Jordan Highlight Tour is perfect if you want to discover stunning landscapes, fascinating ancient cities and the mystical Dead Sea. Jordan is an easily accessible country and its world-famous sights are situated relatively close together. Add to this the tremendous hospitality of its people and it's easy to see why it is so special.
At a glance
|Wed||Welcome to Amman. Visit Jerash. Overnight in Amman|
|Thu||Travel on Kings Way to Petra, with a stop in Madaba|
|Fri||Petra: full day tour|
|Sat||Experience the Wadi Rum. Return to Amman.|
> Weekly departures from Amman on Wednesday
> Walk through the massive Forum's oval collonade in Jerash
> Visit the Ajloun Castle originally built during the 12th century
> Stop at Mt Nebo, the place where Moses saw the Promised Land
> Tour Petra also known as the rose-red city dating back to 300 BC
- Meet at Queen Alia International Airport for assistance with Jordanian immigration and customs formalities or you can join this tour in Amman.
- Drive to Jerash; the best-preserved city of Roman times; to visit its theaters; temples; churches and colonnaded streets.
- Then continue to Ajloun to tour the 12th century Saracen Castle built by one of Saladins lieutenants in the campaign against the Crusaders.
- Overnight at your hotel in Amman.
Amman – Petra (B)
- Drive southwards along the Kings Way to Petra; visiting Madaba with the oldest map of the Holy Land; and its Mosaic School.
- Then onto Mt. Nebo and the alleged burial site of Moses overlooking the Dead Sea and the Jordan Valley.
- Then drive through the magnificent scenery of Wadi Mujib to Kerak to visit the Crusader Castle.
- We stop for optional lunch.
- Overnight at the hotel in Petra
- A full day to visit the many sites of Petra.
- Petra is a city that was carved into the rose-red Sharah Mountains by the Nabateans and lost to Civilization until re-discovered by the Swiss Burkhardt.
- Walk through the Siq; a narrow and winding fissure between the cliffs; to reach the Treasury; the Roman Theater; the Courts; Qasr Bint Pharaoun; Temple of the Winged Lion and other monuments.
- We stop for a break for an optional lunch; or you may wish to climb up to the Monastery.
- Overnight at your hotel in Petra.
- Tour starts on a Wednesday in Amman
- Meet and assist on arrival by our local representative
- Sightseeing tours and intercity transfers as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 3 Nights’ Accommodation at selected hotels in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Jordan visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAR 19 to 28 FEB 20
Contact us for any other travel date required
Discover Jordan's rich inheritance from bygone civilizations as you visit the must-see icons of this beautiful country. On this leisurely paced tour we will visit the Roman Jerash, Mount Nebo and Kerak. The ‘Rose Red City’ of Petra must be the highlight of the tour. Subsequently you will be able to explore this fantastic place carved into the rock thousands of years ago.
Jerash is one of the best kept secrets – just an hour from the country's capital, Amman. It is one of the largest and best preserved Roman sites. To this day, its paved and colonnaded streets, hilltop temples and impressive theatres remain in exceptional condition. From here journey south along the scenic King's Highway, visit the mosaics of Madaba and the impressive crusader castle of Karak.
Thereafter we continue south to Petra, often desribed as the eighth wonder of the ancient world. Although much has been written about Petra, nothing really prepares you for its size and beauty until you see it for yourself. Undoubtedly the highlight of any trip is the 'Rose Red City' of Petra. With its stone-cut architecture behind a small fissure in the mountains, is simply unmissable.