This 3 day tour gives you a chance to see the Jordanian countryside and spend a day in Petra. The famous Rose Red city carved out of rock, and a 'must see' on any trip to Jordan.
At a glance
|Thu||Leave your hotel and travel to Petra with a stop in Madaba|
|Fri||Petra: full day tour|
|Sat||Experience the Wadi Rum. Return to Amman.|
> Travel southwards on the Kings Highway swooping over high ridges with views of the Dead Sea
> Visit the fabled “Red Rose City” Petra with breathtaking tombs and temples carved into pink sandstone cliffs
> Tour Wadi Rum in a 4x4 vehicle – it will make you feel as if you are travel on a lunar landscape
This tour is a great option for seeing the most significant sites in Jordan on a 3 day journey.
On the first day and starting from Amman, we will visit the Crusader Castle of Shobak. Afterwards, we continue to visit the Biblical sites of Madaba with the oldest Mosaic map of the region from 500 A.D. Thereafter, Mount Nebo where Moses looked upon the Promised Land, and is believed to be buried there. We then drive through the magnificent scenery of Wadi Mujib on our way to Petra.
On the second day, a visit one of the “new” Wonders of the World, Petra. This is the crown jewel of Jordan's historical heritage, and is one of the most impressive feats of engineering in human civilizations. Guests will stay in Petra for the night.
On the Third day, we visit the famous Wadi Rum Desert and enjoy a short ride in a 4x4 vehicle, with its awesome moon-like landscape, it is here where the film “Lawrence of Arabia” was shot.
Amman – Petra
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Amman.
- Drive southwards along the Kings’ Way to Petra.
- Visit Madaba with the oldest map of the Holy Land; and its Mosaic school; Mt. Nebo and burial site of Moses overlooking the Dead Sea and the Jordan Valley.
- Continue through the magnificent scenery of Wadi Mujib to Kerak to visit the Crusader Castle.
- Stop for optional lunch.
- Overnight at your hotel on Petra.
- A full day to visit the many sites of Petra.
- Petra is a city that was carved into the rose-red Sharah Mountains by the Nabateans and lost to Civilization until re-discovered by the Swiss Burkhardt.
- Walk through the Siq; a narrow and winding fissure between the cliffs; to reach the Treasury; the Roman Theatre; the Courts; Qasr Bint Pharaoun; Temple of the Winged Lion and other monuments.
- Optional lunch break; or you may wish to climb up to the Monastery.
- Overnight at your hotel in Petra.
Petra – Amman (B)
- Visit the Wadi Rum Desert (a short ride in a 4 x 4 vehicle) with its awesome moon-like landscape; where the film “Lawrence of Arabia” was shot.
- Transfer to Amman and end of services.
- Thank you for choosing Azure Travel for your Jordan experience. We value your patronage & look forward to serving you again in the near future.
- Starts on a Thursday in Amman
- Sightseeing tours and intercity transfers as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 2 Nights’ Accommodation (3*- 4*) in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Jordan visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 APR and 28 FEB 2019
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable