14-day Grand Egypt Private tour. Explore Cities and sail on the Nile. Relax on beaches and ascent historical Sinai. In Cairo visit the ancient Pyramids and Sphinx and the treasures at the Egyptian Museum. Follow in the footsteps of the Pharaohs as you drift along the famous river on a Nile Cruise Liner. Moor up beside stunning historic sites and drift off to sleep above the gentle waves. What's more, you will experience the long beaches and clear waters of Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh and visit the historical Monastery of St. Catherine.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Egypt. Transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Full day tour to Memphis, Sakkara and Pyramids of Giza|
|Day 3||Egyptian Museum tour. Overnight train to Aswan|
|Day 4||Transfer to Nile Cruise Liner & Aswan shore tour|
|Day 5||Visit Temple of Kom Ombo and Edfu|
|Day 6||In Luxor, see the Valley of Kings, Hatshepsut Temple|
|Day 7||Travel to Hurghada and check into your hotel|
|Day 8||Hurghada: relax by the pool or on the beach|
|Day 9||Hurghada: a day at leisure|
|Day 10||Ferry crossing into Sharm El Sheikh (Subject to reconfirmation)|
|Day 11||Free day in Sharm El Sheikh|
|Day 12||Early evening travel to St Catherine|
|Day 13||Ascend Mount Moses and tour the St Catherine Monastery. Return to Sharm|
|Day 14||Transfer to Cairo Airport for return flight|
During this unique journey, not only do you visit Pyramids, ancient temples, tombs, churches, and mosques but you will also have a chance to cruise the majestic Nile like the pioneering voyagers – but you stay aboard a luxury Nile Cruis Liner.
Stay in Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh - both delightful Red Sea Resorts. See St Catherine and climb Mount Moses.
Wander through the lively open-air marketplaces or Souqs.
Traveling through Egypt is definitely an experience you are bound to remember.
Best time to travel
As the Egyptian Tourist Authority says, Egypt Has It All - from Cairo with the Pyramids and the Sphinx, the largest collection of antiquities in the Egyptian Museum with the astonishing treasures of the boy-king Tutankhamun, to the luxury Nile cruises, desert safaris, diving and snorkelling in the Red Sea and ancient history with unbelievable sites like the famous Valley of the Kings holding the tombs of the Pharaohs.
Egypt Culture and Greetings
Egypt’s Essential Views are defined as Honour, Loyalty, Education, Modesty, and Pride
Greetings between men and women: A handshake may be acceptable in certain circumstances and the woman must extend her hand first. If she does not, a man should bow his head as a sign of acknowledgment.
- Drinks & Food
There is a wide variety of offerings available ranging from the cheap food carts and street food that serve Egypt’s working class to fancy restaurants that cater solely to tourists and the upper class. Tea (shai) is the national drink of Egypt. Invitations to sit and drink tea together are an important part of the culture. Egyptians generally drink tea sweetened with a large amount of sugar. Alcohol is not widely consumed because of Islamic rules. Beer is popular and readily available in the larger cities. Buy your duty-free alcohol before entering the country.
- City Travel
Government-owned Transport Authority run buses and tram services in Cairo (Very crowded). Buses and fixed taxi routes are run by private companies. The easiest way to get around Cairo is by Metro. Most used transport mode are taxi’s. Fix the rate before you start your journey. A comprehensive rail network runs through the country. Serving the Nile cities are various AC day and night trains with sleeping and restaurant cars serving Luxor and Aswan (Sleeper trains must be booked well in advance)
Also known as Backsheesh will be requested from you by “everyone”. Change your money into Egyptian Pounds for tips to porters, waiters, room staff and drivers. Official Guides are tipped in Foreign currency. Remember that the tips supplement the income of low Egyptian wages paid.
Cairo Arrival Day
- Arrive at Cairo International Airport.
- You will be met by our representative who will assist you through immigration.
- Transfer to the hotel and check-in.
- The remainder of the day is at your leisure
- After breakfast; enjoy a full day visit to the Pyramids; Sphinx; Memphis & Sakkara.
- Overnight at your hotel in Cairo.
Cairo to Aswan (B-D)
- Check out after breakfast and proceed on a full day tour visiting the Egyptian Museum; Citadel and Bazaar.
- After the tour; you will be transferred to Cairo station and board the overnight sleeper train for Aswan.
- The train departs Cairo at 8 pm and arrives in Aswan at 8 am (next day).
- Dinner and overnight on the train
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Overnight sleeper train
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double/twin room sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- NOTE: The Nile Cruise program is subject to change without prior notice due to navigational and security circumstances. Shore excursions and sailing hours are subject to change for reasons beyond cruise control, however, all shore visits will be respected.
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT 18 and 31 MAR 2019
- Seasonal supplements for travel between 17 DEC 18 and 10 JAN 19
Contact us for any other date of travel required