Mention Turkey and visions of sultans and harems, amazing mosques, belly-dancers, ancient ruins, Gallipoli and the ANZAC campaign, stunning coasts spring to mind.
Enjoy first class service and guided tours through the historical and picturesque sites of Istanbul; The Battlefields of Gallipoli. The Trojan Horse of Troy and Pergamon, During your stay in Kusadasi, visit the ancient city of Ephesus.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Istanbul. Transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Full Day Istanbul tour|
|Day 3||Travel to Gallipoli and visit the famous battlefields|
|Day 4||Continue to Troy and Pergamum. Overnight in Kusadasi|
|Day 5||Full day Ephesus and Turkish Village tour|
|Day 6||Return flight to Istanbul. End of tour|
Rich in culture and customs and brimming with hospitality, natural beauty, and historical heritage. Turkey serves as a crossroads between Asia and Europe. The landmass known as Anatolia on which Turkey thrives has been home to numerous civilizations and their faiths and cultures. Attested by the 13 World Heritage Sites and countless religious sites you’ll find here. Relive the ancient world through the ruins, customs, and traditions that are among the nation’s most precious heritages.
Offering discovery and new experiences – we aim to find the balance between a well thought out itinerary which includes the key highlights and gives you plenty of spare time to do your own thing.
Many of these fully guided, escorted, tours start or finish in Istanbul. This means that you can explore Turkey at the beginning, in the middle or end of your holiday. Giving you the opportunity to make the most of your time away.
Istanbul Arrival Day
- Meet at the airport Transfer to your hotel.
- You will be given your room key and the rest of the day is yours to explore Istanbul.
- Overnight in Istanbul.
There are two airports in Istanbul.
- Istanbul Ataturk airport is 20 km away from city center and;
- Sabiha Gokcen airport is 55 km away from city center.
- Transfer from Ataturk airport to your hotel is included. If you arrive to Sabiha Gokcen airport please contact us for transfer rates.
Istanbul City Tour
- Pick up at 08:30 am from your hotel for a day tour of old Istanbul city.
- Visit the Topkapi Palace; the great palace of the Ottoman sultans from the 15th to the 19th centuries housing an exquisite collection of crystal; silver; and Chinese porcelain; robes worn by the sultans and their families; the famous jewels of the Imperial Treasury; miniatures and the Holy Mantle; enshrining relics of the Prophet Mohammed.
- Sultanahmet Imperial Mosque; across from St. Sophia built in the 16th century by the architect Mehmet; is known as the Blue Mosque because of its magnificent interior decoration of blue Iznik tiles.
- The Ancient Hippodrome; the scene of chariot races; with the three monuments; the Obelisk of Theodosius; the bronze Serpentine Column and the Column of Constantine.
- Lunch break at 13:00 pm.
- After lunch, the tour guide will then take you to theGrand Bazaar
- In this labyrinth of streets and passages are more than 4000 shops where each trade has its own area.
- The rest of the evening is yours to explore Istanbul.
- Overnight in Istanbul.
Istanbul to Gallipoli
- At 07:30 am we depart for Gallipoli to visit the battlefields.
- Enroute stop for 20 minutes to relax in a restaurant area.
- Arrive Gallipoli at around 12:00 am and we have lunch break; relax for a while before leaving for the battlefields.
- Visit the Gabatepe Museum, Ariburnu Cemetery, Anzac Cove, Beach Cemetery; Shrapnel Valley and Plugges Plateau.
- After the tour drive to your hotel.
- Overnight in Canakkale.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic Airfares (subject to conditions)
- 5 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Turkey Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 15 APR and 15 OCT 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable