A 21 days Private Vietnam Discovery tour is a once in a lifetime opportunity getting to know the country that has such staggering beauty; yet not forgetting its past. Starting in the North and slowly making your way to the South. You will do a gentle bike tour, visiting ancient cities, cultural & natural heritage sites. Staying on beautiful beaches, glide across emerald waters on board a cruise boat, visit caves with numerous of stalactites. Travel overnight on a train, trekking to islands, crawling through tunnels and exploring the Mekong Delta. An Amazing adventure awaits you.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Hanoi. Transfer to your hotel|
|Day 2||Hanoi city tour|
|Day 3||Dong Ngac Cultural Village. Sleeper train to Lao Cai|
|Day 4||Travel up the impressive mountains to Sapa|
|Day 5||Visit Lao Chai village & overnight train to Hanoi|
|Day 6||Drive through the Red River Delta to Ha Long Bay|
|Day 7||Return to Hanoi & Flight to Hue|
|Day 8||Hue City tour & cruise down the Perfume River|
|Day 9||Set out on a spectacular drive to Hoi An|
|Day 10||Hoi An Free & Easy|
|Day 11||Explore Hoi An and a Cooking Class experience|
|Day 12||Short flight to Nha Trang|
|Day 13||Free time in Nha Trang|
|Day 14||Free time in Nha Trang|
|Day 15||Free time in Nha Trang|
|Day 16||Flight to Saigon|
|Day 17||Saigon City tour|
|Day 18||Cu Chi Tunnels – Cao Dai Temple tour|
|Day 19||Visit Can Tho, Unicorn Island and arrive in Can Tho|
|Day 20||Tour the floating markets of Phong Dien. Return to Saigon|
|Day 21||Last Day in Vietnam. Transfer to Saigon Airport|
Vietnam is one of the most beautiful countries in the world and one of the most exciting tourist destination. From the chaotic vibrancy of Saigon and Hanoi to the peace and tranquillity of Halong Bay. The serene, scenic harmony of Sapa to the astonishing Mekong Delta will enthrall and delight you. The cuisine and cultural history coupled with its amazing people will keep you coming back for more.
The chaotic streets of Hanoi with motorbikes piled high and people everywhere are all part of the Vietnamese experience. Enjoy the atmosphere, explore the streets, or chill out with a cup of coffee in a rooftop café.
With its Citadel and Forbidden Purple City, Hue is ideal for those who enjoy history. This is a place full of Imperial Vietnamese sights. Why not sail down the Perfume River on a dragon boat and enjoy the scenery from the water.
If you like shopping, you will love Hoi An. This town is full of tailors and shoemakers as well as many different crafts for sale. Explore the old town, get a suit made to measure, and enjoy browsing the many shops and stalls in Hoi An.
The beaches at Nha Trang are the perfect place to relax after touring Vietnam. Enjoy snorkeling and scuba diving or simply relaxing on the sandy shoreline.
Ha Long Bay
Halong Bay with its karst towers and misty early morning appearance are unforgettable. This is one of the most photographed coastal scenes in Vietnam and is a must-see on any visit to the country.
Ho Chi Ming
Many people still call this city Saigon. Today it is full of markets, skyscrapers, temples, and is a good way to mix old and traditional with the new in Vietnam.
Vietnam has many ethnic groups, many of whom are in the north of the country. At Sapa, trekking into the hills with an overnight stay is the best way to see these people. From the Black Hmong to the Zay and the Blue, the encounters are a real highlight of Vietnam.
Life on the Mekong is fascinating with floating markets, islands and rice paddies and also home to many locals. Taking a boat trip to an island and watch the world go by is a wonderful way to watch life in the Delta
- Upon your arrival; you will be met by our representative who will assist you through immigration. Transfer to the hotel; and check-in
- Overnight at your hotel in Hanoi.
Hanoi City Tour (B)
- This morning we embark on a an exhilarating and unforgettable Xich Lo ride through the charming; yet bustling; 36 Street Old Quarter to Ba Dinh Square where we disembark to explore Ho Chi Minh’s Quarter.
- Hanoi is well known for its history; architecture; charm; tranquility and cuisine. Our first visit is to the most well respected site of Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum which includes the Presidential Palace; One Pillar Pagoda and Ho Chi Minh Museum.
- We meet our bus for a short journey to visit the infamous Hanoi Hilton Prison and the 11th century Temple of Literature; Hanoi’s first University.
- After our exciting adventures we have all worked up a hunger! We cross the street for lunch (pay yourself) at famous Koto restaurant.
- In the afternoon; we drive approximately 25 minutes to the Ethnology Museum.
- Here you will learn of the traditional cultures of 54 different ethnic minority groups in Vietnam through articles; stories; displays of traditional houses; costumes; hunting equipment and many more wares used in day to day life.
- Enjoy the famous traditional Water Puppets Show in the evening.
- Overnight at your hotel in Hanoi.
Dong Ngac Cultural Village (with country bike – Full day tour) – Lao Cai by Train (B/L)
- This morning; you will arrive in the village where you will embark on an interesting market tour.
- At the local market you will have the chance to experience the bustling market and local life; your tour guide will show you and help you to purchase the some offering for families we visit.
- Take a short walk from Dong Ngac market to the hosting family’s house for a welcome drink and get ready for the biking around the Village
- Start biking and venture deeper into the village: Visit Dong Ngac Communal House; the grounds and architecture of which are built in the shape of a dragon; the oldest house in the village belongs to the Do family and is more than 300 years old or the Nguyen family with a house given by the King.
- Passing by the oldest school in the Village built in 1921
- Back to the hosting family; it is time for your private cooking demonstration. After watching your host then practice yourself and then the best part of all; try your dishes! After all your efforts you can reward yourself and rest back into some reclining chairs in the fragrant retreat of your hosts village garden. All too soon it is mid-afternoon and time to say good bye to your new friends.
- Continue your bicycle trip to Lien Mac village; a beautiful vegetable and flower growing area. We have chance to join the farming activities and interact with local people.
- Cycle back to Dong Ngac for catching your Van back to Hanoi
- Arrive back to Hanoi in late afternoon
- We return to the center Hanoi for some time at leisure before our exciting overnight train journey to Lao Cai.
- Overnight on board the train to Lao Cai.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Domestic Airfares (subject to conditions)
- 20 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4* - 5*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Vietnam Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable