Ho Chi Minh City, formerly known as Saigon, was known as the pearl of Indochina before the war. It remains a bustling city with many historical attractions today.
The Southern Vietnam Explorer tour includes the main attractions in Ho Chi Minh City. Enjoy a visit to the fascinating Cu Chi tunnels, a boat trip on the Mekong Delta and the palm beaches of Mui Ne.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Saigon. Transfer to your hotel|
|Day 2||Saigon City Tour and Cu Chi Tunnels|
|Day 3||Travel to Can Tho. Explore part of the Mekong River|
|Day 4||Visit the floating markets of Phong Dien. Return to Saigon|
|Day 5||Leave for the magnificent sandy beauties of Mui Ne|
|Day 6||Day free in Mui Ne|
|Day 7||Return to Saigon|
|Day 8||Last Day in Vietnam. Transfer to Saigon Airport|
Vietnam’s color, chaos, and natural beauty bring a new adventure every day. Feel your senses come alive as you sail through the crazy floating markets.
Visit the other-worldly villages of Sapa and sail on majestic Halong Bay. Vietnam’s food, people, sights and its history will keep even the most seasoned traveler coming back for more.
Begin in the dynamic city of Ho Chi Minh City where you become acquainted with the Vietnamese lifestyle.
Learn about the country’s history at the War Remnants Museum, the Cu Chi Tunnels & the former battlefield at Long Tan.
Be amazed by the diverse culture as you travel south to the mighty Mekong River on an overnight cruise. Finish this trip in Can Tho – the Mekong Delta’s biggest city.
The south of Vietnam enjoys a culture distinctly different from the rest of the country. Exploration of the Mekong Delta, from your base in Ho Chi Minh City, offers insight into an agrarian culture that is quickly modernizing while remaining true to its history. Afterwards, move on to Mui Ne and spend a few lazy days snorkeling and lounging on the beach.
There’s more to Vietnam than meets the eye, from hidden highland villages to intricate underground tunnels,
Join us on an exploration of Southern Vietnam and uncover a country filled with intrigue, rich culture and an eclectic mix of Eurasian cuisine. Encounter the extraordinary war remnants of Ho Chi Minh City.
- You will be met by our representative who will assist you through immigration. Transfer to the hotel; and check-in.
- Overnight at your hotel in Saigon.
Saigon City Tour and Cu Chi Tunnels (B)
- We set out this morning to explore Saigon City; from Central Saigon to Chinatown; providing a general overview of this fascinating city with its history and culture.
- We explore the historical sights of the Reunification Palace; the home and workplace of the President of South Vietnam during the Vietnam War; The War Remnants Museum; Notre Dame Cathedral (built in 1877) and the City’s Post Office.
- Our drive to Cu Chi Tunnels is around 70km.
- The famous Cu Chi Tunnel system was created to assist the Vietnamese Revolutionists against the French in 1948. It was an underground city with living areas; kitchens; storage; weapons factories; field hospitals; command centers etc and in certain areas; housed up to 10;000 people; who virtually lived underground for years.
- After a video introduction and a guided tour through the grounds; take part in a unique experience of guerrillas living underground during the war; with a crawl through 20/30/50 meters of the tunnel system.
- Overnight at your hotel in Saigon.
Saigon – Can Tho (B/L)
- Today we head to Can Tho; to explore part of the Mekong River.
- On arrival board a local boat and cruise along the Mekong River observing the local fishing port; where hundreds of fishing boats anchor to unload fresh fish.
- We disembark on Unicorn Island; where we experience how the local people make their living from fruit trees.
- A family on the island will serve us local seasonal fruits and honey tea whilst performing traditional southern music; called Tai Tu music.
- We continue our exploration with a pleasant rowing trip down small canals and dense palm trees; experiencing the local villages between the islands to a small islet.
- We disembark and take a short walk through a local village set amongst a peaceful atmosphere and fruit trees and witness the unusual yet fascinating process of coconut candy in the making.
- After filling up on coconut candy; we stroll through a local village to a family home and tantalize our taste buds with a magnificent seafood lunch prepared by the family; with a unique experience of tasting local delicacies including ‘Elephant Ear fish’ and traditional Vietnamese rice wine.
- We continue our journey to Vinh Long where we meet our vehicle for an hour drive and a smooth ferry ride across the Mekong; taking us to Can Tho.
- Overnight at your hotel in Can Tho
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 7 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4*-5*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Vietnam Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAY and 30 SEP 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable