Breathtaking views, endless streams of flowers, untouched nature and a freshness overload awaits you on this Golden Triangle with Kashmir tour. Spend 4 days aboard a traditional houseboat in Srinagar at the foot of the snow-capped Himalayas. Kashmir recently opened up again to tourism and is waiting to be explored. With diverse landscapes and ethnic groups, a rich history and delicious cuisine, Kashmir is an intoxicating cultural experience for all visitors.
Leave the north and go from nature to culture. Start your exploration of the "Golden Triangle cities". Delhi (the national capital of India), celebrated for its historical past and flourishing present. Onwards to Agra, world famous and home to the Taj Mahal and Jaipur (the Pink City).
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to India. Land in Delhi and transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Morning tour of Old and New Delhi|
|Day 3||Flight to Srinagar and transfer to houseboat|
|Day 4||Full day tour to Gulmarg|
|Day 5||Morning tour of Srinagar|
|Day 6||Flight Srinagar to Delhi & overnight|
|Day 7||Travel to Agra and visit the Taj Mahal|
|Day 8||Visit Fatehpur Sikri enroute to Jaipur|
|Day 9||Amber Fort and Jaipur city tour|
|Day 10||Return to Delhi for last overnight|
|Day 11||Last day in India. Transfer to Airport|
India’s Different Seasons
India climate is considered hot; however, the weather varies a lot depending on which part of the country you visit. The South has Monsoons whereas the North may be covered in snow. The best time to travel is between October and March (except for the Far North, where you will encounter winter conditions from November onwards)
Overview of food & drink
India’s food is tantalizing and spicy and comes in so many varieties. Rice is the foundation of each dish. This does not exclude a number for breads from light to roasted. Northern Indian food mostly consists of meaty stews and kebabs. Southern India is known for its spiced vegetarian curries and dosas. Goa and Kerala will serve you the best seafood dishes.
Drink only bottled water during your stay in India. Nimbu Pani (Lemonade) is a traditional and most common Indian drink, made of lemon and ginger juice. Coconut water is preferred by many locals across India. Toddy is a famous alcoholic drink in Madhya Pradesh that is made from various palm plants. Jal Jeera, the magical drink to survive the hot Indian Summers
Usually, add 10 to 15% when eating out. Restaurants in Delhi and Mumbai often charge a ‘service charge’, not to be confused with ‘service tax’ (which is a government-levied tax). When a ‘service charge’ is levied no tip is expected. When you have a driver over multiple days you should tip him between 150 – 300 INR per day. Again, base this on how happy you were with his service and local knowledge
Culture and Language
It’s traditional to greet people using ‘Namaste’; place both hands together and bow slightly. In urban areas this is often overlooked. Indian culture is based on a hierarchical system, so elders and superior are greeted first. Avoid standing too close to others. Use your right hand to touch, accept or give something. Do not use public displays of affection. Hindi is the official language, but English is widely spoken throughout the country
Getting around in India
Air carriers serve all major cities and large towns. There are several domestic “low Budget” options
Taxis and auto rickshaws are a very popular way of getting around the major cities. These rides are charged by the kilometer. Insist that your vehicle has a meter before going on your journey. Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai have metro systems. Rail is India is widely available. Shatabdi Express connects major and secondary cities. Advanced reservations are essential
Here are some traditional dishes
Alu Gobi: a dish made with potatoes (aloo), cauliflower (gobi) and Indian spices
Butter Chicken: traditionally cooked in a tandoor; but may be grilled, roasted or pan-fried with a special gravy
Rogan Josh: consists of braised lamb chunks cooked with a gravy based on browned onions or shallots, yogurt, garlic, ginger and aromatic spices
Malai Kofta: cooked in a creamy gravy made of tomatoes and cashew nuts
Naan: leavened, oven-baked flatbread normally served with all meals
A Golden Triangle Tour with Kashmir package will give you a unique opportunity to experience this spectacular and incredible journey of north India. Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur are a mixture of past, present, and future. It takes you to these three historical and cultural wonders of the region together with Kashmir- a paradise on earth.
Enjoy a taste of India on this outstanding 11-day tour to India's famous sights. It presents a rich pageantry and mystique that reaches out to the most matter-of-fact visitor. Kashmir (the paradise on Earth) is well known for its royal culture and rich tradition Here you find beautiful valleys, lakes dotted with Shikaras, the Mughal Gardens, and houseboats. The beauty of Kashmir's valleys leads the poet to describe it as a "Green Pea set in Pearls".
- You will be met by our representative who will assist you through immigration.
- Transfer to the hotel; and check-in.
- Overnight at your hotel in Delhi.
- After breakfast, morning combined sightseeing tour of Old and New Delhi.
- Visit Qutab Minar; India Gate (War Memorial) Lakshmi Narayan Temple-Modern Hindu Temple; drive past Presidents House; Parliament House and Secretariat buildings.
- Also visit Raj Ghat; the cremations sites of Mahatma Gandhi and drive past Jama Masjid; Red Fort and Chandni Chowk.
- Overnight at your hotel in Delhi.
Delhi - Srinagar (B)
- After breakfast, transfer to Delhi Airport for onward flight for Srinagar.
- On arrival at Srinagar Airport you will be met and transferred to your Houseboat.
- Overnight on the houseboat.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Sightseeing tours and intercity transfers as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- 10 Nights’ Accommodation at selected hotels in a double room sharing
- Meals: as mentioned
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Jaipur offers sightseeing tour with an elephant ride/jeep ride
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- India visa fee
- Entrance fees
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT 18 and 31 MAR 2019
- Seasonal supplements for travel between 18 DEC 18 and 10 JAN 19
Contact us for any other date of travel required