This Tour will take you to the 4 Imperial Cities of the country's former empire in 8 days. Beginning in Casablanca, and then heading north to Rabat. We continue into the interior of the Northern Atlas Mountains to visit the medieval city of Fez. We will see many fascinating historical sites on the way. Move on to explore enchanting Marrakesh before you return to Casablanca for departure.
At a glance
|Sat||Welcome to Casablanca. Transfer to your hotel|
|Sun||City tour and onwards to Rabat. Visit its major sites|
|Mon||Visit Meknes and Volubilis. Overnight in Fes|
|Tue||Full day tour of Fes|
|Wed||Travel along the Atlas Mountains to Marrakech|
|Thu||Historical Marrakech and Djemaa El Fna tour|
|Fri||Afternoon departure for Casablanca|
|Sat||Tour ends with transfer to Casablanca Airport|
The historical and cultural wonders of Morocco are waiting on this journey to some of the kingdom's most legendary cities. From the cosmopolitan centers of Casablanca and Fes to historic Marrakesh and the Roman ruins of Volubilis. This 8-day tour gives you a deep new insight into the country.
The Romans, Persians and Ancient Greeks have all had an influence on this crazy mish-mash of cultures. Exploring these regions offers world wonders and dazzling landscapes.
The Imperial Cities
Fes, Marrakech, Rabat and Meknes are the Imperial cities of Morocco. Each one is or was the capital of one or more dynasties. Fes was the capital of Idrisid, Marinid, Wattadis and Alaouite. Marrakech of Almoravid, Almohad and Saadian. Rabat is currently the capital city.
When a Moroccan dynasty chooses his residence in Fez, Marrakech, Rabat or Meknes, the city became the capital is adorned with monuments (palaces, mosques, mausoleums) that reflect the prestige of the prince in the eyes of his contemporaries and history. World of grandeur, refinement and luxury, the royal city is a mythical universe which inspires medieval authors legendary images.
- Welcome at Mohammed V airport by the tour representative.
- Delivery of your vouchers and the documents of your trip.
- Brief review of the tour during your transfer to the hotel.
- Check-in at your hotel.
- Dinner (Restaurant closes at 10:30 pm no dinner served in the room )
- Overnight at your hotel in Casablanca
Casablanca - Rabat (B-D)
- Visit of the economic capital of Morocco: the central market; the Habous district; the Royal Palace; the Mohamed V square; the residential area of Anfa and the exterior of the impressive Hassan II Mosque .
- Continue to Rabat the Administrative capital of the country.
- City tour of the Royal Palace; (Mechouar); the Oudaya Kasbah; the Mohamed V mausoleum; the Hassan Tower.
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Rabat
Rabat - Meknes - Fez (B-D)
- Depart for Meknes and visit the Ismalian capital; famous for its 40 km long walls; see the Bab Mansour; the Royal stables and the Jewish quarter.
- Travel to the impressive ruins of the Roman city of Volubilis via the holy city of Moulay Idriss.
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Fez.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Sightseeing tours and intercity transfers as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 7 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Moroccan visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- MAY 2018: 5 - 12 - 19 - 26
- SEP 2018: 1 - 8 - 15 - 22
- Seasonal supplements applicable for JUN-JUL-AUG-Last SAT of SEP and OCT