Enjoy first class service and guided tours through the historical and picturesque sites of Istanbul. Followed by the battlefields of Gallipoli and the Trojan Horse of Troy. Pergamon Acropolis rises over the ruins of this once famous city. Spend a day in Ephesus before reaching the surreal white calcium hot pools of Pamukkale.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Istanbul. Transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Full Day Istanbul Tour|
|Day 3||Leave Istanbul and travel to Gallipoli for a visit to the battlefields|
|Day 4||Visit Troy and Pergamum. Overnight in Kusadasi|
|Day 5||Full day Ephesus and Turkish Village Tour|
|Day 6||Continue to the Thermal Bath city of Pamukkale|
|Day 7||Return flight to Istanbul. End of tour|
Step back in time...
Step back to a time when Sultans ruled this land and were surrounded by all the world's treasures. Explore a 'mezze' of East and West in mystical Turkey, from the Byzantine and Ottoman past of its capital, Istanbul, to the legendary city of Troy, ancient ruins of Ephesus, and the famous limestone cotton castles of Pamukkale.
With its pristine coastline and fascinating ancient cities, Turkey is fast becoming one of South Africa's most popular holiday destinations. A comfortable flight away is an exotic land of architectural wonders and natural beauty with a diverse cuisine inspired by the Mediterranean and Middle Eastern flavors.
The historic city of Istanbul is home to one of the world's great skylines. Dotted with incredible Byzantine and Ottoman churches and palaces. Whilst the ancient cities of Ephesus and Pergamum feature incredibly preserved Roman ruins of temples and amphitheaters.
Istanbul Arrival Day
- Meet at the airport Transfer to your hotel.
- You will be given your room key and the rest of the day is yours to explore Istanbul.
- Early check-in is subject to availability.
- Overnight in Istanbul.
There are two airports in Istanbul.
- Istanbul Ataturk airport is 20 km away from city center and;
- Sabiha Gokcen airport is 55 km away from city center.
- Transfer from Ataturk airport to your hotel is included. If you arrive at Sabiha Gokcen airport please contact us for transfer rates.
Istanbul City Tour
- Pick up at 08:30 am from your hotel for a day tour of old Istanbul city.
- Visit to TOPKAPI PALACE; The great palace of the Ottoman sultans from the 15th to the 19th centuries housing an exquisite collection of crystal, silver, and Chinese porcelain, robes worn by the sultans and their families, the famous jewels of the Imperial Treasury, miniatures, the Holy Mantle; enshrining relics of the Prophet Mohammed.
- SULTANAHMET IMPERIAL MOSQUE Across from St. Sophia built in the 16th century by the architect Mehmet, is known as the BLUE MOSQUE because of its magnificent interior decoration of blue Iznik tiles.
- HIPPODROME Ancient Hippodrome, the scene of chariot races, with the three monuments; the Obelisk of Theodosius, the bronze Serpentine Column and the Column of Constantine.
- Lunch break at 13:00 After lunch your Tour Guide will take you to the GRAND COVERED BAZAAR
- In this labyrinth of streets and passages are more than 4,000 shops with each trade having its own area: the goldsmiths' street, the carpet sellers, Turkish arts and crafts, such as hand painted ceramic plates, hand-honed copperware, brassware and trays, water ewers, onyx-ware and meerschaum pipes.
- After the tour, transfer to your hotel. Overnight in Istanbul.
Please Note: St. Sophia Museum is closed on Mondays, Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays and The Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays
Istanbul to Gallipoli
- At 07:30 am leave Istanbul for Gallipoli
- After two hours stop for a 20 minutes break in a restaurant area.
- Arrive in Gallipoli around 12:00 pm for lunch break.Then depart for the battlefields.
- Visit the Gabatepe Museum, the fields of Ariburnu Cemetery and Anzac Cove the Beach Cemetery; Shrapnel Valley and Plugge's Plateau.
- After the tour drive to your hotel in Canakkale.
- Overnight in Canakkale.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic Airfares (subject to conditions)
- 6 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Turkey Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 15 APR and 15 OCT 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable