Egypt Rivers and Desert tour is the most complete tour of this ancient country of antiquities
Starting in Cairo, this tour allows you to see the country in a way you have never seen before. Immerse yourself in the luxury and serenity of a Nile River Cruise. Visit historical sites of Cairo and the remnants of ancient civilizations in Luxor; Edfu; Kom Ombo and Aswan. Relax in Sharm el Sheikh with a tour to St Catherine. Experience the thrill and the unspoiled beauty of the White Desert and sleep one night in a Tented Camp.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Cairo Transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Pyramids & Sphinx, Memphis and Sakkara Tour|
|Day 3||Visit the Museum, Citadel and Khan Bazaar. Train to Aswan|
|Day 4||Transfer to Nile Cruise Liner. Start of Nile cruise program|
|Day 5||Visit Kom Ombo and Edfu Temple|
|Day 6||Luxor: Visit Karnak & Luxor Temples|
|Day 7||Transfer to Airport for flight to Sharm El Sheikh|
|Day 8||Sharm El Sheikh: day at leisure|
|Day 9||Evening transfer to St Catherine|
|Day 10||Climb Mount Moses, visit St Catherine Monastery|
|Day 11||Flight to Cairo. Travel to the Bahariya Oasis|
|Day 12||White Desert, Crystal Mountain and Black Desert|
|Day 13||Breakfast in the Desert. Return to Cairo|
|Day 14||Tour ends with transfer to Cairo Airport|
> Guaranteed departures
> Touring with private English speaking guides
> Visit royal tombs in Cairo
> A Nile cruise filled with exciting shore excursions
> Explore St Catherine and Mount Moses during your stay in Sharm El Sheikh
> Tour the White Desert in 4 WD and spend 1 night in tented camp
Best Time to Travel:
October and April - but remember December and January are considered peak Season
However, tours are cheaper between May and September
A Visa is required when traveling on a South African Passport and must be obtained before departure
Gifts and Shopping
The Khan el Khalili Bazaar is a 500-year-old market and a great place to shop for printed fabrics. There is also a gold and silver market. City Stars mall is upmarket Mall and
The official currency is the Egyptian Pound
Only drink bottled water and use it for brushing your teeth. Always keep bottled water on hand during your tours
Also called "Backshees" will be requested from you from anyone who offers a service.
But do not despair, tipping can be prepaid before your departure
Local interesting meals:
Ful Mudamas: broad beans in sauce
Koshari: lentils, macaroni, rice and chickpeas
Mahshi: stuffed grapevine leaves
Fiteer Baladi: known as Egyptian pizza, fiteer is buttery and full of artery-clogging goodness
Falafel (Tameya): a deep-fried mixture of herbs and beans is a favorite, especially among vegetarians
Kofta: minced beef or lamb with spices, rolled onto a skewer and barbecued over coals
Nile Cruise experience
Urban areas and small villages all float by at a relaxing pace. Kids race alongside the vessel. An angler waves’ hello as he pulls in his catch for the day. Seeing everyday life from a Nile cruise is getting an alternate perception of Egypt. The reeds stand tall along the banks. Both nightfall and dawns are among the most spectacular on the planet. There is something powerful about remaining on the deck of a vessel. Watch a million shades of red and gold noting that individuals have watched the same sight for centuries. A Nile Cruise bonds you to the general population of Egypt both present and olden days in a way no other experience can duplicate.
Shaped by hundreds of years of decaying and dust storms, the calcium expansions are like incredible imaginary statues. Some look like food items given names like "mushroom" and "frozen custard,". Others have flashier names such as "the Monolith" and "Inselberg." Only in The White Desert will you experience such an odd and striking characteristic historical center of chalk-shake.
Many travelers select to spend a night outdoors in the company of Bedouin guides. Here you can watch the changing appearances of the stone monuments as the brilliant sun of the evening sinks into a shadowy sunset. As the sun goes down, the calcium ocean appears to mirror every one of the fuchsias and oranges of the sky. Keep in mind that a night under the stars of the Western Desert is an unforgettable occasion
Egypt is so deeply ingrained in our perceptions of history, culture, and civilization that it is taken on an almost mythical quality. It is the oldest tourist destination on Earth and its pulling power shows no sign of waning. That the Great Pyramid of Giza is the only one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World still standing is a testament to Egypt’s timelessness.
- Arrival at Cairo International Airport; you will be greeted by our representative who will assist you through immigration and customs formalities.
- Transfer in A/C coach to the hotel for check-in.
- Overnight at hotel in Cairo.
- After breakfast start your amazing tour to Memphis and Sakkara; the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx
- Return to your hotel for overnight.
Cairo to Aswan (B-D)
- Check out after breakfast and depart on a full day guided tour to the Egyptian Museum; the Citadel; Mohamed Ali Mosque; Old Coptic Cairo including Hanging Church and Khan El Khalili Bazaars.
- After the tour transfer to Cairo Station and board the Sleeper train to Aswan.
- The train departs Cairo at 8:00 p.m. and arrives Aswan at 8:15 a.m. (next day)
- Dinner and overnight on board the train
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Overnight sleeper train
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double/twin room sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- NOTE: The Nile Cruise program is subject to change without prior notice due to navigational and security circumstances. Shore excursions and sailing hours are subject to change for reasons beyond cruise control, however, all shore visits will be respected.
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT 18 and 31 MAR 2019
- Seasonal supplements for travel between 17 DEC 18 and 10 JAN 19
Contact us for any other date of travel required