The best tour of Turkey when you have limited time. Visit Istanbul - Kusadasi - Ephesus – Pamukkale and back to Istanbul by domestic flight.This an exquisite tour for you with all the bells and whistles.
No long bus rides just domestic flights getting you to your destination comfortable and relaxed.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Istanbul. Transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Full Day Istanbul Tour|
|Day 3||Bosphorus cruise and flight to Izmir/Kusadasi|
|Day 4||Full day Ephesus and Turkish Village Tour|
|Day 5||Depart for Pamukkale and tour the Calcium terraces|
|Day 6||Return flight to Istanbul. End of tour|
The religious and historical importance of the city of Ephesus shines through on this guided tour. As the place where Saint John wrote his Gospel and also where the world’s largest ancient library was built, the library of Celsus, visitors will enjoy retracing the steps of Roman citizens through the public bathhouse, terraced houses, amphitheater, and marketplace. The tour also includes a visit to the house of the Virgin Mary and one of the seven ancient wonders of the world, the Temple of Artemis.
Pamukkale means cotton castle. There are two reasons why the area is named as a cotton castle. One reason the white cliffs look like a castle made of white cotton, the other reason is that the area houses lots of cotton processing factories.
Natural thermal springs which have high density of chalk inside formed glacier looking terraces on the areas where flowed for thousands of years. It is a unique site, only to be found in Turkey
Ancient Hierapolis was founded by the Pergamon Kingdom. Due to the existence of thermal waters which healed people. Thousands of patients came to the area to get cured. The ones who were not able to be cured died and buried in the area. Today the site has the largest ancient necropolis. The number of thumbs like sarcophagi excavated is over 1600. The total number is expected to be over 3000. St. Philip the apostle lived in the city and martyred during the persecution time to the Christians. This is a must see site for travelers.
Istanbul Arrival Day
- Meet at the airport Transfer to your hotel.
- You will be given your room key and the rest of the day is yours to explore Istanbul.
- Early check-in is subject to availability.
- Overnight in Istanbul.
There are two airports in Istanbul.
- Istanbul Ataturk airport is 20 km away from city center and;
- Sabiha Gokcen airport is 55 km away from city center.
- Transfer from Ataturk airport to your hotel is included. If you arrive at Sabiha Gokcen airport please contact us for transfer rates.
Istanbul City Tour
- Pick up at 08:30 am from your hotel for a day tour of old Istanbul city.
- Visit St. Sophia; this ancient basilica; built by Constantine the Great in the 4th century and reconstructed by Justinian in the 6th century; is one of the architectural marvels of all time.
- Sultanahmet Imperial Mosque; across from St. Sophia; built in the 16th century by the architect Mehmet; is known as the Blue Mosque because of its magnificent interior decoration of blue Iznik tiles.
- The Ancient Hippodrome; the scene of chariot races; with the three monuments; the Obelisk of Theodosius; the bronze Serpentine Column and the Column of Constantine.
- Lunch break at 13:00 pm
- After lunch, the Tour Guide will take you to the Grand Covered Bazaar. In this labyrinth of streets and passages are more then than0 shops with each trade having its own area: the goldsmiths' street; the carpet sellers; Turkish arts and crafts; such as hand painted ceramic plates; hand-honed copper-ware; brass-ware and trays; water ewers; onyx-ware and meerschaum pipes.
- After the tour; transfer back to your hotel.
- Overnight in Istanbul.
Bosphorus Cruise and flight to Izmir
- After breakfast depart for the Bosphorus Cruise tour.
- Enjoy a magical Istanbul Bosphorus Boat Cruise and Spice Market Tour starting at 08:30.
- Enjoy the array of sites you can see from the boat including Spice Bazaar (Egyptian Bazaar).
- Bosphorus by Boat; a traditional excursion by boat along the waterway separating Europe and Asia.
- Lunch break at a Turkish restaurant.
- After lunch depart for Istanbul Ataturk airport for domestic flight to Izmir.
- Transfer from airport and check in to your hotel in Kusadasi.
- Dinner and overnight in Kusadasi.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic Airfares (subject to conditions)
- 5 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Turkey Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 15 APR and 15 OCT 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable