Join us on a Heritage of South and Gems of North India tour. Be adventurous and explore Karnataka. Your journey starts in Bangalore and ending with all the major attractions of the North. Spend 5 days visiting Bangalore, Hassan and Mysore and 5 days exploring Delhi Agra and Jaipur.
At a glance
Day 1 Welcome to Bangalore. Transfer to hotel
Day 2 Bangalore morning tour.Onwards to Hassan
Day 3 Hassan city tour and travel to Mysore
Day 4 Sightseeing tour of Mysore
Day 5 Return to Bangalore for flight to Delhi
Day 6 Delhi tour and continue to Agra
Day 7 Visit the famous Taj Mahal and Agra Fort
Day 8 Stop at Fatehpur Sikri. Arrive in Jaipur
Day 9 Jaipur tour with Elephant ride to the Amber Fort
Day 10 Return to Delhi Airport for onward/return flight
India’s Different Seasons
India climate is considered hot; however, the weather varies a lot depending on which part of the country you visit. The South has Monsoons whereas the North may be covered in snow. The best time to travel is between October and March (except for the Far North, where you will encounter winter conditions from November onwards)
Overview of food & drink
India’s food is tantalizing and spicy and comes in so many varieties. Rice is the foundation of each dish. This does not exclude a number for breads from light to roasted. Northern Indian food mostly consists of meaty stews and kebabs. Southern India is known for its spiced vegetarian curries and dosas. Goa and Kerala will serve you the best seafood dishes.
Drink only bottled water during your stay in India. Nimbu Pani (Lemonade) is a traditional and most common Indian drink, made of lemon and ginger juice. Coconut water is preferred by many locals across India. Toddy is a famous alcoholic drink in Madhya Pradesh that is made from various palm plants. Jal Jeera, the magical drink to survive the hot Indian Summers
Usually, add 10 to 15% when eating out. Restaurants in Delhi and Mumbai often charge a ‘service charge’, not to be confused with ‘service tax’ (which is a government-levied tax). When a ‘service charge’ is levied no tip is expected. When you have a driver over multiple days you should tip him between 150 – 300 INR per day. Again, base this on how happy you were with his service and local knowledge
Culture and Language
It’s traditional to greet people using ‘Namaste’; place both hands together and bow slightly. In urban areas this is often overlooked. Indian culture is based on a hierarchical system, so elders and superior are greeted first. Avoid standing too close to others. Use your right hand to touch, accept or give something. Do not use public displays of affection. Hindi is the official language, but English is widely spoken throughout the country
Getting around in India
Air carriers serve all major cities and large towns. There are several domestic “low Budget” options
Taxis and auto rickshaws are a very popular way of getting around the major cities. These rides are charged by the kilometer. Insist that your vehicle has a meter before going on your journey. Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai have metro systems. Rail is India is widely available. Shatabdi Express connects major and secondary cities. Advanced reservations are essential
Here are some traditional dishes
Alu Gobi: a dish made with potatoes (aloo), cauliflower (gobi) and Indian spices
Butter Chicken: traditionally cooked in a tandoor; but may be grilled, roasted or pan-fried with a special gravy
Rogan Josh: consists of braised lamb chunks cooked with a gravy based on browned onions or shallots, yogurt, garlic, ginger and aromatic spices
Malai Kofta: cooked in a creamy gravy made of tomatoes and cashew nuts
Naan: leavened, oven-baked flatbread normally served with all meals
South India’s highlights
Starting in Bangalore, the most alive and buzzing city in India. Without a doubt, every resident takes immense pride in its tree-lined avenues crossing the city. From here, move to Hassan where roaring streams tumble down the mountainside. Walk over hanging bridges, past green meadows and end your day feasting on exotic cuisine. Mysore is still a city living in its past, where Kings and Queens drifted through the pearl hallways of the Palace.
North India’s attractions
Next wing your way northwards and see the classic sights and Imperial monuments of Delhi, the Amber Fort and pink city of Jaipur and marvel at the Taj Mahal in Agra. The region is in the first place a shoppers paradise. From the opulent jewels of Jaipur to the contemporary designers of Delhi. Besides, there will be time for you to browse and pick up a bargain.
After all, few tours can rival this introduction to the cultural and historical diversity of India. The country has dominated the world stage as the home of mighty emperors and a land of different traditions and cultures. During this tour, explore India’s vast elements. It is the land of the medieval civilization, myriad history and cultures and the artistic excellence.
The charm of India lies in its diversity, culture and its elusive quality. Few tours can rival this introduction to the cultural and historical diversity of North and South India
- You will be met and assisted; through the airport upon your arrival and then transferred to your hotel.
- Overnight at your hotel in Bangalore.
Bangalore – Hassan (B)
- After breakfast we have a morning half day sightseeing tour of the “Garden City” visiting the Lal Bagh laid out by Tipu Sultan and his father in the 18th century which has a variety of old trees; fountains; lotus pools; terraces and an assortment of tropical and sub-tropical herbs.
- Also visit the Bull Temple and drive past the Government Secretariat; Vidhan Soudha (Legislature building) and Cubbon Park.
- Later depart to Hassan by road and on arrival transfer to hotel.
- Overnight at your hotel in Hassan.
Hassan – Mysore (B)
- After breakfast, a morning tour of Hassan.
- After the tour, onwards to Mysore.
- On arrival check-in at the hotel.
- Overnight at your hotel in Mysore.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Sightseeing tours and intercity transfers as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 9 Nights’ Accommodation at selected hotels in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Jaipur offers sightseeing tour with an elephant ride/jeep ride
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- India visa fee
- Entrance fees
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT 18 and 31 MAR 2019
- Seasonal supplements for travel between 18 DEC 18 and 10 JAN 19
Contact us for any other date of travel required