Golden Triangle and Shimla tour will take you through topsy-turvy colorful street markets with sizzling food stalls and vibrant cities with jewel-studded palaces. Explore the magical Indian culture. Take a seat on board the Toy train to Shimla, the former summer capital of the British and a beautiful Himalayan town north of Delhi. This is an ideal 10-day tour including India’s famous tourist triangle circuit (Delhi-Agra-Jaipur)” combined with the attractive and popular hill station, Shimla.
Taste and feel the rich past and thriving present of the lively capital city New Delhi. Followed by a visit to the Taj Mahal in Agra and the beautiful Pink City, Jaipur. A toy train ride to Shimla and the Himalayas with amazing sights, all instilled with an extraordinary and eclectic mix of colors, sounds, customs, and religions. To summarize, you will visit some of the most incredible palaces in India and fascinating Shimla on our private tour of this beautiful country.
At a glance
Day 1 Welcome to Delhi. Transfer to your hotel
Day 2 Morning tour of Delhi
Day 3 Travel to Agra. Afternoon Taj Mahal & Agra Fort tour
Day 4 Vist Fatehpur Sikri before arriving in Jaipur
Day 5 Amber Fort and Jaipur city tour
Day 6 Return to Delhi for overnight
Day 7 Train to Kalka and board the Toy Train to Shimla
Day 8 Visit the botanical gardens, the Ridge, Jakhu Temple
Day 9 Return to Delhi by train
Day 10 Last day in India. Transfer to Airport
India’s Different Seasons
India climate is considered hot; however, the weather varies a lot depending on which part of the country you visit. The South has Monsoons whereas the North may be covered in snow. The best time to travel is between October and March (except for the Far North, where you will encounter winter conditions from November onwards)
Overview of food & drink
India’s food is tantalizing and spicy and comes in so many varieties. Rice is the foundation of each dish. This does not exclude a number for breads from light to roasted. Northern Indian food mostly consists of meaty stews and kebabs. Southern India is known for its spiced vegetarian curries and dosas. Goa and Kerala will serve you the best seafood dishes.
Drink only bottled water during your stay in India. Nimbu Pani (Lemonade) is a traditional and most common Indian drink, made of lemon and ginger juice. Coconut water is preferred by many locals across India. Toddy is a famous alcoholic drink in Madhya Pradesh that is made from various palm plants. Jal Jeera, the magical drink to survive the hot Indian Summers
Usually, add 10 to 15% when eating out. Restaurants in Delhi and Mumbai often charge a ‘service charge’, not to be confused with ‘service tax’ (which is a government-levied tax). When a ‘service charge’ is levied no tip is expected. When you have a driver over multiple days you should tip him between 150 – 300 INR per day. Again, base this on how happy you were with his service and local knowledge
Culture and Language
It’s traditional to greet people using ‘Namaste’; place both hands together and bow slightly. In urban areas this is often overlooked. Indian culture is based on a hierarchical system, so elders and superior are greeted first. Avoid standing too close to others. Use your right hand to touch, accept or give something. Do not use public displays of affection. Hindi is the official language, but English is widely spoken throughout the country
Getting around in India
Air carriers serve all major cities and large towns. There are several domestic “low Budget” options
Taxis and auto rickshaws are a very popular way of getting around the major cities. These rides are charged by the kilometer. Insist that your vehicle has a meter before going on your journey. Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai have metro systems. Rail is India is widely available. Shatabdi Express connects major and secondary cities. Advanced reservations are essential
Here are some traditional dishes
Alu Gobi: a dish made with potatoes (aloo), cauliflower (gobi) and Indian spices
Butter Chicken: traditionally cooked in a tandoor; but may be grilled, roasted or pan-fried with a special gravy
Rogan Josh: consists of braised lamb chunks cooked with a gravy based on browned onions or shallots, yogurt, garlic, ginger and aromatic spices
Malai Kofta: cooked in a creamy gravy made of tomatoes and cashew nuts
Naan: leavened, oven-baked flatbread normally served with all meals
- Upon your arrival at Delhi International Airport; you will be met by our representative who will assist you through immigration.
- Transfer to the hotel; and check-in.
- Stay overnight in the hotel in Delhi.
- After breakfast, embark on a full day sightseeing tour of Delhi.
- The places you will visit here include India Gate; Jama Masjid; Laxmi Narayan Temple; Parliament House; Gandhi Memorial; Red Fort; Humayun’s Tomb and Qutub Minar Complex.
- All these mini excursions are overseen by expert guides who regale you with interesting anecdotes and folklore.
- Return to your hotel for overnight stay.
Delhi – Agra (B)
- After breakfast, leave by road for Agra.
- Upon arrival; check into your hotel.
- Once you have rested for a while; go on a sightseeing tour of Agra.
- The first attraction you will visit is the white marble monument Taj Mahal – considered the eternal symbol of love by many.
- This is followed by a mini-tour of the Agra Fort (the seat and stronghold of the Mughal emperors).
- As the night approaches; you are escorted back to your hotel.
- Overnight at your hotel in Agra.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Sightseeing tours and intercity transfers as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 9 Nights Accommodation at selected hotels in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Jaipur offers sightseeing tour with an elephant ride/jeep ride
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- India visa fee
- Entrance fees
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT 18 and 31 MAR 2019
- Seasonal supplements for travel between 18 DEC 18 and 10 JAN 19
Contact us for any other date of travel required