Jordan Crusader Tour. This 3-day tour gives you a chance to see a country steeped in history. Depart from your hotel in Amman for Petra, set deep inside a narrow street. Travel on 5000 years old the King's Highway to Madaba. Here two Million mosaic stones portray hills, valleys and towns as far as the Nile River. Spend a day in Petra. The famous Rose Red city carved out of a rock, and a 'must see' on any trip to Jordan.
At a glance
|Thu||Leave your hotel and travel to Petra with a stop in Madaba|
|Fri||Petra: full day tour|
|Sat||Experience the Wadi Rum. Return to Amman.|
> Travel southwards on the Kings Highway swooping over high ridges with views of the Dead Sea
> Visit the fabled “Red Rose City” Petra with breathtaking tombs and temples carved into pink sandstone cliffs
> Tour Wadi Rum in a 4x4 vehicle – it will make you feel as if you are travel on a lunar landscape
Amman – Petra
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Amman.
- Drive southwards along the Kings’ Way to Petra.
- Visit Madaba with the oldest map of the Holy Land; and its Mosaic school; Mt. Nebo and burial site of Moses overlooking the Dead Sea and the Jordan Valley.
- Continue through the magnificent scenery of Wadi Mujib to Kerak to visit the Crusader Castle.
- Stop for optional lunch.
- Overnight at your hotel on Petra.
- A full day to visit the many sites of Petra.
- Petra is a city that was carved into the rose-red Sharah Mountains by the Nabateans and lost to Civilization until re-discovered by the Swiss Burkhardt.
- Walk through the Siq; a narrow and winding fissure between the cliffs; to reach the Treasury; the Roman Theatre; the Courts; Qasr Bint Pharaoun; Temple of the Winged Lion and other monuments.
- Optional lunch break; or you may wish to climb up to the Monastery.
- Overnight at your hotel in Petra.
Petra – Amman (B)
- Visit the Wadi Rum Desert (a short ride in a 4 x 4 vehicle) with its awesome moon-like landscape; where the film “Lawrence of Arabia” was shot.
- Transfer to Amman and end of services.
- Thank you for choosing Azure Travel for your Jordan experience. We value your patronage & look forward to serving you again in the near future.
- Starts on a Thursday in Amman
- Sightseeing tours and intercity transfers as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 2 Nights’ Accommodation at selected hotels in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Jordan visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 MAR 19 - 28 FEB 20
Contact us for any other travel date required
Best time to go
Jordan’s climate depends on the elevation you will be. Springtime is the best time for visiting Amman and Northern Jordan. Summer time’s temperature (June-July-August) are high to extremely high, especially in the Wadi Rum and the Dead Sea area. December to February (winter) will have chilly mornings and nights. However, Aqaba at the Red Sea will have very pleasant days during these months
Jordan food & drink
The local cuisine is typically Middle Eastern which includes freshly made yogurt and cheese. Aubergines, chickpeas, lentils and beans are often the basis of a meal as well as Khoubs (flatbread). Alcohol is served in Restaurants/Bards except during the month of Ramadan. Black and herbal teas are the standard drink in Jordan
In principle, a 10% service charge is added to Restaurant bills. All other tips will be at your discretion
Getting around in Jordan
Car rental is a popular way of getting around the country. Local buses go throughout the country, BUT, they do not have a set timetable an will not leave till the bus is full. Taxis in Jordan come cheap and a 20-minute ride should cost you not more than USD 5.00
Culture and Language
A handshake in Jordan is the most common way to greet a person. Jordan, as the other countries in the Middle East, pride themselves on hospitality. Visitors receive a warm welcome when arriving in the country. Arabic is the official language, but English is widely spoken especially in the main cities. Attempting to learn a few Arabic words will gain you the respect from the locals. Never discuss politics
Mansaf: a dish of tender meat layered with paper-thin flatbread and aromatic rice
Falafel: crisp balls shaped from spiced chickpeas
Kanufa: Pastry layers topped with tangy cheese or cream and a popular dessert dish
Maqluba: A dish of rice, chicken, potatoes and vegetables which has been simmered for a long time at a low temperature
Zaarb: a traditional hearty meal eaten under the stars. Marinated meat mixed with chunks of vegetables and baked in a pit lined with hot coals and covered over by sand
On the first day and starting from Amman, we will visit the Crusader Castle of Shobak. Afterward, continue to visit the Biblical sites of Madaba with the oldest Mosaic map of the region from 500 A.D. Thereafter, Mount Nebo where Moses looked upon the Promised Land, an is believed to be buried there. We then drive through the magnificent scenery of Wadi Mujib on our way to Petra.
On the second day, a visit one of the “new” Wonders of the World, Petra. This is the crown jewel of Jordan's historical heritage, and is one of the most impressive feats of engineering in human civilizations. Guests will stay in Petra for the night.
On the Third day, we visit the famous Wadi Rum Desert and enjoy a short ride in a 4x4 vehicle, with its awesome moon-like landscape, it is here where the film “Lawrence of Arabia” was shot.