Heritage of the Holy Land and Jordan in 11 days. The tour provides the best all-around introduction to Israel and Jordan. This is a versatile tour which features a huge number of sites, sounds and Israel and Jordan experiences in a short space of time. One of our most popular Israel tours and includes everything – airport transfer upon arrival, accommodation in standard hotels, air-conditioned transportation, entry to tens of sites, breakfasts, and a fully licensed and experienced tour guides. This tour is available to start every Thursday of the year The program includes the Sea of Galilee, Masada and the Dead Sea, Jerusalem, Amman, Mount Nebo, Petra, Wadi Rum. We are confident that this Israel and Jordan package tour is unrivaled in value for money, content, and happy memories.
At a glance
|THU||Welcome to Tel Aviv. Transfer to hotel|
|FRI||Jaffa - Caesarea - Megiddo - Tiberias|
|SAT||Capernaum - Tabgha - Golan Heights|
|SUN||Nazareth - Cana - Beit Shean - Jerusalem|
|MON||Full day Masada and Dead Sea tour|
|TUE||Jerusalem Old City tour|
|WED||Jerusalem - Ein Karem - Bethlehem|
|THU||Travel to Amman (Jordan)|
|FRI||Mount Nebo - and Petra tour|
|SAT||Jeep safari in Wadi Rum. Overnight in Amman|
|SUN||Return to Israel and drop off at Ben Gurion APT|
> Start your journey up north and be guided by an expert through its many sites in Tiberias, Nazareth and Cana
> The Old City of Jerusalem is a place where culture, religion, tradition, and modernity go hand in hand.
> With the Western (Wailing) Wall, a symbol of Jewish spirituality, or the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the sight
of Jesus’s crucifixion, and the Dome of the Rock with its shining golden ceiling.
> Masada, the great mountain fortress built by King Herod is another fabulous place we visit, and walking through
it is like a history lesson come to life.
> Spend 4 days in Jordan, with visits to Jerash, Amman, Petra and an exciting Jeep ride in Wadi Rum
Best time to go
Spring (April and May) and autumn (September and October) are the best time to visit Israel when temperatures are pleasantly mild throughout the country.
Israel food & drink
Food in Israel is of high quality, and of course and varies dramatically in price. Tel Aviv, Israel’s undeniable culinary capital, top restaurants are expensive, even by European standards, but most restaurants across the country are reasonable when you consider the quality and portion sizes. The main dish will cost around 15 USD. Street food is good and reasonably priced. Limonana is a refreshing non-alcoholic drink made up of icy lemonade and crushed mint leaves. Goldstar is a refreshing lager beer and can be found in every store and restaurants
Culture and Language
Israelis are very casual but are typically blunt and direct in speech, which could be interpreted as being rude. The expression “shalom” is very often used to say hello. Dress code is casual, but, when visiting holy sites modest clothing is required. Smoking is considered a violation on Shabbat. There will be a sign at your hotel or restaurant to remind you of the same. Do not ignore it. Hebrew and Arabic are the official languages however English is widely spoken and used on street signs
Taxis in Israel can easily be hailed on the streets. They are metered and a concierge at your hotel will arrange a taxi at a set rate for your next destination. Drivers are friendly and talkative and will freely discuss any topic. Make sure that your driver is familiar with your end destination. Egged is the largest bus Company in Israel. Tel Aviv boasts a convenient bus system, Look out for the DAN buses in town and the Egged coach on the outskirts of the city. You can buy multiple passes or a day pass. Busses do not run on Shabbat and Jewish Holidays. Car rental may also be an option of getting around the country. Highways are modern and well maintained. Signage is in English. Street parking is free unless indicated by a “No parking” sign or a curb marked with red and yellow.
The basic rule is 12-15% in restaurants and cafes. This is often added to your bill. If you join a group tour, plan on tipping between $ 10-12 per person per day for the guide and around $ 5 for the driver
Borekas: pastries can be filled with cheese, potatoes, or vegetables.
Baba Ganoush: a tangy eggplant spread
Falafel: deep-fried chickpea balls, often served in pita bread
Hummus: mashed chickpea spread, hummus can be served in many ways and is a staple in Israeli households
Shwarma: Sliced grilled meat served in a pita bread with salad
Arrive Tel Aviv
- The beginning of your journey in the Holy Land
- Upon arrival, you will meet our representative and be transferred to your hotel in Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv - Sea of Galilee - Tiberias (B)
- The tour guide will pick you up from your hotel.
- We drive for a short visit to the city of Jaffa (Joppa) where we will take a short walking tour through picturesque alleys of the old, fortified town. We will pass by the house of Simon the Tanner and marvel at the views from the hilltop.
- Drive north along the coast to the archaeological ruins of Caesarea, built by Herod the Great in honor of Augustus Caesar. From there we visit Megiddo where the book of Revelations mentions a great battle at the place called "Armageddon". It is an ancient city inhabited continuously for more than five millennia (6000-500 B.C.).After exploring the ancient ruins, we drive toward the Sea of Galilee.
- Arrive at Tiberias and check-in to your hotel.
Sea of Galilee (B)
- Start the day from historic Tiberias, where Jesus lived, sojourned, and preached on the shores of the Sea of Galilee.
- Our next destination will be Capernaum, the center of Jesus ministry. On to Tabgha, just north of Tiberias, the site of Christ’s miracle of feeding the 5,000 and at the Church of Multiplication, where the mosaic floor depicts a basket with loaves and two fishes.
- We drive on to the Mount of Beatitudes overlooking the Sea, where Jesus preached the “Sermon on the Mount” and it is believed that Jesus picked his 12 apostles.
- We ascend to the Golan Heights to view the panoramic view of the peaks of Mt. Hermon, the rugged plateau of the Golan Heights, and beneath it the green pastoral Hula Valley.
- Return to Tiberias for another lovely night in town
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Sightseeing tours and intercity transfers as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Accommodation in selected hotels in double/twin sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Israel/Jordan visa fee
- Entrance fees
- Border taxes
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 04 OCT and 19 DEC 2018
- Seasonal supplements may be applicable
If you travel outside of the above dates, contact us for rates