Egypt Pharaohs and Red Sea Holiday. Visit Cairo, the largest city in Africa and Egypt's capital. Explore historic treasures such as the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx. Wander through the city's bustling streets and learn about the country's fascinating history. Then fly to Hurghada for a few days and stay in one of Egypt's most beautiful seaside towns. Enjoy the sun, the sandy beaches, and the blue sea.
Seeing the three great pyramids of pharaohs and the Sphinx with the body of a lion and the head of a pharaoh makes a tremendous impression on everyone and raises many questions. Your guide will reveal the secret of the Pyramids and can arrange for you to enter a pyramid.
One of the oldest markets in the world is the oriental Khan el Khalili bazaar in medieval Cairo. Enjoy the lively atmosphere in this maze of narrow streets. Here the coppersmiths hammer the vessels; the cobbler sits in his small open workshop repairing shoes. The smell of spices and incense fill the air. Certain streets are peppered with shops seemingly selling all the gold in the world. You will find some exotic souvenirs at the markets.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Cairo. Transfer to your hotel|
|Day 2||Morning tour to the Pyramids & Sphinx|
|Day 3||Transfer to Cairo APT. Fly to Hurghada, transfer to hotel|
|Day 4||Hurghada: relax on the beach|
|Day 5||Hurghada: day free|
|Day 6||Hurghada: day free|
|Day 7||Hurghada: day free|
|Day 8||Transfer to Hurghada Airport. End of tour|
> Daily departures
> Private guided tours in Cairo to the Pyramids, Sphinx and discover the ancient treasures at the Egyptian Museum
> 6 Glorious sunshine days in Hurghada - all meals included
> Transfers in private AC vehicles in Cairo and Hurghada
> Assistance for optional tours in Hurghada by our local office
Best Time to Travel:
October and April - but remember December and January are considered peak Season
However, tours are cheaper between May and September
A Visa is required when traveling on a South African Passport and must be obtained before departure
Gifts and Shopping
The Khan el Khalili Bazaar is a 500-year-old market and a great place to shop for printed fabrics. There is also a gold and silver market. City Stars mall is upmarket Mall and
The official currency is the Egyptian Pound
Only drink bottled water and use it for brushing your teeth. Always keep bottled water on hand during your tours
Also called "Backshees" will be requested from you from anyone who offers a service.
But do not despair, tipping can be prepaid before your departure
Local interesting meals:
Ful Mudamas: broad beans in sauce
Koshari: lentils, macaroni, rice and chickpeas
Mahshi: stuffed grapevine leaves
Fiteer Baladi: known as Egyptian pizza, fiteer is buttery and full of artery-clogging goodness
Falafel (Tameya): a deep-fried mixture of herbs and beans is a favorite, especially among vegetarians
Kofta: minced beef or lamb with spices, rolled onto a skewer and barbecued over coals
The Egyptian Museum is home to incredible art made by the ancient Egyptians. Walk between impressive statues of pharaohs and gods and find out what kind of shoes and clothes people wore thousands of years ago.
One of the greatest treasures is the mask of the boy-king Tutankhamun, made of pure gold. At the sight of his gilded chariot, the young pharaoh comes alive.
In the green valley of the Nile, you'll see that life is virtually the same as during the time of the pharaohs. Egyptian children ride their donkeys and women carry large jugs of water on their heads. Take an optional ride through the date palms plantations to reach the Step Pyramid of Pharaoh Djoser.
A short flight brings you to the Red Sea to enjoy the sun and the beach. At the airport, our representative awaits you for the transfer to the resort of your choice. The resorts are selected for their comfort and child friendliness.
- On your arrival at Cairo International Airport, you will be greeted by our representative who will assist you through immigration and customs formalities. (Check-in at 12:00 hours or prior if rooms are available)
- Transfer by our A/C Deluxe coach to your hotel for check-in.
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Cairo.
- After breakfast we depart for a full day visit the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx.
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Cairo.
Cairo – Hurghada (B-D)
- Breakfast at your Hotel.
- After breakfast you will be transferred to Cairo Airport for your Flight to Hurghada
- Upon your arrival at Hurghada Airport, you will be greeted by our representative & transferred by our A/C Deluxe coach to your hotel for check-in.
- The rest of the day is at your leisure to enjoy the sun, sandy beach and crystal blue sea.
- Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Hurghada
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double/twin room sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Excursions with Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT 18 and 31 MAR 2019
- Seasonal supplements for travel between 17 DEC 18 and 10 JAN 19
Contact us for any other date of travel required