéjar style, open into the old quarter. Here the Plaza de Zocodover is a lively meeting place.
Toledo is one of the oldest towns in Europe and the City of Three Cultures: Jewish, Christian and Muslim. This World Heritage Site city is a must visit in Spain.
In Toledo you will explore one of its most emblematic monuments, the impressive gothic Cathedral of Toledo. Inside the Cathedral you will admire a wide collection of famous paintings from Caravaggio or El Greco. You will discover the best preserved medieval stained glass and also learn about the history and the treasures that the Cathedral houses with the commentaries provided by your guide.
Madrid, Spain's central capital, is a city of elegant boulevards and expansive, manicured parks such as the Buen Retiro. It’s renowned for its rich repositories of European art, including the Prado Museum’s works by Goya, Velázquez and other Spanish masters. The heart of old Hapsburg Madrid is the portico-lined Plaza Mayor, and nearby is the baroque Royal Palace and Armory, displaying historic weaponry.
Costa del Sol – Granada
- Departure from Marbella (time to be confirmed) to Granada.
- Sightseeing tour including the impressive Alhambra with its beautiful Nazari Palaces and the Generalife.
- Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Granada.
- Optional visit to the caves of Sacromonte and attend a typical show of gypsy flamenco.
Granada – Toledo – Madrid
- After breakfast, depart to the Imperial City of Toledo; full of history and monuments.
- City sightseeing tour takes you through its narrow streets and alleys.
- We continue to Madrid.
- Arrive in Madrid and end of the services.
- Thank you for choosing Azure Travel for your Spain experience. We thank you for your patronage & look forward to serving you again in the near future.
- Transportation in deluxe AC vehicle with panoramic windows and maximum comfort and safety.
- Experienced multilingual and English-speaking tour conductors during the tour helping you with your accommodations and assuring you of a pleasant vacation.
- Sightseeing tours as indicated, with expert local guides and entrance fees to the monuments.
- Accommodation in selected hotels.
- Transportation of one baggage per person.
- Meal plan: as per itinerary.
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Spain Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- DEPARTURES: Wednesday - Friday and Sunday
- Rate valid for travel between 15 APR 18 and 31 MAR 19
- Seasonal supplements applicable for travel during JUL – AUG – SEP – OCT 18