The Land of Pharaohs, the cradle of civilizations, legends and mysteries. Our Luxor and Red Sea Legends Tour offers you an unforgettable experience to the ancient wonders of Egypt. Learn more about the mythical sites of the Pyramids, the Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum, Luxor and Karnak Temples and The Valley of Kings. After all the touring you had in the past days settle into your hotel in El Gouna, a mirage on the Red Sea, just outside Hurghada. Its downtown Marina comes alive after sunset.
At a glance
|Day 1||Welcome to Cairo. Transfer to your hotel|
|Day 2||Pyramids & Sphinx. Overnight train travel to Luxor.|
|Day 3||Transfer to Hotel. Visit the Karnak & Luxor Temples|
|Day 4||Cross the Nile for a visit to the West Bank sites|
|Day 5||Leave Luxor for El Gouna, the perfect Red Sea Resort|
|Day 6||El Gouna; day at leisure|
|Day 7||Return to Hurghada for flight to Cairo|
|Day 8||Visit the Museum and return to Cairo Airport.|
> Travel to Giza, home to the Great Pyramids of Cheops and the timeless Sphinx
> Overnight sleeper train to Luxor
> Visit the stunning Karnak and Luxor Temples built over 1500 years
> Cross the Nile to the West Bank and enter the Valley of Kings for a visit
> Sail a Felucca on the Nile, what a wonderful way to spend a late afternoon
> Journey through dramatic mountains to the Red Sea coastal resort of El Gouna
- Best time to travel
The best time to visit Egypt’s sites (Cairo, red Sea Resort and Nile Cities) is from February to April and again between October and November. During these months, the sky and seas are perfectly blue.
Winter time temperatures (December to February) are mild and can be overcast. Note that December is peak season and rates are calculated accordingly
- Egypt Culture and Greetings
Egypt’s Essential Views are defined as Honour, Loyalty, Education, Modesty and Pride
Greetings between men and women: A handshake may be acceptable in certain circumstances and the woman must extend her hand first. If she does not, a man should bow his head as a sign of acknowledgment.
- Drinks & Food
There is a wide variety of offerings available ranging from the cheap food carts and street food that serve Egypt’s working class to fancy restaurants that cater solely to tourists and the upper class. Tea (shai) is the national drink of Egypt. Invitations to sit and drink tea together are an important part of the culture. Egyptians generally drink tea sweetened with a large amount of sugar. Alcohol is not widely consumed because of Islamic rules. Beer is popular and readily available in the larger cities. Buy your duty-free alcohol before entering the country.
- City Travel
Government-owned Transport Authority run buses and tram services in Cairo (Very crowded). Buses and fixed taxi routes are run by private companies. The easiest way to get around Cairo is by Metro. Most used transport mode are taxi’s. Fix the rate before you start your journey. A comprehensive rail network runs through the country. Serving the Nile cities are various AC day and night trains with sleeping and restaurant cars serving Luxor and Aswan (Sleeper trains must be booked well in advance)
Also known as Backsheesh will be requested from you by “everyone”. Change your money into Egyptian Pounds for tips to porters, waiters, room staff and drivers. Official Guides are tipped in Foreign currency. Remember that the tips supplement the income of low Egyptian wages paid.
- Local Interesting meals
Ful Mudamas: broad beans in sauce
Koshari: lentils, macaroni, rice and chickpeas
Mahshi: stuffed grapevine leaves
Fiteer Baladi: known as Egyptian pizza, fiteer is buttery and full of artery-clogging goodness
Falafel (Tameya): a deep-fried mixture of herbs and beans is a favorite, especially among vegetarians
Kofta: minced beef or lamb with spices, rolled onto a skewer and barbecued over coals
Visit the Valley of the Kings containing the once hidden tombs of over 64 Pharaohs such as Tutankhamen, Seti I, Ramses III and IV. Take a walk over a short but steep ridge and visit the temple of Queen Hatshepsut at Dher El Bahri. Further on see the Colossi of Memnon and the Ramesseum.
Enjoy a stay at the small Red Sea Resort town of El Gouna. Here you walk along the beach, enjoy some snorkeling and experience the fantastic coral reefs of the Red Sea.
Back in Cairo, see the world-famous Egyptian Museum of Antiquity where you can find the fantastic riches of Tutankhamen’s tomb. The museum is an extraordinary opportunity to see the many fabulous treasures of this ancient country in one place.
This 8 Day holiday tour covers all major cities and historical sites in Cairo, Luxor, as well visiting El Gouna with sightseeing tours around Cairo. Visit the temple complex of Luxor and Karnak; play in El Gouna where the turquoise Red Sea sparkles.
- Arrive at Cairo International Airport. Our representative will assist you through immigration, transfer to the hotel and check-in.
- The remainder of the day is at your leisure.
- Overnight at hotel
Cairo / Sleeper Train to Luxor (B-D)
- After breakfast head to the impressive Pyramids at Giza, on the western outskirts of Cairo. Home to the Great Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren and Mycerinus and the timeless and enigmatic Sphinx, these great monuments to the afterlife defy the imagination. Only the throng of sightseers, Egyptian and foreign tourist milling around their huge foundations keep the viewer in the 21st century.
- We take a camel ride here too, the perfect opportunity to take a few classic photos.
- This evening we travel by sleeper train to Luxor.
- Overnight on the train.
- Arrive early in Luxor and start discovering what this ancient city has to offer.
- Visit the stunning Karnak and Luxor temples. Built over 1500 years, Karnak is a confusion of pylons, courtyards, halls and sanctuaries.
- Its Hypostyle hall has 134 columns 23 meters high and 15 meters in circumference.
- We have some time to relax and settle in to our hotel before an afternoon visit to the Mummification Museum, an interesting museum that appeals to adults and children alike.
- Overnight at your hotel in Luxor.
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure by our local representative
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary in AC vehicle
- Overnight sleeper train
- Accommodation in selected hotels in a double/twin room sharing
- Meal plan as per itinerary
- Excursions with Local English speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- International/Domestic flights – Departure & Fuel taxes (Contact us for best airfares)
- Personal expenses, meals and drinks unless otherwise specified
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- Services not stated in the itinerary
- Rate valid for travel between 01 OCT 18 and 31 MAR 2019
- Seasonal supplements for travel between 17 DEC 18 and 10 JAN 19
Contact us for any other date of travel required