The Legendary Turkey Tour is for you. Enjoy first class service and guided transportation through the historical and picturesque sites. See Istanbul and the battlefields of Gallipoli. The Trojan Horse of Troy. Pergamon offers one of the Seven Churches of St John before reaching the ancient city of Ephesus. Visit the white calcium hot pools of Pamukkale. Experience beautiful views of the Mediterranean coast in Antalya and back to Istanbul by domestic flight.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Istanbul. Transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Full Day Istanbul Tour|
|Day 3||Depart for Gallipoli Battle Fields|
|Day 4||Visit Troy and Pergamon|
|Day 5||Full day Ephesus and Turkish Village Tour|
|Day 6||Leave for Pamukkale and tour the calcium terraces|
|Day 7||Travel to Antalya|
|Day 8||Antalya City and Waterfall tour|
|Day 9||Return flight to Istanbul. End of tour|
Meeting place of the Eastern and Western worlds, Turkey has always been a land of contrasts.
Cosmopolitan Istanbul stood at the head of the Byzantine Empire for a thousand years. Its Islamic successors, the Ottomans, ruled the Mediterranean and beyond for six centuries more.
This long Christian and Islamic history has left a legacy of historical sites. While Turkey's Mediterranean coastline has long been famous for its beaches and wild nightlife. Travel east into the interior, however, and a more traditional land unfolds where life moves slowly and the legendary Turkish hospitality lives on.
Classical ruins, Bazaars, Cuisine and more...
Turkey's teeming cityscapes, magnificent classical ruins, chaotic bazaars, and rich, complex cuisine testify to the country's unique position at the crossroads of Asia and Europe. Istanbul, astride the strategic Bosphorus Strait, has been the capital of three empires—Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman—and has the tile mosaics and dome-and-minaret skyline to prove it.
Ruins of legendary towns dotting Turkey's long Mediterranean coast—Aphrodisias, Ephesus, Bodrum, and Troy—preserve in stone the secrets of ancient civilizations. In sprawling bazaars, carpets, spices, silks and other exotic goods for sale reflect millennia-old trade routes still traversing the country.
Inland, even geologic wonders have cultural depth. The cascading mineral pools of Pamukkale once fed royal baths. And Turkey's food is revered as one of the world's great cuisines: chicken with apricots and almonds, slow-roasted eggplant with garlic and lemon, lamb shish kebab, honey pastries and lots of yogurts.
Istanbul Arrival Day
- Meet at the airport for transfer to your hotel.
- You will be given your room key and the rest of the day is yours to explore Istanbul.
There are two airports in Istanbul.
- Istanbul Ataturk airport is 20 km away from city center and;
- Sabiha Gokcen airport is 55 km away from city center.
- Transfer from Ataturk airport to your hotel is included. If you arrive at Sabata Gokcen airport please contact us for transfer rates.
Istanbul City tour
- Pick up at 08:30 am from your hotel for a day tour of old Istanbul city.
- Visit Topkapi Palace; the great palace of the Ottoman sultans from the 15th to the 19th centuries housing an exquisite collection of crystal; silver; and Chinese porcelain; robes worn by the sultans and their families; the famous jewels of the Imperial Treasury; miniatures; the Holy Mantle; enshrining relics of the Prophet Mohammed.
- Sultanahmet Imperial Mosque; across from St. Sophia built in the 16th century by the architect Mehmet; is known as the Blue Mosque because of its magnificent interior decoration of blue Iznik tiles.
- The Ancient Hippodrome; the scene of chariot races; with the three monuments; the Obelisk of Theodosius; the bronze Serpentine Column and the Column of Constantine.
- Lunch break at 13:00 pm.
- Afterwards, your tour guide will take you to the Spice Bazaar (Egyptian Bazaar).The air here is filled with the enticing aromas of cinnamon; caraway; saffron; mint; thyme and every other conceivable herb and spice
- The rest of the evening is yours to explore Istanbul
- Overnight in Istanbul.
- At 07:30 am depart for Gallipoli to visit the battlefields.
- A Coffee break is taken after two hours in a restaurant area.
- We arrive in Gallipoli at around 12:00 pm for lunch; relax a little and depart for the battlefields.
- Visit Gabatepe Museum, the Ariburnu Cemetery, Anzac Cove, Beach Cemetery; Shrapnel Valley and Plugge's Plateau.
- After the tour drive to your hotel.
- Overnight in Canakkale.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic Airfares (subject to conditions)
- 8 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Turkey Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 15 APR and 15 OCT 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable