Experience eight days of pure beauty on this Nile River cruise starting in Luxor and including stops in Edfu, Kom Ombo, and Aswan. Optional tour available to Abu Simbel. Your private guide will enhance this memorable - once in a lifetime experience.
Explore historic temples, ancient relics and quiet tombs of the Upper Nile in what may well be the most impressive outdoor museum on earth.
Selected guided shore excursions along the way to the Valley of the Kings, Karnak and Luxor Temples, Philae Temple in Aswan and Temples in Edfu and Kom Ombo
At a glance
|Day 1||Arrive Luxor. Meet and transfer to Cruise Liner|
|Day 2||Morning visit to the Temples of Karnak and Luxor|
|Day 3||West Bank: visit the Valley of Kings, Temple of Queen Hatshepsut and Colossi of Memnon|
|Day 4||Visit the Temple of Horus in Edfu. Sail to Aswan|
|Day 5||Morning tour to the High Dam, Unfinished Obelisk and Philae Temple|
|Day 6||Optional Abu Simbel tour. Sail to Kom Ombo with shore visit|
|Day 7||Cross the Esna lock and return to Luxor|
|Day 8||Cruise ends after breakfast. Transfer to Luxor Airport|
Arrive in Luxor and embarkation (L-D)
- Arrival, meet & assist by our representative & Check in at Nile Cruise.
- Afternoon free time to explore more of Luxor and the surroundings.
- Why not visit the fascinating Mummification Museum, or stroll along the Nile Corniche. Discover why Luxor has been called "the world's greatest outdoor museum" with a visit to one of Luxor's many temples or museums.
- In the evening travel by caleche (horse-drawn carriage) to watch the sound and light show at Karnak Temple
- Overnight in Luxor
- After breakfast, visit the Karnak Temple, a series of temples, built in different reigns.
- Starting by the Avenue of Sphinxes visit the Unfinished Propylon, the Hypostyle Hall with it's 134 gigantic columns, the Obelisks of Queen Hatshepsut and Tutomosis III, the temple of Amon adorned with lotus and papyrus designs, the Granite Scarbeus of Amenophis III and the Sacred Lake
- Afternoon at leisure
- Overnight in Luxor
Luxor - Esna ( B-L-D)
- Breakfast on board
- Visit the West Bank including Valley of the Kings (a valley in Egypt where for a period of nearly 500 years from the 16th to 11th century BC, tombs were constructed for the kings and powerful nobles of the New Kingdom (the Eighteenth through Twentieth Dynasties of Ancient Egypt).
- The valley stands on the west bank of the Nile, across from Thebes (modern Luxor), within the heart of the Theban Necropolis.), Colossi of Memnon (The two colossi are made of sandstone, which during ancient times was brought from Gabal El Silselah.
- Each colossus, including the pedestal and the crown, is about 21m tall and represents King Amenhotep III seating on his throne, wearing the Memes, or royal headdress, with the divine cobra protecting his forehead.
- On the sides of the colossi there is a representation of the Nile god Hapi, bending together the lotus and the papyrus plants, symbolizing the union of Upper and Lower Egypt) and Temple of Queen Hatshepsut (Hatshepsut was the fifth Pharaoh of the18th-dynasty who was one of the handful of female rulers in Ancient Egypt. Her reign was the longest of all the female pharaohs.
- Her funerary temple still stands as a tribute to her incredible rise to power.
- Lunch on board.
- Sail to Edfu
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Accommodation onboard selected Cruise Liners in a double/twin cabin sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Shore excursions with Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- Nile Cruise starts in Luxor on Mondays, Thursday and Saturdays
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- NOTE: The Nile Cruise program is subject to change without prior notice due to navigational and security circumstances. Shore excursions and sailing hours are subject to change for reasons beyond cruise control; however, all shore visits will be respected.
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable
- Contact us for any other date of travel required