Delhi to Mumbai in 11-days and be dazzled by the colorful cities you will visit en route.
See formidable palaces and soak up their atmosphere. Lose the rose-tinted glasses and see the true colors of this fascinating country on this revealing trip.
Tour starts in Delhi, the city with a rich past and a thriving presence. Explore the magic of the Taj Maha and tour the colorful markets in Jaipur. Unquestionably, the ride on an elephant back up the Amber Fort will be memorable. Explore the white lakeside city of Udaipur and the blue city of Jodhpur, edged on the Thar Desert. Lastly, discover the bright lights of Mumbai, the friendliest city in India.
Wherever you go on this tour, you’ll unquestionably encounter a whole kaleidoscope of rich colors. From the orange turbans, purple saris, mounds of scarlet spices in the markets to the golden sand dunes beneath a deep blue sky.
At a glance
Day 1 Welcome to Delhi. Transfer to your hotel
Day 2 Delhi city tour and travel to Agra
Day 3 Morning tour to the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort
Day 4 Stop at Fatehpur Sikri before arriving in Jaipur
Day 5 Tour of Jaipur with Elephant ride to the Amber Fort
Day 6 Travel to Jodhpur.
Day 7 Morning tour of Jodhpur’s main sites
Day 8 Leave for Udaipur. Afternoon at leisure
Day 9 Udaipur city tour and boat ride on Lake Pichola
Day 10 Udaipur to Mumbai (Flight) and transfer to hotel
Day 11 Depart to Mumbai Airport for onward/return flight
India’s Different Seasons
India climate is considered hot; however, the weather varies a lot depending on which part of the country you visit. The South has Monsoons whereas the North may be covered in snow. The best time to travel is between October and March (except for the Far North, where you will encounter winter conditions from November onwards)
Overview of food & drink
India’s food is tantalizing and spicy and comes in so many varieties. Rice is the foundation of each dish. This does not exclude a number for breads from light to roasted. Northern Indian food mostly consists of meaty stews and kebabs. Southern India is known for its spiced vegetarian curries and dosas. Goa and Kerala will serve you the best seafood dishes.
Drink only bottled water during your stay in India. Nimbu Pani (Lemonade) is a traditional and most common Indian drink, made of lemon and ginger juice. Coconut water is preferred by many locals across India. Toddy is a famous alcoholic drink in Madhya Pradesh that is made from various palm plants. Jal Jeera, the magical drink to survive the hot Indian Summers
Usually, add 10 to 15% when eating out. Restaurants in Delhi and Mumbai often charge a ‘service charge’, not to be confused with ‘service tax’ (which is a government-levied tax). When a ‘service charge’ is levied no tip is expected. When you have a driver over multiple days you should tip him between 150 – 300 INR per day. Again, base this on how happy you were with his service and local knowledge
Culture and Language
It’s traditional to greet people using ‘Namaste’; place both hands together and bow slightly. In urban areas this is often overlooked. Indian culture is based on a hierarchical system, so elders and superior are greeted first. Avoid standing too close to others. Use your right hand to touch, accept or give something. Do not use public displays of affection. Hindi is the official language, but English is widely spoken throughout the country
Getting around in India
Air carriers serve all major cities and large towns. There are several domestic “low Budget” options
Taxis and auto rickshaws are a very popular way of getting around the major cities. These rides are charged by the kilometer. Insist that your vehicle has a meter before going on your journey. Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai have metro systems. Rail is India is widely available. Shatabdi Express connects major and secondary cities. Advanced reservations are essential
Here are some traditional dishes
Alu Gobi: a dish made with potatoes (aloo), cauliflower (gobi) and Indian spices
Butter Chicken: traditionally cooked in a tandoor; but may be grilled, roasted or pan-fried with a special gravy
Rogan Josh: consists of braised lamb chunks cooked with a gravy based on browned onions or shallots, yogurt, garlic, ginger and aromatic spices
Malai Kofta: cooked in a creamy gravy made of tomatoes and cashew nuts
Naan: leavened, oven-baked flatbread normally served with all meals
This fantastic trip takes you on a journey through the magnificent land of Rajasthan, one of India’s most colorful provinces! Moreover, you also earn an opportunity to witness the glorious Taj along with the Pink City, Jaipur and the old and modern face of India in Delhi.
Arrive – Delhi
- You will be met and assisted; through the airport upon your arrival and then transferred to your hotel.
- Check-in at hotel 12h00 noon.
Delhi – Agra (B)
- After breakfast we have a morning; half day; combined sightseeing tour of Old and New Delhi.
- Visit Qutab Minar; India Gate (War Memorial) Lakshmi Narayan Temple – Modern Hindu Temple; drive past Presidents House; Parliament House and Secretariat buildings.
- Also visit Raj Ghat the cremation site of Mahatma Gandhi and drive past Jama Masjid; the Red Fort and Chandni Chowk.
- After the tour leave for Agra and on arrival check-in at hotel around noon
- Overnight at your hotel in Agra.
- After breakfast morning tour to the Taj Mahal & Agra Fort.
- Visit the world famous Taj Mahal built by Shah Jahan in 1560 in memory of his queen Mumtaz Mahal to enshrine her mortal remains.
- This architectural marvel is a perfectly proportioned masterpiece fashioned from white marble that stands testimony to the skill of 20;000 craftsmen brought together from Persia; Turkey; France and Italy and who took 17 years to complete this ‘Love Poem in Marble’. (Friday closed).
- Later visit the Agra Fort containing the halls for private & public audiences & other palaces. Shah Jahan spent years of confinement here at the hands of his son Aurangzeb; looking wistfully at the Taj Mahal from the Fort.
- Overnight at your hotel in Agra.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Sightseeing tours and intercity transfers as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 10 Nights’ Accommodation at selected hotels in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Jaipur offers sightseeing tour with an elephant ride/jeep ride
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- India visa fee
- Entrance fees
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT 18 and 31 MAR 2019
- Seasonal supplements for travel between 18 DEC 18 and 10 JAN 19
Contact us for any other date of travel required