Ultimate Israel and Jordan tour package providing an all-around introduction to Israel and Jordan. This is a versatile tour which features a vast number of sites, sounds and Israel and Jordan.
The standard itinerary for this tour includes Jerusalem, Caesarea, Haifa, Akko, Rosh Hanikra, Petra, the Galilee, Wadi Rum, Aqaba, Golan Heights, as well as the Dead Sea and Masada.
To read the full itinerary scroll down for day-by-day travel details
We are confident that this 10 day Israel and Jordan package tour is unrivaled in value for money, content, and happy memories, our customers certainly believe
At a glance
|Day 1||Arrive Tel Aviv. Shuttle transfer to your hotel in Tel Aviv|
|Day 2||Travel north and visit the Golan Heights|
|Day 3||Visit Nazaret, Capernaum and the Yardenit Baptism site|
|Day 4||Travel to Caesarea, Mount Carmel, Akko and arrive in Jerusalem|
|Day 5||Tour includes: Mt Scopus, Via Dolorosa and Church of the Holy Sepulchre|
|Day 6||Full day Massada and the Dead Sea|
|Day 7||Free day in Tel Aviv|
|Day 8||Travel to Petra, the Rose City|
|Day 9||Wadi Rum, Aqaba and return to Tel Aviv via Eila|
|Day 10||Services end with transfer to Tel Aviv Airport|
> Daily departures
> Professional English speaking guides during tour days
> Visit Jesus's hometown Nazareth
> Admire the ancient sites of Cesarea, built by King Herod
> Tour Akko, the Crusader port with its bustling markets
> Experience stunning views over Jerusalem
> Drive through the Judean desert to the lowest point on earth
> See one of the Seven Wonders of the World - Petra
> Take a Jeep safari in Wadi Rum, let by a local Bedouin guide
Best time to go
Spring (April and May) and autumn (September and October) are the best time to visit Israel when temperatures are pleasantly mild throughout the country.
Israel food & drink
Food in Israel is of high quality, and of course and varies dramatically in price. Tel Aviv, Israel’s undeniable culinary capital, top restaurants are expensive, even by European standards, but most restaurants across the country are reasonable when you consider the quality and portion sizes. A main dish will cost around 15 USD. Street food is good and reasonably priced. Limonana is a refreshing non-alcoholic drink made up of icy lemonade and crushed mint leaves. Goldstar is a refreshing lager beer and can be found in every store and restaurants
Culture and Language
Israelis are very casual but are typically blunt and direct in speech, which could be interpreted as being rude. The expression “shalom” is very often used to say hello. Dress code is casual, but, when visiting holy sites modest clothing is required. Smoking is considered a violation on Shabbat. There will be a sign at your hotel or restaurant to remind you of the same. Do not ignore it. Hebrew and Arabic are the official languages however English is widely spoken and used on street signs
Taxis in Israel can easily be hailed on the streets. They are metered and a concierge at your hotel will arrange a taxi at a set rate for your next destination. Drivers are friendly and talkative and will freely discuss any topic. Make sure that your driver is familiar with your end destination. Egged is the largest bus Company in Israel. Tel Aviv boasts a convenient bus system, Look out for the DAN buses in town and the Egged coach on the outskirts of the city. You can buy multiple passes or a day pass. Busses do not run on Shabbat and Jewish Holidays. Car rental may also be an option of getting around the country. Highways are modern and well maintained. Signage is in English. Street parking is free unless indicated by a “No parking” sign or a curb marked with red and yellow.
The basic rule is 12-15% in restaurants and cafes. This is often added to your bill. If you join a group tour, plan on tipping between $ 10-12 per person per day for the guide and around $ 5 for the driver
Borekas: pastries filled with cheese, potatoes, or vegetables.
Baba Ganoush: a tangy eggplant spread
Falafel: deep fried chickpea balls, often served in pita bread
Hummus: mashed chickpea spread, hummus can be served in many ways and is a staple in Israeli households
Shwarma: Sliced grilled meat served in a pita bread with salad
Arrival day in Israel
- Shuttle transfer to your hotel in Tel Aviv
- Check in to your hotel in Tel Aviv, and rest after your journey or head out at your leisure to enjoy the ‘White City’ with its vibrant beaches, cafe-culture, or world-class culinary scene.
- Overnight in Tel Aviv
Golan Heights (B)
- Pickup from your hotel in Tel Aviv and travel to Northern Israel’s most beautiful region
- Enjoy a view of Mt Megiddo, overlooking the Jezreel Valley, the Valley of the Armageddon
- Ascend to the Golan Heights, the highest region of Israel
- See an overview of the triangular border region
- Visit the ancient synagogue of Katzrin
- From Mount Bental, see a view of the Quneitra Valley and stop at former Syrian fortifications. Learn about the Six Day War and Israel’s History
- Overnight in Tel Aviv
Sea of Galilee (B)
- Departing from Tel Aviv, head north on your way to Nazareth
- Tour the hometown of Jesus, Nazareth, visiting the Church of the Annunciation and St Joseph.
- Drive through Cana and pass the Church of the Multiplication.
- Visit Capernaum and see the Mount Beatitude on the shores of the Sea of Galilee.
- See the River Jordan at the famous Yardenit Baptism Site on the Jordan River.
- Overnight in Tel Aviv
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and intercity transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double/twin room sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Border taxes
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- The rate is valid for travel between 01 SEP - 31 OCT 18
- Seasonal supplements applicable for travel between
09 -13SEP 18 and 23 SEP - 31 OCT 18
- In high season accommodation in Jerusalem may occasionally be exchanged with accommodation in Bethlehem
- Contact us for any other date of travel required