Morocco is a country where the colors are vivid, the contrasts are intense, and views are picturesque. This tour explores the area to the east of Marrakesh towards the vast and incredible Sahara desert.
At a glance
|Fri||Welcome to Marrakech. Transfer to your hotel|
|Sat||Travel to Ouarzazate via Telouet with visits to Kasbahs|
|Sun||Journey through palm groves to Zagora|
|Mon||Return to Marrakech via the Tizn Tichka pass|
|Tue||Tour ends with transfer to Marrakech Airport|
The tour departs Marrakesh and visits several ancient and impressive Kasbahs en-route to the town of Ouarzazate. From Ouarzazate guests will travel to Zagora on the edge of the Sahara desert, before heading back to Marrakesh through the mountains and over the Tizn Tichka Pass.
This tour travels between Morocco’s most famous cities with plenty of time to enjoy the beauty and culture of this fascinating country in between. Begin in enchanting Marrakech before traveling to Ouarzazate and Zagora with stops along the way of the Sahara to visit countless kasbahs and relics of Morocco’s imperial history and Berber culture. You will end up your Morocco vacation in Marrakech, the pearl of Morocco’s south.
Read the article on our blog about the top 10 places to go in Morocco
- Welcome to Marrakesh Menara airport by our representative.
- You will take delivery of your vouchers and your trip documents from our representative.
- Brief review of the tour during your transfer to the hotel for check in.
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel
Marrakesh – Ouarzazate (B-D)
- In the morning depart to Ouarzazate via the village of Telouet
- Visit of the Kasbah of Glaoui and the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou; the best preserved Kasbah in Morocco and under Unesco protection.
- Optional Lunch in Ait Ben Haddou.
- Then continue to Ouarzazate and visit of the Kasbah of Tiffeltout and Taouirt; as well as the famous film studios.
- Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Ouarzazate – Zagora (B-D)
- After breakfast travel to Taznakht; famous for its Berber carpets; then continuation southwards to Agdz where we join the road Ouarzazate-Zagora.
- From Agdz to Zagora the road is dotted with palm groves and numerous Kasbahs; most of them falling in ruins;but some are still worth a visit.
- In Zagora visit of the library of Tamgroute and the adjacent old Kasbah.
- Lunch at your own expense
- Dinner and accommodation at your hotel in Zagora; or upon request dinner and overnight under Berber tents in Tinfou (Must be requested when booking the tour) (the request has to be done upon reservation of the tour)
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Sightseeing tours and intercity transfers as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 4 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Moroccan visa fee
- Entrance fees
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 31 OCT 2018
- Seasonal supplements applicable for JUN-JUL-AUG-Last SAT of SEP and OCT